Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
8 pin cdi values

ive been told i was selling mine for too much money so i took a hundred off the price but its nowhere as expensive as the ones onEbay.

what is the REAL value on these thoughts?

if value is say $700 how did you come to this? is it by recent sales? cos the ones on ebay are selling for up to $2000 , the one in Sweden sold yesterday for $1500 plus freight i was watching it.

Porsche 930 Ignition Control Unit 0227300003 935 Turbo Carrera RS Make Offer | eBay
Old 02-14-2014, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
It should be a couple hundred dollars tops, unless its brand new or recently overhauled. Most of these parts are nearly 30 years old, why should anyone pay top dollar for a part that may well fail?

The whole issue of pricing for these cars is ridiculous, they are way over priced and the premium for second hand parts demand is also silly. We have companies that demand 50% of Porsche new parts for very old parts which have not even been refurbished.

I know its all about supply and demand but.
The main issue is Porsche not reducing their prices of new parts for classis cars.

My two pennies for what its worth.

TIM
Old 02-15-2014, 01:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
So outside of Pelican there is possibly nowhere else that has a large market of sh parts
Its amazing i have to look overseas to buy simple items,

eg: i found a roof locally for $2500 but if i was in the states i can pick one up for $500
but then i have to pay $2000 for delivery!

Sux
Old 02-15-2014, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Robby, you seem to be in a rush to sell a couple parts lately. Agree these are not totally common (3.0 turbo intake system, CDI etc) but at the same time, there are not a huge number of buyers lined up needing 3.0 turbo intake systems or CDIs. Intake systems are not a consumable, and are really only needed for a restoration if a motor is missing or the intake got removed in place of some other intake manifold (like you're doing now). Broken CDIs can be repaired from what I've read, couple pelican members offer the service, negating the need for owners to buy a spare.

Your pricing is likely not out of line, but perhaps be patient and renew advertising every few months. If you do want to divest of the parts in a hurry, expect a haircut, possibly a big one in order to entice someone to pick up your parts as spares.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
Robby, you seem to be in a rush to sell a couple parts lately. Agree these are not totally common (3.0 turbo intake system, CDI etc) but at the same time, there are not a huge number of buyers lined up needing 3.0 turbo intake systems or CDIs. Intake systems are not a consumable, and are really only needed for a restoration if a motor is missing or the intake got removed in place of some other intake manifold (like you're doing now). Broken CDIs can be repaired from what I've read, couple pelican members offer the service, negating the need for owners to buy a spare.

Your pricing is likely not out of line, but perhaps be patient and renew advertising every few months. If you do want to divest of the parts in a hurry, expect a haircut, possibly a big one in order to entice someone to pick up your parts as spares.
Yes i agree and good to hear my pricing is not too high, hard to judge sometimes as not much around to compare to.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: