Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I Lost the Old Sled in the Snow!

The temp this morning was -17 and this s--- has been in my back yard for
the last 45 days.

I'm afraid if I move the Sled out of the garage I'll never find it again.

Great time to peck away at those little nit picking "I'll get it later" things
I have wanted to tidy up on the car.

Stay warm and stay safe !!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 02-12-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Christ-on-a-bike Cole! I thought by the thread title that you'd done a "Spencer" and binned it into the scenery!

Looking at your weather - and grass is always greener, right? - it's an order of magnetude better than what we've got in the UK at the moment...perpetual storms, diagonal waves of water going across the windows, flooding and no sign of a let-up, haha! Been like it for months now. Roll on spring.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 02-12-2014, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
dude WTF Cole!

that is some seriously NOT FUNNY SHIIT!!!

esp. "these daze"

!!!

I come back to my desk,hit F5 and BAM Cole's LOST HIS CAR!!!!

I nearly fell out of my chair and couldn't click the link fast enough, as my stomach sank.

YOU SUKK, and owe me / us copious bierzezez

yeah... snow... another fukkin 18" forecast here for tomorrow. Fuchme inthe goatass.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-12-2014, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Spenny:

Good to hear from you !!!!

Sounds like your build is going well. getting the Porsche chores done is the only good thing that can be attributed to the weather.

I decided this weather is the Lord's way of testing my resolve. The Sled is done and every time I start it my wife has a fit because
the house smells link the pits at Le Mans. I'm anxiously looking forward to getting the Old Girl out on some dry pavement.
Soon !!!!!!!

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 02-12-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Paul:

Didn't mean to alarm anyone, I plead Cabin Fever Insanity. If the Sled ever goes, we go !!!!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 02-12-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Dammit Cole, you scared the $hit outa me! Here's a hint: GP White is a great camouphlage under certain condtions. What you need to do is get out there with a bamboo pole and start probing around...you'll find her.

As for that glorius "pits de Le Mans" aroma, you oughta smell the fine bouquet that I've got to deal with. I'm gonna bottle and sell it as Eau d' Carnage (never mind my command of the French language).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

You yanks are brave, I dont like to leave the house if falls below 40. Today I am wearing my winter coat, which is a fleece
Old 02-12-2014, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

My heart sank when I read the title to your post thinking the worst...
Continuing on I got a laugh while appreciating your sense of humor. Your yard with the pond and trees and everything looks really nice

It's 80 degree's and sunny with a light breeze right now here in S. Florida and they say the big cold front will get here and chill things off tomorrow night.
Only negative to the winter weather here is the traffic on the roads is nuts this time of year. At the same time the beaches look and smell good with all the bikini hotties laying around.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Gotta say ,I did not think Indiana got that much snow
Old 02-12-2014, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
My heart sank when I read the title to your post thinking the worst...
Continuing on I got a laugh while appreciating your sense of humor. Your yard with the pond and trees and everything looks really nice

It's 80 degree's and sunny with a light breeze right now here in S. Florida and they say the big cold front will get here and chill things off tomorrow night.
Only negative to the winter weather here is the traffic on the roads is nuts this time of year. At the same time the beaches look and smell good with all the bikini hotties laying around.
+1 almost threw up... Glad to hear its the way it is... As for weather. You Florida guys aren't the only ones with a bit of heat, currently 61 and sunny, gearing up to be close to 80 today...
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Gimper !!!!

Good to hear that great sense of humor from you. We are all working hard
to help the Gimper out, then we are going to have a party with a big bond fire.

I can relate to the after fire smell. I had a buddy that had a garage fire and
two of his dogs were in there. Seven years later and you still get a faint smell
of dogs. Really Nasty !!!!!

No bamboo pole needed. My dog loves to piss on the Sleds tires so all I have to do is go out and look for yellow snow.

Oh, a small after thought, you need to change the color of your car in your
signature.

A big Thank You for all the false alarm posts about the title of my post,
I wasn't thinking when I did that but I can't edit it. SORRY !!!

Cole

Last edited by cole930; 02-12-2014 at 01:09 PM..
Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Cole!!! Your title is too misleading!!! That's some beautiful scenery. I feel sorry for your dog, Gracie, having to deal with the freeze when going outside for whatever she has to do!

Too bad we don't live closer...your wife's welcome to come to my place to keep my wife company when I drop by your place smelling like Le Mans and talk about 930's!!

p.s. just a hint...you can contact Wayne or Scott at PP asking them to change your title.

Last edited by MikeD930; 02-12-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Bite me, all you sun worshippers. But today is the first real sunny day we've had for the last 2 1/2months. Supposed to reach 50* today, with strong winds. Our snow remnants will be gone by the weekend.

Here's a shot out my office window, real time.

And one at my retreat last weekend (it snowed an additional 6" that night):

OK, enough the human interest stuff. Time to do what I get paid to do.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
COLE!

Count me in the group that almost lost their lunch. I almost started overturning the sofa cushions looking for quarters.

Glad you got the snow. It mostly missed Pittsburgh. It is just cold here. I think we warm up to freezing tomorrow.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

I just read the thread title and yelled out, WTF!!!!!!! Stay warm and keep the sled safe for crying out loud...... You ever read The Boy Who Cried Wolf! Cruel cruel cruel.... LoL
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 02-12-2014, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Man, I read the title of this thread and an icy ball immediately formed in the pit of my stomach.
Damm, Cole, don't be doing that to us!
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Bless all your hearts, I'm really feeling bad about the title. I didn't realize how it was going to read until I had posted it. I was insinuating lost in the 6 foot snow drifts.

MY BAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole
Old 02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Well I got a few of the things done I wanted finish up. I have one more little
job but I'm waiting on some factory nickle dime clips. Start cleaning things up tomorrow then I can get the seats back in.

Cole
Old 02-12-2014, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

What's that white stuff on the ground? We had a lot of rain last week.

14 535i M Sport
Old 02-12-2014, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

hey Cole.

when I saw the title I knew it was you, and suspected you just could not wait and got the old sled out and stuffed it into a snow bank.

even if you did, I suspect the LeManns tail would be visible.

I tried to send a couple emails but they get rejected.

shifted all my time to finishing the 951 for the first DE at MidOhio first weekend in April.

until then, my 930 will have to wait.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: