Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Ronnie, your bizarre obsession with displaying your tookus is somewhat disturbing - paging Dr. Freud. Ahhhh, wait - I got it - you figure the more you keep tossing it out there... the more likely someone'll be to toss "it" IN THERE. Makes sense.
Ha! Nice one, Paul. If I used terms like "LOL", I would say that I just LOLed bigtime over here!

Hmmmmm, Paulito, you sound like a "man?" who is speaking from experience (either that, or you are "interested")?!

I wouldn't want you to get overly stimulated, so rather than a tookus, I'll leave you with a instead!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-17-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Old 02-17-2014, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

You kids !!!!

Play nice now

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Limbo

Garage
My CTR tribute build so far

1979SC chassis

Engine:
1978 Euro spec 3.3 Turbo Engine
3.4 RUF P's & C's
Andial Innercooler
B&B headers
TEC T3/T4 hybrid turbo
Straight dump pipe
Tial 40mm waste gate @ 1bar
Updated oil return pump
964 cams
Ported heads
MSD ignition
All new fuel lines
Back dated heat
Powder coated everything, lol

Trans:
1997 G50 6spd
G50 axles
OS Giken LSD
Updated side plate
Wevo shifter, raised and shortened
Wevo 993 coupler

Suspension:
993 C2 Big Black brake upgrade
TRG swaybars
22 Sanders hollow fronts
Re-valved Bilstein fronts
Elephant rear coil overs
Elephant 935 spring plates
Elephant de-cambered ball joints
Elephant A-arm bushings
Elephant Swing arm bushings
Elephant rear shock tower bracing
Azev wheels, 18x8.5 & 18x10.5 (modified center mounts and colored centers)
JDM fabrication (me) Strut brace

Body:
Custom body work (trust me...) haha
RUF front and rear bumpers
RUF oil cooler panel
Shaved mirrors and emblems
Ruf mirrors
Shaved rain gutters
H4's

Interior:
Safety Devices full roll cage
Carbon seats (CTR clones)
Sparco Torino R505 street seats (switch back and forth)
RS door panels
Raised shifter base
935 boost gauge (clock replacement)
Momo wheel

That's what I can think of for now, I'm tired and have a cold drink in front of me...

Last edited by Slider79SC; 02-20-2014 at 07:16 AM..
Old 02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Slider, dang dude!
That's a slick build sheet man.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
You kids !!!!

Play nice now

Cole
Mr. Cole, my dear, politically incorrect, friend, I took your decision to ignore my request for roommate-ship as a personal affront, so with that in mind, please accept the following as my sincere gift to you!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-17-2014 at 10:39 PM..
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

1987 shiny black turbo cab, roll bar, RUF muffler, G50.

Not sure what I like best, looking at her,

listening to her or

driving her,

they all rock
Old 02-18-2014, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

I just remembered more.....
spindles raised 30mm and the struts / shocks re-valved to match the torsion bars by Elephant Racing.
1982 930, K-27, BL adj. WUR, Rarlyl8 Headers and Hooligan muffler, MSD 6, 22 and 30mm torsion bars, poly bronze bushings 30mm raised spindles and custom valved Bilstein shocks (by Elephant Racing), monoballs front and rear (by Rennline), Alton 17" Fuchs, Fred Cook fuse panel
Old 02-18-2014, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Mr. Cole, my dear, politically incorrect, friend, I took your decision to ignore my request for roommate-ship as a personal affront, so with that in mind, please accept the following as my sincere gift to you!

You got a nice thing going on with your behind dont you??
it seems to be at the end of your every post.. maybe it shows how intelligent you really are,?
I guess if you didnt have a porsche you'd most likely be sitting on a park bench feeding pigeons mumbling to yourself all day

Old 02-19-2014, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
I guess if you didnt have a porsche you'd most likely be sitting on a park bench feeding pigeons mumbling to yourself all day
Nhaaaaa - I'd spend my time looking up parts/part numbers for people not endowed with my almighty skillzzzzz (even humorless noobes who think that insults are the proper response to sound, feely given advice)!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-19-2014 at 12:46 PM..
Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
hello

0000000000000000000000000000 none nada I still love the great sound of the cassette player haha 40 K 88 930
Old 02-19-2014, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
Short list of my mods because I haven't done that much. Rarly8 street muffler ,k27-7200 turbo ,964 cams ,redone air conditioning ,swapped out linen interior for black seats and carpet. Took out climate control knob ,replaced with lever. Nakamichi cd4000 head unit. H-4' s shining bright. All new fuse panel. I'm reaching now ,but I'm happy with it.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

The ONLY thing thats stock on my car is the roof panel..... !!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 02-20-2014, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest

hey guys/ladies what do you think this 930 worth?
Porsche 930 930 Turbo | eBay

thanks

Alex

Last edited by Alex973; 02-20-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 03:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex973 View Post

thanks
If all is good mechanically, body structure is sound and the suspension is ok...then the asking price is definitely in the ballpark.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
toooootal threadjack notwithstanding???

that car has been FS FOREVER

GOTTA be a reason (beyond the hellauberghey decals on the intercooler and the ullllltrawicked cheesballtastic steering wheel & shiftknob (and indicators on the GAYges, and and and and and).

Other than that? Sure, go nuts.

Baaaaack on topic kplstxbye..........

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-20-2014, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex973 View Post

thanks
That machine is...uh...well....just a little bit riced-out for my liking. Too F'ing much glitz. Probably goes like a gay raped ape, but oh well.

I've stayed out of this particular thread 'cause I really can't compete with the level of buulllsheet'n comradarie ($hit, I can't spell) that you boys are flipping around lately. That's what makes this group as tight and world renowned as it is, the ultimate comfort to speak our minds and take no offense. Good friends best defines who we are.

My car has no mods (I guess maybe I should change my signature to match my avitar )
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
That machine is...uh...well....just a little bit riced-out for my liking. Too F'ing much glitz. Probably goes like a gay raped ape, but oh well.

I've stayed out of this particular thread 'cause I really can't compete with the level of buulllsheet'n comradarie ($hit, I can't spell) that you boys are flipping around lately. That's what makes this group as tight and world renowned as it is, the ultimate comfort to speak our minds and take no offense. Good friends best defines who we are.

My car has no mods (I guess maybe I should change my signature to match my avitar )
Some, "humor challenged", souls do take offence, unfortunately, but to them one must simply offer a heartfelt

And Mark, don't sell yourself short, as your car's "red hot" mods command respect from one and all!!!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-20-2014 at 11:30 PM..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
Personally - I embrace the idea of modding these cars... I don't think it's a contest actually; I am curious to know what others have done on the mod path. If I wanted a stock car I would have bought a 993TT God knows with the entry fee of my car plus all the $$$ I've put into mods, I could have easily bought one by now...

Anyhow, I am officially adding to my list! Clint at RSR is packaging a full coilover setup for my car including a 935 front end and all the goodies. It's kind of the last step for my car so I am pretty excited! - Hopefully my wife won't ask how much that bill cost...

Chris.
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 02-21-2014, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

So where to start. last set of mods or currently in progress? Last set was all the CIS stuff adjustable wur etc. plus 3.4 pistons 7.5 to 1 compression and k-27hfs. 3 different sets of headers about 4 different clutches. Plus i did an all steel conversion to a slant. repainted it. No guilt with the conversion, car was totalled and all in pieces before i bought it. front mounted oil cooler.
Current status.
re-plated the fully finned 98mm cylinders and cryotreated them.
Xtreme full treatment on the heads. (twin plugs, flame rings, CNC ported to 41.6mm on intakes with the injector notch welded up. over-sized valves with undersized stems Stock is 8 mine are 7 i believe, titanium retainers, eibach springs, Stainless intake valves inconel exhaust.)
Jenevy ITB's
individual intake manifolds
Dual turbo smart BOV's
MS3X with boost controller and knock sensor cards set up for sequential injection
Coil on plugs
964 lower valve covers
flex fuel sensor So i can run on e-85 also without having to retune or switch maps
Pauter rods
Je 98mm 7.5 to 1 pistons
GT-2 cams.
Turbo kraft rocker arm locks
Billet fuel rails
80# injectors which i think I will need to replace with larger ones.

Still left to either fabricate or acquire
Garret turbo
headers B&B 1 3/4 primaries with heat twin scroll. Then have to add my own waste gate connections
Turbo smart waste gates.
Finish fabricating my intake plenums
finish fabrication of my inter-cooler and piping.
Build wiring harness
Get case shuffle pinned
Get the crank polished and cross-drilled
repaint the car again. This time myself i think last time was screwed on the quality of the clear coat. which has already failed in the Florida sun.
New tires, new barrels for my Hartman 18 front rims no idea where to find those. When i'm done with the above there will be some suspension stuff to do and probably a LSD.

PS i keep getting messages from people wanting to buy my CIS parts. I'm not selling any of that until this thing is running tuned correctly and all the bugs worked out. which with my budget could be a couple years.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 02-22-2014 at 04:18 PM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
1978 build

well - these mod lists tend to be long. Unfortunately, mine will not be any different.

Current project car that I have owed for 15 years and just trying to finish it for the last 2 years. Purchased as a rolling chassis with boxes of parts from Chris at Powerhaus in Phoenix. Supposed to be complete except for a motor. Well you know how that goes.

Purchased a motor from Henry Schmidt currently Supertec (Class Action at the time of purchase). Henry built the motor for me with mods.

Car has been taken down to the tub, the wiring was the only thing that remained in the car. Should have taken it out - ended up hard to work around.

So here we go:
ENGINE:
-Twin plugged
-Heads Ported and polished
-Crankfire twin plug ignition (Powerhaus)
-Intake was ported and shipped to Extrude Hone for internal polishing
-SC cams
-Billet aluminum injector blocks (TurboKraft)
-Garrett 35 ball bearing Turbo, heat coated (TurboKraft)
-Powerhaus stainless headers and muffler
-1 bar waste gate spring
-Racing fuel distributor from Germany (purchase from Powerhaus)
-TurboKraft Intercooler
-WUR rebuild (TurboKraft)
-Fuel injectors flow matched (TurboKraft)
-All engine tins were powdercoated satin black
-Intake and turbo pressure manifold were bead blasted and powdeer coated clear
-Fan was polished and powder coated clear
-Most other engine parts were powder coated gloss black
-Front Oil Cooler with new stainless stell braided lines
-New stainless steel braided lines
-New 1/2" diameter aluminum fuel hardlines run thru the tunnel
-Water Metanol Injection was added. One injector per cylinder located at the injector blocks (machine work by TurboKraft). Reservoir mounted in the truck with pump. Line was run thru the tunnel
-Wevo motor and transmission mounts

SUSPENSION:
-All new thru Rebel Racing. Removal of front and rear torsion bars and replaced with coilovers. RSR rear adjustable spring plate. Monoballs at trailing arms and front shock towers.
-Rebel Racing front syherical control arm bearings
-Rennline front strut bar
-Rebel Racing rear shock tower re-inforcements with custom strut bar mounted to the shock tower re-inforcement plates
-Tarrett front and rear sway bars
-Front control arms powder coated gloss black
-Rear trailing arms were bead blasted and powder coated clear
-New front and rear wheel and hub bearings
-Wevo short shifit conversion

HEATING/AC
-replacement of entire system from Griffiths. With additional left rear fender condensor.
-All associated parts and pieces were powder coated black
-All new fan motors by Griffiths

INTERIOR:
-Sound and heat padding (dynamat and aircraft sound pads)
-Alcantara headliner from Classic 9
-Dash recovered in black leather with dual french stitching in white
-All interior side panels, door panels completed in leather basket weave (Classic 9)
-Recaro front seats to be recovered in black leather with french white stitching and basket weave inserts (Classic 9)
-New leather dash face
-New alcantara face along glove box and radio insert band
-New leather knee pads
-Custom full length console. Front portion is a copy from a 930S console (sold) and continues to the rear seats. Full encloses the autoheat unit with only the conrol knob exposed on a removable leather center insert. Seat belt attachment points at the tunnel are also enclosed with the console. Using a removable insert for access.
-White gauges with LED lighting - updated by Hollywood Speedo
-Extensive leather covering at sill sides, surround at rear seats, custom made removable footwell heater cover panels, exposed center tunnel is covered in leather, foot area around the pedals and front "fire wall" are all covered in leather.
-Custom carpet patterns with leather boarder below front seats and rear seats. No other carpet is in the car
-All leather door map pockets, handles and door caps recovered in leather with white stitching.

BODY:
-Repainted black
-Steel slantnose front fenders with brake duct vents (completed with the rolling chassis)(from AJusa)
-Complete repaint of tub bottom
-Steel boxed rockers (AJusa)
-Custom built center mounted headlight motor and lift mechanism. Factory Porsche motor and mounts for headlights
-Ruf front spoiler

MISC:
-All rear and trunk latches were nickle plated and powder coated clear
-New sunroof seals and cables
-Rennline battery mount with cut-off switch
-New updated main fuse to blades (purchased from fellow pelican member)

There is more - but I am tired of typing (lol). Thanks for the read
08 GT3 RS (white/black) (modified of course)
67 911S
Old 02-22-2014, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: