Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon930Berlin View Post
The M5 V10 5.0 naturally aspirated '04 F1 layout S85 with the tachometer in a HUD is a crazy fun car. And yes, you can drive it like an elderly person down the boulevard, AND pound it a round a track.
Just keep an eye on those S85 rod bearings.

Last edited by WinRice; 04-09-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon930Berlin View Post
@Robbbbyg: no offense taken by your comment - and the BMW 2002 was the one with the turbo script flipped for rear mirror reading..

i was referring to tt surgeon..
hi np
Yes 2002 Turbo that was the script,!

What really amazes me is that one of the new Porsches has done a sub 7 minutes on the nurburging, and thats crazy because ive done the nurburgring flat out and hit the walls not slowing down and my best was 7:13 ???

I can really appreciate the speed and handling in life
mmmm when i get the next Gran tourismo game for my playstation there will be some faster cars to choose from to beat that record
Old 04-09-2014, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Prrrrreeeettttycool!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Simon I think Chris was referring to his Turbo S not his M5

Chris I think you're referring to your 997 Turbo S not 991 unless I be mistaken

ouch my head hurtz

Robby... not to start an intarnet throwdown but there's zero way your car (or mine) is hitting a 4 and a half sec 60... just sayin'

Simon I agree those e60s are veryequal parts a hoot to hoon / aesthetically painful. That motor 'twas brilliant.

I just sold my e39, another colossal HOONMOBILE (Just Not Right and literally one of the reasons I parted w/it - I cannot be left to mah own feebleness d'oh)... that thing would still be roasting allllllllllllllllll of 3rd had I not lifted. bwaHA! It's motor 'twas also sheer brilliance.

Funny buggie's, ///M5s... my 2nd now. Maybe an F10 someday... but therein lies the problem. It'd verymuch suffer from this verysame "syndrome" of being antiseptic in experience.

I do applaud tho the Turbo's deadnutz realiability - and not gonna lie I was kindasorta left for want when the Turbo S hammerage (pretty damn funny btw) failed to include performance degredation measurement

woulda been cool to see how the perf held after such - I'm betting it was pretty spot-on sadly... impressive!
Yes, referring to my experience in my 2011 997.2tts and the PDK.
I have no experience with BMWs
Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Simon I think Chris was referring to his Turbo S not his M5

Chris I think you're referring to your 997 Turbo S not 991 unless I be mistaken

ouch my head hurtz

Robby... not to start an intarnet throwdown but there's zero way your car (or mine) is hitting a 4 and a half sec 60... just sayin'

Simon I agree those e60s are veryequal parts a hoot to hoon / aesthetically painful. That motor 'twas brilliant.

I just sold my e39, another colossal HOONMOBILE (Just Not Right and literally one of the reasons I parted w/it - I cannot be left to mah own feebleness d'oh)... that thing would still be roasting allllllllllllllllll of 3rd had I not lifted. bwaHA! It's motor 'twas also sheer brilliance.

Funny buggie's, ///M5s... my 2nd now. Maybe an F10 someday... but therein lies the problem. It'd verymuch suffer from this verysame "syndrome" of being antiseptic in experience.

I do applaud tho the Turbo's deadnutz realiability - and not gonna lie I was kindasorta left for want when the Turbo S hammerage (pretty damn funny btw) failed to include performance degredation measurement

woulda been cool to see how the perf held after such - I'm betting it was pretty spot-on sadly... impressive!
Sorry i was exagerrating it does 0-100kph which in Us is 62mph i think?

Currently 4.6 seconds without hammering it

I have no roof, by that i mean i have no side glass rear glass, steel roof, no cab roof frames nothing, zip

I also have no Aircon and lines,
no washer bottle
no sparetyre
no jack
Its a Euro row original 260hp not 238hp like US market
You get the idea

So if a stock Euro can do it in 4.9--- 0-62mph

what is the potential of what ive done to my car if i havent measured the speed and we were just guessing?

If i put in my 1.0 spring in it im sure i could do it faster without pushing i just havent gotten around to it yet, but im still rewiring atm.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Robbbyg, My 930 has managed 3.8sec timed on a g-tec pro to 60mph 1st go. Eastern creek raceway,not too far away from where you live she ran 11.3 @ 127mph,back in 2010. Ive posted the time slip on here under "quarter mile results" I agree the 930 is a fantastic car and even today,with the right mods can run with all the new tec stuff,especially roll on! I have around 440whp on cis and pump gas. Never been dusted by anything yet on the open road. Long live the 930!!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy 930 View Post
Robbbyg, My 930 has managed 3.8sec timed on a g-tec pro to 60mph 1st go. Eastern creek raceway,not too far away from where you live she ran 11.3 @ 127mph,back in 2010. Ive posted the time slip on here under "quarter mile results" I agree the 930 is a fantastic car and even today,with the right mods can run with all the new tec stuff,especially roll on! I have around 440whp on cis and pump gas. Never been dusted by anything yet on the open road. Long live the 930!!
Excellent,
what i like is how for 20 or so years all the 930 models in factory form ran very similar times, and is quicker over rest of the models right up to the nineties, it stops me from getting jealous if i see a newish one on the road cos i know if we had a drag it would be very close
Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: