Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ronnie the most fun place I ever lived was Dallas, Texas in 1996. Worked for a photographer in highland park village, had two hot girlfriends at the same time, and it snowed on thanksgiving.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Banned

Nice pictures, Cole (even thought you are tired of the snow). And I always enjoy seeing the various pictures of you car!

I absolutely love the cold - I have lived in the Dallas Texas area for over 20 years now, but lived in South Dakota and Nebraska as a kid. Over the course of the past 7-8 years or so, I have grown to despise the Texas heat and humidity and have reached the point that I am ready to leave everything in order to get away from it. May I move in with you and your wife? Ha ha, but seriously, I do not plan to live in the south for too much longer. Why live somewhere that you are miserable. right?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Ronnie the most fun place I ever lived was Dallas, Texas in 1996. Worked for a photographer in highland park village, had two hot girlfriends at the same time, and it snowed on thanksgiving.
Hi Jim, I used to think it was fun here, but now I am so sick of the climate that I really don't enjoy myself here for more than about two months each year! Obviously, you are no stranger to oppressive heat and humidity living in Florida.

Highland Park is a very "high end" part of town! I remember the Thanksgiving snow - was visiting my parents in Ft. Worth and didn't want to have to stay over so was hoping it wouldn't snow too much.

I was living in Denton at the time (went back to college after 3 years working construction for a Dallas company) in 1996. I owned a 914 that was my daily driver at that time, and thought I was hot **** with that thing!. I also got rearended in another 914 I owned on 75/Central Expressway in Downtown Dallas - the car was totaled but I was unhurt. This was at about 2am after leaving a rock-bar and I had a "hot chic" in the car - she was not hurt either. Small world!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 02-13-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Yeah I hate the heat and humidity too... It's not hot now for a month or two so I forget about it for a while. It's 52 right now.
Highland Park was nice.. kinda like Palm Beach here but the people there are more down to earth. I was working for John Haynesworth photography which was up above Chanel back then.
Snowed on thanksgiving in Dallas that year and it was in the 80's around Christmas.
One of my best friends is in Dallas running a tanning salon.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Hi Jim, I used to think it was fun here, but now I am so sick of the climate that I really don't enjoy myself here for more than about two months each year! Obviously, you are no stranger to oppressive heat and humidity living in Florida.

Highland Park is a very "high end" part of town! I remember the Thanksgiving snow - was visiting my parents in Ft. Worth and didn't want to have to stay over so was hoping it wouldn't snow too much.

I was living in Denton at the time (went back to college after 3 years working construction for a Dallas company) in 1996. I owned a 914 that was my daily driver at that time, and thought I was hot **** with that thing!. I also got rearended in another 914 I owned on 75/Central Expressway in Downtown Dallas - the car was totaled but I was unhurt. This was at about 2am after leaving a rock-bar and I had a "hot chic" in the car - she was not hurt either. Small world!
I lived in Mesquite for 10 years so I am with you on the Texas Summer thing. My kids live in Rockwall. I will take the Florida Summers over Texas anytime and as for ice storms....no thanks!! The winter in central Florida is as good as it gets.

I do miss driving my '87 930 north on the Dallas Tollway out of downtown in the mornings. You can catch 100mph if you want while you watch the worlds longest parking lot on the southbound side. It is a concrete canyon so Johny Law has no where to park and collect taxes!

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 02-14-2014, 03:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

My 930 in there somewhere, a layer or two back. Spring cannot get here soon enough. Seriously...

Old 02-14-2014, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: