Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
turboPALOOZA 2014: Special Stages PA / NY - July 24-27

Over the course of any given week, I'm often thumbing thru my many pictures of my many amazing exploits over many turboPALOOZAs over the years. Just Not Right.

Seeing them and talking about them with Jacob had us jonesin to scratch that itch - it's been toooooo loooooong, see.

Soooo, we proudly present to you: ***turboPALOOZA 2014!!!***

This is being planned by Jake & I as a joint effort with the Godfather of turboPALOOZA'ing hisself... Petey Wheat Koch.

Better yet... this is being planned in conjunction with Mark Hougton's Phoenix Rising, and his re-unite'ation with his "neu" GPW '87 930 we've sourced for him.

We figured... what good is a valiant effort amongst petrolhead enthusinuts without being able to see his face live in person as Jake hands over the keys and grants Mark official ownership?

What good is all this without getting to hoist a bier or 5 together with the gent, finally getting to put a face to the man / myth / legend?

What good would all that be without our getting to thoroughly mock him and bust on him all weekend (<----most important? I s'pose we can forego the dunktank.)???

So, Mr. Mark is flying out, par-taayyy'ing w/ us all, all weakend, and bombing that shiit back home to WA. Insured this time, butofcourse.

Now... Jakester being the Mild Mannered CPA pencilpushingeek by day... happens to be Uberballar Monticello Motorsports Club MEMBER by night. He's arranging for a DE for us there that weekend.

Rough preliminary details per Jacob:

"MMC can accommodate us weekend July 25-27 timeframe. At a minimum, we can come in at midday before lunch, enjoy lunch in the clubhouse and parade laps during lunch break at $50 per head. Anyone who wants to be a "baller" can drop $500 and can drive their car on track for the afternoon with a pro sitting right seat. Or if they want to drop $1,100, that will buy them an MMC rental car for track use plus the pro instructor. A half day at MMC is still probably 2 hours of solid tracktime. With a pro instructor for 500 quid ain't a bad deal. I would just need to give them a head count of who wants to drive the half day about a week to 10 days in advance so they could arrange to have the right number of pro instructors on hand. Non-drivers could hang out...drink at the clubhouse bar. Etc."

So... that said... gentlemen... braceyerselves. While prolly far for you poorbastid FL/TX'ers (no comment on youseses on the Wrong Coast - sowwwy!)... this locale was decided upon as... Jake's ohso graciously agreed to host us @ his Batcave PA Vacation Getaway Farmhouse Extravaganzadanza. Jake will string together a few daze of delectable switchback routes throughout the hills of PA & NY, and we'll get in some good drive time, track time, hang time, and bier time!

GOOD TIMEZ COMETH!

This locale will prove excellent access from points Northeast (New England / NY / NJ), North (MI / IL / IN / OH), and Southeast (MD / VA / WV / NC / TN / KY). There's a fukkload of 930 owners smatthered throughout that vincinity.

Stay toned all, further details to unfold and be provided as they occur. Start chiming in if yer IN bishes!!!

Some pics for your motivation (no good post has no pics):

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 03-02-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Very subscribed. Jacob, Paul... this is inspired.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Sounds like a blast. I have a "new" 85 that needs a run. Hope to be "home" in Maryland on those dates.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Sound's great! Can't wait sounds like a awesome time. So ladies pull up your pants and lets get it on!!!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Yeeowww...it's so tempting for me to plan for this! It's +2000 mile round trip for me especially with short gearing. I'm gonna have to plan for this and drop by Cole's place on the way home. Is Mark gonna drive his new 930 home to WA? If yes then that's a looong drive!!! Just maybe Mark can drop by Cole's place on the way home like I did when I bought the 930 in NJ and drove it home 5 yrs ago. Anyhow it's long overdue for a turbofest get together!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

WOW, sounds great! As you mention, Paulass, it would be quite a haul from Texass, but I know how devastated you would be (Mark, too) if I was not in attendance.

I'll have to see if I can make this happen.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
I've gone native

Can't wait
Old 03-02-2014, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

I think the most important question we should all ask is if Jacob's vacation house is insured? Jacob??? and is there a place in yankee land to buy fireworks?

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 03-02-2014, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Pennsylvania has lax fireworks laws and lots of places to buy them
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hmm... Sounds like us southeast guys need to have a competing event just to show you noreasters up!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Well, well, well, memories, memories, memories, it is about time... I'm definitely on!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
beancounter

Gentlemen...we're going to have a good time.

Pete - 2nd home is insured, of course. I expect it won't be necessary

One of the 1st things that needs to nailed down is the day we want to visit Monticello Motor Club.

I love this place, and it will be an honor and a pleasure to share it with my turbo bretheren.

I have some loose ideas re: itinerary and activities other than MMC. I suggest the initial gathering point be NYC Jersey City area. Will be easy for anyone who flies in to arrive at Newark. First night we can go indoor karting at this place:
Pole Position Raceway - Indoor go kart racing in high-performance electric karts that is perfect for walk-in racers, birthday parties and corporate events. America's #1 Choice. Experience real racing today!

After MMC, in addition to some road runs, this place isn't far from the "estate" in PA - we could do some shooting: Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays

Base of operations in PA is near Quakertown. I can accomodate some overnight guests, but depending on how many people plan to come, there are hotels in Quakertown...or there are plenty of B&Bs for those of you who are looking for something a bit more romantic (and I am thinking about Paul and Ronnie here...).
Old 03-03-2014, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
or there are plenty of B&Bs for those of you who are looking for something a bit more romantic (and I am thinking about Paul and Ronnie here...).
Oh man, another jokster on the premises, I see. Please have a well deserved (this one wouldn't work on Paul as he would consider it a reward)!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Damn. Same weekend as "Porsche to Ohio" in Granville (near Columbus)

70 914-6 2.5L short stroker
07 Carrera C2S
04 Cayenne S
Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfort View Post
I promise turbopaloozas are much more fun then any other porsche gathering you will attend.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfort View Post
If you want to do some real driving then this turboPalooza is the place to be especially if you're a real 930/911 turbo freak. P2O is okay if there's nothing else going on which ain't true this time!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
I promise turbopaloozas are much more fun then any other porsche gathering you will attend.
noooooooooooooooooooo comment - muwhahahahahahaaaa

JNR

MikeD! Great to hear you might be game to join us again. What's this CRAP about stopping in @ Cole's on your way back HOME???

???

dewd

I don't care if he's OLD... bring that old coot with ya, have him tag along in that white monster of his. Should be able to find it by then.

Miguel! Damn man... noiiiiice! Was hopin you'd say Exactly THAT. Tickles me heart to hear! 'Bout the same miles I did to NC in '09, not terrible.

Here's to hopin BBodart sees the light and does the same - nudge nudge wink wink say no more? (yes, yer ears are ringing B!)

I expected the NY contingency to reply as such - you've done me proud... exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent:

Damn Jake, you're like our frickin Concierge there eh? I'll sleep under ze stars so that opens up a spoonin room for others (coughRonniecough).

Mark may fly in to BDL here and ride biitch with me, and we'll rendezvous in Joisey Shiity again Thurs after werk like last time. I could use the copilot.

Hmmmm...

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 03-03-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Good idea Paul!! We need to get Old Guy to add this boost freak gathering to his bucket list. I think he should be able to find his Old Sled in a month or so when the snow melts. We gotta figure out a way to free him up from 72 hr/wk job. Any ideas???

Last edited by MikeD930; 03-04-2014 at 03:46 AM.. Reason: reworded - previous words did not come out right!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Supercar slayer

Garage
That looks nice, wish there were that many 930's driving around where I live

1987 930 Slantnose Cabriolet, 545 hp, Guards Red- Weekend cruiser
1986 944 Turbo (951), 350+hp, Guards Red- Track car
2005 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab 4x4, stock 282 hp, Silver- Daily driver
Old 03-03-2014, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
I'm open for spoonin with others (coughRonniecough).
Keep dreaming, Paul, but regardless of how nicely you ask me, I will not spoon with you!
Old 03-03-2014, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: