Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

WUR fuel line fittings size question

What are the proper size/descriptions of the fittings on these lines from the WUR to the Fuel head? I'm rying to give BoxsterGT the proper sizes for a fabrication in an email.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

If the turbo version uses the same size Banjo as a 911SC, then the fitting size is 8mm and I do have these fittings in stock.

I am happy to help w this.

Len

Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply Len, i was hoping on getting a concrete answer this way we can have them made up longer so i can custom mount my WUR. Haven't had the time to take my old ones off to send you either. 100 percent want to do it as i have figured where i want my Wur to be located.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
i can check tonight.
Im planning to replace it next week anyway, I see a small nick that bothers me (as it should)
I dont think this ones even listed in the PET Katalog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Hose

The original fuel hose you look at the picture you can buy it anywhere?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeos View Post
The original fuel hose you look at the picture you can buy it anywhere?
jeos here are the part numbers for both of those lines, you can buy them at Pelican.

OEM 93011030205
OEM 93011030503
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Metal Guru

Garage
Anther option is to buy the correct size line and Odteiker clamps from Bat Inc and re-use the fittings. I plan to do just that so I can adjust my WUR without straining the crap out of the too-short line.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 03-31-2014, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Anther option is to buy the correct size line and Odteiker clamps from Bat Inc and re-use the fittings.
Yeah that is what i have to do, take off the old lines, but i will send them to BoxsterGT to make them up. Just thought i could get correct size fitting info so i can drive the car and not have to take off the lines for the fittings for him.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage

12 at the fuel head, is this what you want?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2014, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

That's a different line but thanks. I'm just going to take off my old lines and send them to Len. Best way to make sure we get it right.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
FYI, here's what BAT Inc made up for my wur return line. Cost was $21, line material is TFE and it's good to 1000 psi burst strength.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 04-26-2014, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Nice 911nut and thanks for your info. I ended up buying the two WUR lines here used and have sent them to BoxsterGT so no issues on what to make. How did your WUR feed line work out?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

Here are the typical Factory CIS Polyamid fittings as used on the early 911SC & on some flex lines of the 930..............

They are M12 Banjos at the FD with a M12 Female at the Injector. The Banjo Bolt is M8x1.00 thread pitch. Barbs on the tube end are one-way. Once inserted they will not rotate or come apart. If they rotate they have failed. Only way to separate them is with heat, as in melting the plastic. No other way is possible for risk of damage to the actual barb.

The original lines having a rubber sheath are not hose but Polyamid tube with a rubber coating that is no longer available in this size.

The aftermarket lines above in post #11 show a crimp sleeve and a crimp next to the fitting. It may have a unique type of banjo designed for this method of securing the tube. However, trying to clamp the Polyamid tube is not effective, and the barbs are not designed for soft rubber hose & any kind of clamp, even the good Oetiker ones.

Hope this helps.

Len

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 05-15-2014 at 02:50 AM..
Old 04-27-2014, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
How did your WUR feed line work out?
I haven't replaced it yet but when I do I will most likely buy a stock one.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Had some time today so i relocated the WUR with new lines supplied by BoxsterGT.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
I've gone native

Al, that is really nicely done!
C
Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

oilonly-

I am happy to see you received the new longer lines and have them installed.

Please do not think I am being critical. I thought the WUR needed the heat from the engine to maintain correct fuel mix? Perhaps the heating element itself is enough to do this.

Do you have a wide-band O2 sensor that records fuel mix? So you can monitor this.

Just thinking out loud.

Len

Old 05-04-2014, 04:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post

oilonly-

I am happy to see you received the new longer lines and have them installed.

Please do not think I am being critical. I thought the WUR needed the heat from the engine to maintain correct fuel mix? Perhaps the heating element itself is enough to do this.

Do you have a wide-band O2 sensor that records fuel mix? So you can monitor this.

Just thinking out loud.

Len

Yes i have wide-band 02 sensor Len. No change in WUR operation with it installed in it's new location so far. The bracket i have it mounted on is only a first mock up and will be improved. The lines were perfect length. Now next project is to learn how to tune a WUR in this new easily accessible spot.

Quote:
Al, that is really nicely done!
Thanks Chris.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterGT View Post
I thought the WUR needed the heat from the engine to maintain correct fuel mix? Perhaps the heating element itself is enough to do this.
If Oilonly lives in a cold climate and uses his car in low temperatures it will be an issue as he won't get the wur warm enough to get to warm cp. On the other side, the wur won't get heat soaked as much before a warm start so the idle will be better in that condition.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Motor looks clean and WUR mod looks right - nice job.

Are you making your WUR adjustable?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: