Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Wer bremst verliert

Remember, you could buy a decent car 30 years ago for 8,000. Inflation is a %eatch.

I am also bullish on things, in the US and in the midterm esp in developed EU and Asia.

Just to keep it Technically Porsche Relevant, I am a VW shareholder. My biggest holding.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 03-04-2014, 04:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Man what a good thread, I love good intelligent conversation. As for the market, it is cranking in my eyes. I am as blue color as one could be, with plenty in the market, being a 930 owner I am loving this swing, swing's like this do not happen in a crappy economy.
Just started a project on a 944T that will be a sweat ride for my and my 17 year old son, just hope the swing ends up in the 944 park some day.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rarly. I agree with you that the middle class is being wiped out. I have seen it up close and very personal. I am in year 8 of a new start up, 3rd company, learn a little more each time, approaching 3MM in sales and growing. Consider myself very fortunate. I clean toilets for the most part. In my part of the country, there is crazy money being made by small business owners. A lot of it is energy related, but is does trickle down.

The amount of cash people are sitting on, from small fab shops to farmers and ranchers is amazing. Too sad we cannot get the money back into manufacturing on a large scale. Will save that convo. for PARF.

I first hand watched these cars take off when I was looking for a new turbo. Was not ready to buy, but felt I was going to get priced out and jumped when I found what I was looking for. Was 10-15k over what I wanted to spend. Was happy what I purchased though. Actually, well beyond my expectations. I still wish I could have your touch on it though.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

This may be of interest to some.

Porsche 2.7RS and 930 Turbo compared | Motorcar Investor
Old 03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Sorry but I don't see it. The middle class has been decimated and they are the ones who spend the money that runs the economy.
The stock market has nothing to do with the working class as they do not participate in it.
I do observe an upswing though, just don't know where the money is coming from. It sure is not from middle class spending.
But I digress ...
I understand your position and you are not all wrong either. That said, the working middle class is not driving the prices up for these and other exotic and rare(er) sports cars...it is those with the big wallets that drive and make markets relative to this car stuff.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
as a note: I am not a seller and I must admit that I don't drive my 930 or my other cars enough. shameful to some but I still love them all equally. I love to see the 930 and my 512 boxer finally getting the respect in terms of valuation that I have always thought they deserved. it let's me hold my head just a bit higher at car events and getting invited to better and higher caliber events is fun too.

I say it often...the 930 turbo should be considered one of the most important sports cars of all time...period!!!!!

never a car so feared at the race track...

many a rule was amended so that other racers would not just pack up and go home...

the original widow maker....the list can go on and on...
Old 03-05-2014, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferraripete View Post
I understand your position and you are not all wrong either. That said, the working middle class is not driving the prices up for these and other exotic and rare(er) sports cars...it is those with the big wallets that drive and make markets relative to this car stuff.
^werd!

if you are shaking your head in disbelief at 930 values, just check this out - the most expensive 930 looks a bargain in comparison. Don't know how long this link will work, but here is a completed ebay auction for a '65 911 at $70k - the car is a total rust bucket

Porsche 911 911 | eBay
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: