Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
No more duck tape!

So my PS heater ducting that attaches to the shroud then the HE's split (it's plastic) and I had to duct tape it to keep the duct hose on. I wanted to use a metal outlet, but didn't want to destroy a nice one. I happened to have an extra that was wavy and decided to modify it. The ducting had to be modified to clear the oil warning light sending unit.

It also gave me a chance to practice my welding. I tacked it with a mig then stitch welded it. I had some building up of extra material from too much wire feed and wanted to smooth it out. I flowed out the smaller lumps with my tig then smoothed it out. I am happy with it. All in it took me a couple hours media blasting the duct work, cutting and fitting the metal, and then welding. When it stops raining I will etch primer and paint. It could be prettier if I were good at welding, but you don't get to be good without practice right?So here is practice.

At least I don't have to worry about it cracking again.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Saw your post and figured I should run down to the garage and snap a pic for you.

How could a Sun Devil not like to use "Duck" tape every chance he gets?

Old 03-15-2014, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
LOL I think you know the answer to that!

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to say something.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: