Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
D&W MOMO steering wheel

My car has this steering wheel but I like to go stock. I've googled a bit to find any more info on this steering wheel without any luck.
Someone told me a few years ago that it was very rare.
So I'm about to sell this steering wheel but not shore what to ask for?

Old 02-23-2014, 01:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That's a nice looking wheel. Did a quick search myself - there have been quite a few of them for sale across the world, mostly in Europe and there's one on eBay right now in Lituania. But none of them look exactly like yours with the particular red stripe on the bottom spoke and what appears to be a slightly smaller center section. D&W V36 seems to be the model number. People probably had a choice of color combination when ordering.

I bet you could get $300 for it pretty easily, or maybe I'm just dreaming (for you) of hitting the big one. Might increase the value if it had the center Porsche emblem, but I kinda like it without the emblem (as though we need an emblem staring us in the face while sitting behind wheel of a.....Porsche.....duh!).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-23-2014, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
holycrap dude - really? Swap THAT out for... the stocker?

hope it's the 3spoker stocker and not the Oldsmobuick mono horizontal hub'd ginormous circumference'd / rail thin rim'd unit - blech.

just sayin

personally (not that it matters, buuuut)?

I don't tend to like many other Momo's in our cars beyond the Prototipo or Mod 07... but I REALLY dig that jobber you got there.

I like that it kinda resembles a 930S wheel, and am even OK w/ the stripes - they're kinda neat. You could always re-color those if you wanted to mute that part down a bit or if it clashed w/ your car.

If you still want to sell... IMO I think you can ask significantly more for that. I'd think more like $500... maybe even up to $750 -800 depending how quickly you want it moved. It's in tremendous condition with what appears to be super high quality leather, extremely unique, and very ergonomically / aesthetically appealing.

my useless $0.00002 bitcoins.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-23-2014, 05:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The PO of my 930 put a Momo wheel on my car. I replaced it with stock, and of course this immediately caused a loss of 30 HP.

I'm sure someone here would like to buy your interesting Momo. I sold my wheel to a Pelicanite, and bought a stock wheel from a Pelicanite. I acknowledge that the stock wheel isn't all that good looking, but it's just one of those subtle Porsche quirks I've come to appreciate over the last 20 years. But consider that I swam against the current of popular taste and replaced all the chrome bits with black ones on a new HD Sportster.

SR
86 930

Last edited by S1000RR; 02-23-2014 at 08:24 AM..
Old 02-23-2014, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Damn. That red stripe would look good with my lobster interior

70 914-6 2.5L short stroker
07 Carrera C2S
04 Cayenne S
Old 02-23-2014, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

That's a very nice wheel! From the looks of it, you may be using a Momo hub for the wheel. Pulling the center pad might give you a little more info on the wheel as manufacturers stamp info on the wheel spokes or the underside. If you pull the cover and you see the wheel is secured to the hub by three bolts, it is probably an Ital Volante or an Atiwe.
14 535i M Sport
Old 02-23-2014, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post

hope it's the 3spoker stocker and not the Oldsmobuick mono horizontal hub'd ginormous circumference'd / rail thin rim'd unit - blech.

just sayin

personally (not that it matters, buuuut)?

my useless $0.00002 bitcoins.
Ha ha - so true , Paulito! The stocker you are referring to was, I am certain, a joke made by the designer of that wheel - a joke he never intended the bean counters to take as serious, and then use, for over a decade! Nothing else could explain why such an abomination was used in a "sports" car! I made some disparaging comments about that steering wheel in a thread of mine in the 911 forum (asked some questions about it before I sold it on eBay for $280) and someone said he liked its "simple elegance" . . . right, about as elegant as a nicely coiled dog turd!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I have the front cover off, have some pictures of the numbers stamped on the back.
Not sure if it's worth that much but indeed if feels very nice to drive with. the leather feels very thin and sticky.

LEDERLENKRAD MOMO TYP D36 KBA 70101 VW Golf 2+3, Cabrio, Corrado, Polo, Scirocc | eBay

Last edited by klefroid; 02-23-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 02-23-2014, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
Someone told me a few years ago that it was very rare.
So I'm about to sell this steering wheel but not shore what to ask for?
Hmmm, not sure "rare" would be the word but unusual for sure. D&W was a German tuning and parts haus back in the late 70's thru early to mid 90's. They sold all kinds of parts for everything from Opel, thru Capri, and Porsche. I think I may even still have one of their catalogs buried somewhere. These wheels were made by Momo for D&W and never sold here in the states.

GLWTS
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Hmmm, not sure "rare" would be the word but unusual for sure. D&W was a German tuning and parts haus back in the late 70's thru early to mid 90's. They sold all kinds of parts for everything from Opel, thru Capri, and Porsche. I think I may even still have one of their catalogs buried somewhere. These wheels were made by Momo for D&W and never sold here in the states.

GLWTS
They still exist duw-tuner.de - Tuning Shop - sportliches Autozubehör
Old 02-24-2014, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
That's good to hear! I forgot to mention the girls.. always the hot girls to help with your decision on parts!!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 02-24-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Old 02-24-2014, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

LMFAO!!! I think you missed your calling in life!

just sayin
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 02-24-2014, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: