Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
It's done

The last part of this crazy journey is finally installed!! And after 4 1/2 months this should be a reality this weekend. Base tune is installed for sequential injection, cop's in and wiring 99% complete. Chris at Turbokraft waved his magic wand and took the problem of hot air temps out of the equation. We set it up with dual sensors to see just how well it will perform at big boost numbers. I'll keep you guys posted

Old 03-14-2014, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Tease......
Old 03-14-2014, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Well that looks like how it's supposed to be done, looks great, wish i had EFI. When you run the scavenge pump oil into the crank case breather like that and then have that hardline breather pipe connected to your oil tank how does the crankcase breath? Catch can with breather?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I'm not running scavenge pump that way. Lines are run as factory
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Looking good!

What throttle body are you using?

Is the TurboKraft logo on the intercooler laser etched or machined into the surface. Can you get a plain one?
Old 03-14-2014, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Stock 3.2 tbody. TK lettering I guess is done while in conc machine, but Chris will answer that one
Old 03-14-2014, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Still have the delimna of ducting a 4" intake. Hey if was easy everybody would do it
Old 03-14-2014, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Look at nocarrier's setup. His is pretty slick.

I had a thread recently about finding 4" flexible ducting.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbmwguy View Post
Still have the delimna of ducting a 4" intake. Hey if was easy everybody would do it
This is also something I'd like to do. My GT35R has a 3" housing. but I have it bushed down to the 2.75" OD factory pipe. I was trying to figure out how to squeeze a 3" pipe in the same spot. Philip
87 930 GHL/Rarlyl8/Garretson/GT3582R/1 Bar/Wevo shift, mounts/Meth inj/LM-2/Custom Fuchs/Carrera intake manifold/Xtreme Carrera heads P&P/3.4/DR 993SS cams/ Mahl/Pauter/JE/Niresist/ARP/twin COP/8.25:1/KEP stage 2/twin tials/close 2,3,4th. MS3Pro Evo 500+ HP, BTSOMP Dyno
Old 03-15-2014, 04:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

That last photo makes me wonder at what point is the intercooler too big?
Old 03-15-2014, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
beancounter

Congrats. Nice work Frank. Can you plug the engine in and go for a 'tuning run' down to Miami? Me and my wife are here for the weekend defrosting. Would love to see and ride in that beastie
Old 03-15-2014, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
non-whiner

That looks fantastic, great job!

Where the turbo oil feed line goes through the stainless steel engine mount, you need a grommet or something to protect that line. I had a piece of rubber hose wrapped around a wiring bundle routed the same way. That stainless is hard and sharp! It cut through within 500 miles, I think due to the wire rubbing on the edge. I stuck a grommet in the hole and no problems since.

Can't wait to hear that baby run!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip j View Post
This is also something I'd like to do. My GT35R has a 3" housing. but I have it bushed down to the 2.75" OD factory pipe. I was trying to figure out how to squeeze a 3" pipe in the same spot. Philip
It took a fair bit-o-massaging with a BFH.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
The last part of this crazy journey is finally installed!! And after 4 1/2 months this should be a reality this weekend. Base tune is installed for sequential injection, cop's in and wiring 99% complete. Chris at Turbokraft waved his magic wand and took the problem of hot air temps out of the equation. We set it up with dual sensors to see just how well it will perform at big boost numbers. I'll keep you guys posted
What do you mean by dual sensors? I had a lot of trouble with hot restart heat soak and lean running until I added an exterior ambient temperature sensor that I can switch with the MAT sensor. They are switched between by a relay controlled by MS based on coolant temperature at startup.
I love the COP setup and am jealous of that clean and uncluttered look. What coils are those?
Old 03-15-2014, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Nice...nice...nice...I'm jealous!

I recall seeing that the compressor inlet flange is much bigger than the compressor inlet flange. I see this a lot on big turbos...are they really needed (4" versus 3 or 3 1/2")? I suppose it reduces compressor surge..am I correct? Have you considered using a smaller inlet opening? It will be interesting to see how you route the 4" intake plumbing. Show pics when you're done with the plumbing!
Old 03-15-2014, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Dual sensors being before I/c and after. I will be using the after obviously for my iat input. After start heat soak was cured while running ms 2 was with after start enrichment. Cops are Toyota denso
Old 03-15-2014, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Dual sensors being before I/c and after. I will be using the after obviously for my iat input. After start heat soak was cured while running ms 2 was with after start enrichment. Cops are Toyota denso
Are these smart coils or are you running a separate coil driver setup or direct coil control? Did you make the change to MS3 or different ECU?
Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Ms3. Smart coils.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Ms3. Smart coils.
Which model coil and any modifications necessary? I assume you are running 2 coils per MS3X channel, did you measure the input impedance for the dwell signal?
Sorry to be a pest.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Dwell is simple plug in #s. Still waiting on those from darin . I'm starting car on batch fire wasted spark to get it running then switch to cop and full sequential
Old 03-15-2014, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: