Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hams930T View Post
Personally - I embrace the idea of modding these cars... I don't think it's a contest actually; I am curious to know what others have done on the mod path. If I wanted a stock car I would have bought a 993TT God knows with the entry fee of my car plus all the $$$ I've put into mods, I could have easily bought one by now...

Anyhow, I am officially adding to my list! Clint at RSR is packaging a full coilover setup for my car including a 935 front end and all the goodies. It's kind of the last step for my car so I am pretty excited! - Hopefully my wife won't ask how much that bill cost...

Chris.
That was my thought behind this thread...curious to know what others have done( but secretly feel good I'm not the only one with this sickness that truly is hard to explain). We all take different routes, use different parts but in the end, we all end up in a similar place....
Old 02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
Wink 930 Mods Addiction

Stage I mods 100% curable in most cases symptoms: starts out just looking for a little increase in performance.

Stage 2 mods 50% curable. symptoms: not just adding stuff, you start removing parts that you think you no longer need and you reason it will be lighter, faster. R&D is no longer an option. Only curable if all OEM parts are kept for the restoration process which can be painful. Credit card max, job loss can also slow the progression or help slow dependency.

Stage 3 mods cure rate less than 10% symptoms : increased parts selling, car becomes a shell of its former self at this point , maybe loosing interest in that other project, or can no longer drive the 930 because you can't remember when or if you finished your last mod. Also Mod recognition becomes difficult.

Stage 4 mods addiction there is no cure symptoms: getting to DE's can be dangerous without a trailer and tow vehicle. Its a special fuel needs car now, high octane increases that need for more power, got headers but your cold in the winter, hot flashes in the summer because A/C was gone long ago just to get weight off that big ass. And now your down to your last seat. The addiction can progress slowly now with multiple DE weekends for several years or completely spiral out of control and last a year or two at best club racing.

Listing your mods may not be for everyone : In some cases 930 owners have experienced anxiety,depression and hobby loss. And in some cases selling on craigslist, samba or evilbay. Should you experience any of these symptoms seek public transportation help as soon as possible.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Black & Tan 1982 ROW 930 Original owner was pal of my Dad who opted for Germany delivery. He had some fun before shipping to L.A. early 1983 for minimum DOT changes. Dad bought in 1987, I bought in 94' with 38k miles and $$ from selling my 1979 911SC Targa. Things got stupid fast as the track bug bit. Retained and stored all OEM parts & complete interior...

Engine - original 3.3 with:
- SC 330 Cams (SC Sport)
- ARP Rod Bolts and Head Studs.
- K27HFS Turbo
- Kokeln Intercooler
- Tial Wastegate with .7bar spring
- Schnell no-heat headers
- Zork dump pipe
- Powerflow air intake
- IA CIS Fuel head mod
- Modified WUR
- WEVO Semi Solid motor mounts.

Cooling:
- RF - B&B fender mount w/fan
- LF Fluidyne with both coolers ducted for airflow
- 3 ducted rear quarter windows feeding cool air into engine compartment.

Transmission - original 930 4-speed with:
- Andial short 8:39 R&P
- Guard Transmission 50/80 LSD
- Sachs Lightweight clutch
- Porsche Motorsports steel racing synchros
- Wevo Shifter & coupler

Suspension:
- Sanders Hollow torsion bars - 23mm Front / 31mm rears with 200lb coil over helpers (slight pre-load)
- Poly Bronze Bushings
- JRZ Double Adjustable's with raised spindles de-cambered -1 degree
- TRG solid upper clevis mounts for rear shocks
- TRG F/R sways
- TRG monoball strut tops and brace
- TRG rear control arm monoballs
- ERP Bump Steer kit

Brakes:
- TRG 993TT Big Reds package with 13" front, 12" rear rotors.
- Padgid Yellows front / Padgid Blacks rear. Front bias turned out with pads
- AJ front brake Ducts.

Exterior:
- 1993/4 964 3.8 RSR body kit from TRG
- Fikse FM5's - 9.5x17 F / 11x17 R with 275/40 & 315/35 Hoosier R6s
- Getty Design FRP front hood with air vent delete (less drag)
- Lexan flush mount rear window and ducted rear quarters.

Interior:
- Sparco Evo seats & 5 point harness's
- Kirk Racing 4 point Roll Bar
- RS Door Panels
- interior stripped of rear seats, sound pad, stereo, center console and fitted with RS Carpet kit
- 935 boost gauge
- Andial Intercooler temp gauge
- Oddesy lite weight racing battery relocated to smugglers box
- Innovate LC-1 wideband AFR with XD-16 gauge.

2500lbs @ half a tank - 385rwhp/398rwtq

Track pal in his 05' GT3 chasing me

930 chasing 05' GT3

03 Boxster S, GP White
73 De Tomaso Pantera, Grabber Blue
Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: