Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help with twin plug

I'm the proud new owner of a 1977 911. The 2.7 liter has been taken out and in its place it now how has a a 3.0 that has been rebuilt to 3.2 twin plug with higher compression and pistons.

It has an electromotive twin plug set up in it now, I was possibly wanting to take it back a distributor twin plug. What distributor do I need to be looking for to do this?

The car is going to be a driver, and I'm going to turn it into a 1974 carrera tribute which is going require that I put a decal on the sides and steel flags on it, the car already has a duck tail and has been lowered in the back. It is going to be a gently done street rod.

I'm stocked about this since it is 77 which is kind of already a transition year.

If you have some steel flag mirrors let me know. Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 05:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

Check with The two excellent sources. They offer the same high quality and function. Just slightly different styling.

Mike at JB Racing, Inc. - Racing Services & Products

or Aaron at

Rennwerks Inc.
Aaron Burnham
3968 Camino Ranchero
Camarillo, CA. 93012

805-240-6931
aaronburnham (at) hotmail (dot) com
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli W View Post
I'm the proud new owner of a 1977 911. The 2.7 liter has been taken out and in its place it now how has a a 3.0 that has been rebuilt to 3.2 twin plug with higher compression and pistons.

It has an electromotive twin plug set up in it now, I was possibly wanting to take it back a distributor twin plug. What distributor do I need to be looking for to do this?

The car is going to be a driver, and I'm going to turn it into a 1974 carrera tribute which is going require that I put a decal on the sides and steel flags on it, the car already has a duck tail and has been lowered in the back. It is going to be a gently done street rod.

I'm stocked about this since it is 77 which is kind of already a transition year.

If you have some steel flag mirrors let me know. Thanks
Just curious why would you go back to a distributor. Is is for originality. I have the electromotive system in my car and works great and gives you a lot more flexibility with adjustment.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Patrick Motorsports does a single cap twin plug distributor. It uses the black Marelli cap. It is a VR distributor, so you could use a Bosch 6-pin. That and some braided Beru wires should give you the RSR look.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I was going to do it more for originality. But I'm new to the twin plug world.

So J Brown you have electromotive is a pretty good system to stay with?

I'm fine with just doing my little exterior 74 carrera touches and leaving it at that.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: