Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mexico-New Boxster S and................... :)

Greetings Guys

Had the bug this weekend and needed to run...I was being stalked by a new black Boxster-S with its top down/with windscreen...Saw him approx. 30-40 yards back and started to make a run on my left--wanted to do a fast drive by--I was in 3rd-915--50-55mph--I could see him gaining momentum....I like to be in apporx--60mph in 3rd... Once he came even or maybe 5feet in front.. I pulled immediately and reeled him in quite easily...We played again 2more times.. I had a passenger.. Boxster was solo.. Driver was in a bit shock.. After all said and done--got a wave and thumps up..

2nd. run--GTR--(sounded stock exhaust)came up--had a passenger--just cruzin and stalking me also.. GTR-on my left..just sizing each other up.. ALL CLEAR IN FRONT---I know whats next.
Was in 3rd gear at--55mph-60mph--or so--I need to be in this powerband.. We both were side by side-- even start--preety much even--I was pulling at the end of my 3rd going into 4th...The olny thing there was a nice long right hander ...GTR-Now has my full attention-2more runs--stayed in 3rd---at 50mph--or so--not good ..Both got on it -give or take same time--does pull at least 15-20feet..Too much boost lag for me.. I don't want to be in 2nd--might brake trans. and difficult--to shift-(short-shift) not fast enough to go into 3rd--(might screw it up) go into 1st)..blah--blah-- Hard to get another run/no room in front--60 yards or so to play with--not enough--All done with minimal speed
Last run-in 3rd in my powerband pulled on him--all of 3rd--GTR-shut it down.. didn't continue...Gave drive bye-wave...

Last edited by wjfk32; 02-24-2014 at 06:51 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Jiu Jitsu Grappler

Garage
Nice....I took mine out too yesterday for the first time in a few months "Mexico of course" Brand new Cayman S zips by me and takes the onramp onto the freeway. I catch up and were side by side, I'm in 4th we both hit it, kinda evenish (no room, I couldnt let it boost all the way) So at this point he's probably thinking my 35 year old P-car is no match for his 2014 S. He takes the far left lane and takes off probably about 90. It only takes a few seconds and I'm on him. I'm probably 2 car lengths directly behind him just waiting for an opening. Finally no traffic, he moves to the next lane and nails it. I drop down from 5th to 4th hammer it. I pass him so fast I think I put 6 or seven car lengths on him, but the funnest part was the look on his face when he heard full boost with an open wastegate right next to him. Damn I love that sound! Its such an aggressive sound its intimidating. Poor little Cayman S.

1976 Turbo Coupe 3.2
2009 Carerra S (997.2)
Old 02-24-2014, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

^^^^^^^
I concur ...No problem leaving the BXTR-way-back. The reaction look-(sticker shock) But the smile and wave-I got was a nice congrats I think there will be a trade in Monday morning.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Back to that GTR-
Those are quick. I have three cars that have kept up with my car or left it and that was one. It walked my car. On a standing start it would annihilate my little Pcar! Actually most cars would leave me at the starting line but once under way things always change quickly. I just can't/won't drag race, too hard on my gearbox.
Cool story btw.
Mexico is cool.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Walt, every time you visit Mexico you seem to be a magnet for attracting the competition. I always enjoy hearing about your conquests.

Where I live, we've got a pretty good contingent of Hispanics, more in some cities than other, so I wonder if I could call this "Little Mexico" and take advantage of it?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Brando & Mark

1ST encounter with a GTR--(seen enough videos and on the road..blah-blah) My take-Lightning shifts--no joke-endless power--no hiccups..(technology is great)Have to know your car and yourself (confidence)--...Wouldn't dare 1st or 2nd gear..-..3RD I have a chance depending if the driver has mods... 3rd-gear-and 60MPH is key...Below that, forget it... I know this guy said...wtf.. Plus our cars sound better going past the passengers door..

I don't know why I attract attention--my car looks ok-not hot looking and widebody like your badboys---In MEX-I just go out for cruze in nowheres land...AND bogies pop up...They must hear the exhaust or something or flames--rear...don't know...

Next thing I know.--.side by side== they turn their head and nod at me...AND I NOD BACK..... Doesn't last long.... 99% of the time this 30yr old- Car walks them...They come back for more--(disbelief)..then--we then dance again-- then another dance---and its over---always a smile-wave on both ends.. All these drivers I encounter have $$$$$$--- no Hondas--integras--blah-blah--not interested....

Last edited by wjfk32; 02-24-2014 at 10:26 AM..
Old 02-24-2014, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Walked a new stingray today. At least till redline in fifth.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: