Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wayah Road Warrior

Hobie .... do NOT miss this event. Looks to become epic in the history of PP mythology.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
I know I've been busy, but didn't realize how busy until I saw this tread for the first time today. I know I'm not a prolific poster, but I've been looking forward to another one of these. This is the weekend before my vacation, but I'll try like hell to get there. Have yet to put the car on a track, so that might have to wait.

edit: just checked the calendar and this is the weekend my vacation starts. The only week all summer that is booked right now. If anyone is coming though Pittsburgh Thursday, I'll pick up lunch/dinner. This pisses me off. Wonder if the family minds if I fly out a day later?

Last edited by Aggie93; 04-08-2014 at 09:40 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Rick-

Jah mon... there's the spirit! Heck I've driven CT --> Daytona for schpring break and CT --> Disney I think 2x? >>>queue Waterboy's UCANDOIT redneck<<<

Aschen-

Wow, that's a bummer! As is clearly demonstrated here day in / out, the 930ilk are quite the amazing bunch of dewdz... and meeting our Fellow Comrades is always decidedly a rewarding and amusing experience. Goooooooooood tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimes, Just Not Right typically even.

Pics like this @ VIR paddock for an Octurbofest drive that home:

(not pictured is about 8 of the 11 of those there lined up atop the viewing balcony before Start/Finish mooning the remainder of the group from above as they streamed by WOT - classssssssic)

Aggie-

Ah, d'oh! I know that feeling, it's a challenge and a bummer fersuredly.

ALAS!

I've left TWO family vacations over the years for this exact event - muwaHA!

Fam pitched me @ Tampa airport after finishing yet anothhhher Disney (crykie) trip then flew home w/o me. Then they pitched me @ the NH airport 1wk into our 2wks @ the beach and I played hookie w/ the boyz for a few daze and re-joined them again.

"Yes, honey... I need to go hang out w/ my intarwebz friendz again"

Nike.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Come on boys, I know it's a few months out but I hope we can do better than 2 commits for the track!!! I can't think of a better venue for a first timer, too. Smooth, wide, good runoff, no adolescent squids, and on-track instruction. Honestly, the value is commensurate to the price.

It's probably the statistically safest element of the proposed weekend, lol.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
If we were flying in somewhere and staying there I could swing it, but we are doing the tour around the grand canyon and won't be in the same spot for more than two nights. Flying in a couple days later would gum up the plans pretty good. I think everything is already sold out so hotel reservations are impossible to change.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Work in Progress

Garage
Hey Guys,

Count me in for the activities around Jacob's farmhouse in PA. With a newborn and a 2 year old at home I don't think I'll be able to make it up to Monticello Motorsports Club. My parents have a farmhouse close to Jacob's place & I live in the Philadelphia area. If there is anything I can help with locally please let me know.

I'm new to the forced induction world, but my car was at the last one.

Rich
'87 930
Old 04-09-2014, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Sounds like a fun weekend but unfortunately I'm schedule to work that weekend. I'm trying to take at least one day off that weekend...hopefully we can meet up.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Oh ya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie911 View Post
This all sounds so cool. I would be coming from Daytona Beach Fla. long hall, i grew up in the NE and miss that summer weather, I have never tracked a car, would it be crazy to start here?
I just dropped this on the miss, still trying to read her.
DUDE ! I would be coming from Tallahassee we could meet and drive up together...
as far as track time count me in , trying to setup car for DE right now . New motor new suspension What a test facility for me to try out the limits. Can I ship in some extra tires and wheels ?

Can't believe this is the first time I have seen this post..
Hope I made it clear "YES TRACK TIME"

Kozmo
Old 04-12-2014, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
You should make this a "sticky" tread...

I read must of posts but still confused on the itenary.....I will come from the Midwest area, is this in NY or PA, is there a sign up sheet or any costs? My car is not fully stable still under construction but wonder about needing help if it dies....

The guy that wrote the first tread, that's a funny read....
Old 04-13-2014, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
P20 can be boring, just mostly new cars sitting around....but it's for a very good cause...
Old 04-13-2014, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
GREAT to see this gaining some traction here!

WOW Kozmo... FL... impressive!

For the unfamiliar, these events are centered around driving. While there is no formal plan as of yet, the rough idea would be something like this:

- Thurs evening... reconnoiter somewhere central to others near you that are going and aim to caravan to Jake's place in PA (~ 3/4 the way north of Philly to Allentown https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl). Ex:... for me, that'd mean meeting up w/ the New England & NY & NJ contingency somewhere in NJ like Joisey Shiiitty and bombing the rest of the way in together
- dinner and bierz together 'somewhere' (if Pete has anything to do w/ planning I am cerrrrrrrtain a particularly popular / infamous 'establishment' that's 30min due south of Jake's will be on ze menu)... and/or maybe that karting outing Jacob suggested
- Fri... driving day... Jake / others to plot out an appropriate 'run' for us to spend the day looping throughout the scenic hills of PA vicinity, then maybe on to the skeet/trap thing Jacob mentioned
- Sat... DE @ Monticello Motor Club... as noted, @ $500 / halfday, this ain't the most economical trackday you'll do but the facility / track is FANTASTIC (4.1mi!) and the opps to run here are quite limited
- Sat night... Just Not Right time in and around Jake's place... braceyerselfs (again, esp if Pete has any say)... or just circle up around a fire and tell a tall tale over a bier or 7, bust bauls, etc.
- Sun... depart

ah, found the shot of the post-moon giggles from the VIR straight:

parting shot:

I've had the good fortune to meet dozens of you bastids over the years here, and the good times and great laughs are indescribable. Getting to put faces to the names / characters we interact with day in day out here is just awesome... all the folks I've met are simply the coolest folks you can imagine.

WELL WORTH THE TRIP!!! From where ever you may hail!

Tick frickin TOCK, gentz... good times cometh...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 04-23-2014, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
I,m In On This

Will be joining this road show. As for the track-day @ 5+ for half day I will head to track but that's a flat out rip off so I will just hang. The track is great but since Seinfeld bought it & made it his private snob with a car hangout I find it ludicrous to support it in any way financially.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
beancounter

Ummm, Alex...I am a member at MMC, which is why we can go there. Seinfeld didn't buy the club, and it was designed and conceived as a private member's only facility from day one.

Re: the "private snob with a car" comment, I've got to ask whether you speak from any personal experience? I've met only bona-fide car nuts, and talented drivers/racers at the club. Never even the slightest bit of snobbery, ever. Varying levels of wealth for sure (some guys play with Crawford Daytona Prototypes, or priceless vintage racing Ferraris, others play with spec Miatas which are cheaper than your 930). The reality is that if you can afford a toy car like a Porsche 930, you can afford to be a member of the Monticello Motor Club.

Its not free to 'hang' either - $50 bucks (includes lunch, which is always excellent - the Chef is a pro, and probably we can arrange for guests do some parade laps around the track). So if you feel strongly about not supporting it in any way financially, I am afraid you'll have to sit this part of the weekend out.

Of course I hope you choose to join us as I am positive it will be a good time. I also hope you realize that one of your hosts (me) is a "private snob with a car" guy I'm open minded, are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm930 View Post
Will be joining this road show. As for the track-day @ 5+ for half day I will head to track but that's a flat out rip off so I will just hang. The track is great but since Seinfeld bought it & made it his private snob with a car hangout I find it ludicrous to support it in any way financially.

Last edited by jwasbury; 04-23-2014 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Jacob, certainly no offense intended with the snob comment my apologies are in order. It was never intended as a blanket statement for any or all members. I was informed that Seinfeld had acquired the place, as you are a member you would know better than I.
Never had a problem with 50$ for a lunch, however at 125K for a Gold +11900 for annual dues that price point is a tad above my pay grade. Don't get me wrong if I hit the Lotto I'd be full speed on board, however such has not been the case.
So in closing, I hope my apology is well received & I remain "Open minded."
Peace out, Gas on!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Ok, Engine still on the ground with a lot of work in front of me but I'm committing to be there, it DOES sound epic!
I know cabs are banned from racing due to the overwhelming advantages so I will not be able to race at Jerry's but Im really looking forward to the drives and the whole faces to names thing.

Matt
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexm930 View Post
Peace out, Gas on!
^right on man! that's the spirit. Just FYI, there are MMC membership opportunities with an initiation fee that is equal to or below what most of us have paid to acquire our classic turbo p-cars. I'm not saying its cheap - it isn't. If you had told me when I bought my 930 that 5 years later it would lead me to membership in this place, I'd have laughed in your face. Never say never

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachme View Post
I know cabs are banned from racing due to the overwhelming advantages
^ Dude...that's some funny $hit right there! Looking forward to meeting you
Old 04-23-2014, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
For the unfamiliar, these events are centered around driving. While there is no formal plan as of yet, the rough idea would be something like this:

- Thurs evening... reconnoiter somewhere central to others near you that are going and aim to caravan to Jake's place in PA (~ 3/4 the way north of Philly to Allentown https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl). Ex:... for me, that'd mean meeting up w/ the New England & NY & NJ contingency somewhere in NJ like Joisey Shiiitty and bombing the rest of the way in together
- dinner and bierz together 'somewhere' (if Pete has anything to do w/ planning I am cerrrrrrrtain a particularly popular / infamous 'establishment' that's 30min due south of Jake's will be on ze menu)... and/or maybe that karting outing Jacob suggested
- Fri... driving day... Jake / others to plot out an appropriate 'run' for us to spend the day looping throughout the scenic hills of PA vicinity, then maybe on to the skeet/trap thing Jacob mentioned
- Sat... DE @ Monticello Motor Club... as noted, @ $500 / halfday, this ain't the most economical trackday you'll do but the facility / track is FANTASTIC (4.1mi!) and the opps to run here are quite limited
- Sat night... Just Not Right time in and around Jake's place... braceyerselfs (again, esp if Pete has any say)... or just circle up around a fire and tell a tall tale over a bier or 7, bust bauls, etc.
- Sun... depart
HA...a plan! I'm OCD enough to not function well without a plan.

If all goes well and Project Phoenix lands in my hands, I'm gonna have to beg a ride from someone so I don't have to deal with renting a Chevvy...especially if I talk myself into the 4 day drive back home. My problem is that it'll take all damn day long to fly out there and I don't think I land until 6:30 or 7pm on whatever day. Was thinking of popping in Thursday evening - landing somewhere on the East coast - (PA, NJ, or?) find some flea bag motel to crash in, and thumb a ride mit one of youze down to Jacob's PA place Friday. That's one way to do it anyway.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
^ Dude...that's some funny $hit right there! Looking forward to meeting you[/QUOTE]

+1 to that

Kozmo
Old 04-23-2014, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
My problem is that it'll take all damn day long to fly out there and I don't think I land until 6:30 or 7pm on whatever day. Was thinking of popping in Thursday evening - landing somewhere on the East coast - (PA, NJ, or?) find some flea bag motel to crash in, and thumb a ride mit one of youze down to Jacob's PA place Friday.
Doodimus:

I could delay my Thurs departure and instead work a shade later instead of leaving somewhat earlier, turn left 7mi and pick you up @ BDL here and you could ride Biitch to the JS (Joisey Shiity, TMpending) rendezvous.

OR

you could fly into ??? NJ / PA ??? and I and the rest 'o the 930'ovan could easily shag you there

noooo proooooblom monnnn!!!!!

we gotchya, muuffuukkaahh...

sleep on the plane - yer gonna need it

Old 04-24-2014, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
M&Mujjri
Old 04-25-2014, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: