Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Hey, great time at Hershey!

Finally got to meet some of the Turbo board fellas in person, put a face w/the screen name.

Paul (krasuskyp )& wife, Tim (Tug68), Anthony (Cobalt), Ray (speednme1) & wife who was real trooper in putting up with this madness on her Birthday!

I think Paul and I got the bier going just before noon.. but hey, it was 5:00 somewhere right?

Good meeting you guys and hopefully we'll all get to link-up somewhere again soon!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 04-22-2014 at 06:04 AM..
Old 04-20-2014, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Trooper indeed...her birthday and 3 months pregnant...may be the last swap meet for a while...for her:-)
Old 04-20-2014, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speednme1 View Post
Trooper indeed...her birthday and 3 months pregnant...may be the last swap meet for a while...for her:-)
Ahhh, no wonder she was beaming like a "Rey" of light! Congrats!
RGruppe #180

Last edited by onboost; 04-20-2014 at 12:34 PM..
Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Good to see you this year Paul, missed the cigar you promised while we loaded up. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Weekend Rides corner of the Hershey Swap Meet.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
Ahhh, no wonder she was beaming like a "Ray" of light! Congrats!
Lol...thanks man
Old 04-20-2014, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Rides View Post
Good to see you this year Paul, missed the cigar you promised while we loaded up. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Weekend Rides corner of the Hershey Swap Meet.
Oh yeah.. and Rick, how the hell could I forget Rick?! Good to see ya man!

Quote:
Lol...thanks man
-
RGruppe #180
Old 04-20-2014, 12:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Rey, I wish I would have known you were there it has been too long. My wife held down the fort selling most of the stuff I brought; looks like this was her first and last and she was bummed i would not buy that Karmin Ghia boxster for her.

I had the pleasure of meeting, onboost (Paul) budge96(Bert) also along with many others including vramani. It is always nice to put a face to a name. Great people everyone and I have to admit Paul and Bert were riots, meeting them was the highlight of my day. They have a lot of fun together.

Hope to see more of everyone next year.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
Rey, I wish I would have known you were there it has been too long. My wife held down the fort selling most of the stuff I brought; looks like this was her first and last and she was bummed i would not buy that Karmin Ghia boxster for her.

I had the pleasure of meeting, onboost (Paul) budge96(Bert) also along with many others including vramani. It is always nice to put a face to a name. Great people everyone and I have to admit Paul and Bert were riots, meeting them was the highlight of my day. They have a lot of fun together.

Hope to see more of everyone next year.
I know..it's been a long time. Once I get my car back I'll shoot up for one of the club events. I understand your wife, that Karmin Ghia was PERFECT!

Oh and Paul and Bert are a funny team..great guys..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Not exactly a 930 but a Boxster with real Karmin Ghia panels...flawless inside and out
DAMN I missed that

not gonna lie to ya

I strangely find that to prob be the coolest car there!

verrrry well sexecuted... if that's the sorta look one's lookin to rock

wish I'd caught that

dunno why I left my camera in the truck... I guess I find it sometimes refreshing to break from life thru the lens a bit and just take it all in absorbing it all

Paul's def a character, enjoyed our time tho sorry we had to keep moving - I only ended up sneaking 2.5ish hrs all-in between hotel check-out and drive straight home

July's shaping up to be quite the Gathering of Fewls... love it / lookin forward to spending some quality 930 time witchyouseses. Good times cometh!

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-21-2014, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Hey Tim! Got home mahself here a coupla hours ago. 5hr ride sucked, but smooth and no issues.

Great to meet you today as well! Had a real fun time walking the aisles and bustin on stoopid people's stoopid tastes - ha!

And yeah... you should be afraid, very afraid of sharing any of my skewed perspectives

PAUL! You DO exist!!! After 7yrs I finally put a face to the name! Really great to meet you FINALLY... and thanks much fer the bierferbreakfast... yum.

Rey... thanks for giving me the shoutout, real sorry we had already left. But, I DO hope you will make July even if only for that one day that you can!

Bill W... sorry I dialed your cell into my phone and tried to ring you but I must have missed it by a digit unfortunately. Did you see that cherry Ice Green Turbo Carrera? CHERRY! There was another one @ the polar opposite end of the lot (and in polar opposite condition unfort) in a real cool sahara beige lookin color too.

Kevin... saw yer car in the Concourse area and hung around for a bit (Tim and I were um er uhhh a bit - say - 'distracted' by some Just Not Right jailbait eyecandy so we loitered awhile), but we never saw you. I had tried to retrieve your cell from my PM's prior but couldn't find it. Bummer we couldn't connect, but I really DO hope / trust you WILL be joining us come July - yes!?

I knew things were gonna be kewl Sat when we pulled into the Hilton parking garage Fri night to check in to find this:

Not a Pelican apparently?

Speaking of...

...there are a shiit ton of Not a Pelican 930'ers about certainly... there musta been seemingly a frickin DOZEN Guards Red (er, cough - Indishrot?) 930's there today! Best color, obviously. Was astounding, actually... as nearly all of them were frickin PRISTINE! Saw some real nice ones there today... and well a few fukkin turdz too . Money doesn't buy taste heh heh. But, not cars I recognize from here unfortunately. And a BUNCH of them all from PA, go figure.

Anywho... great meeting youses today, and, VERYMUCH lookin forward to some JNR turboPALOOZA times come July bishes!!!
That is Alex-930. No vacancies near the Porschefest. Headed downtown Harrisburg--just a few miles down the road. Went to Millville, NJ is the home of New Jersey Motorsports Park. on Sunday. Did a track day with his bad-boy. 2 wheels also.

Walt
Old 04-21-2014, 08:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Nice on the Sunday DE Walt, good for you!

Damn, Alex w/ the "unlimited autobahn speedlimit sign" for his avatar? Imported the car here from Germany (I'd thought it was the other way around d'oh)? Would have been cool to meet him. Figures, literally in the same hotel! Weird.

Soon as I saw the tag I knew he was a gamer 8-)...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 04-21-2014, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

^^^^ That is funny Alex drank me under table at those local bars--- I had my one margarita-bowl-glass w/umbrella included.... Alex-put away Jack/coke like race gas on boost. Great time

Your papers plzzz---We have ways making come into ze country.

Walt
Old 04-21-2014, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
I'm a Pleicanite tooooo.

White 930 is a Pelicanite!
Quote:
Hey Tim! Got home mahself here a coupla hours ago. 5hr ride sucked, but smooth and no issues.

Great to meet you today as well! Had a real fun time walking the aisles and bustin on stoopid people's stoopid tastes - ha!

And yeah... you should be afraid, very afraid of sharing any of my skewed perspectives

PAUL! You DO exist!!! After 7yrs I finally put a face to the name! Really great to meet you FINALLY... and thanks much fer the bierferbreakfast... yum.

Rey... thanks for giving me the shoutout, real sorry we had already left. But, I DO hope you will make July even if only for that one day that you can!

Bill W... sorry I dialed your cell into my phone and tried to ring you but I must have missed it by a digit unfortunately. Did you see that cherry Ice Green Turbo Carrera? CHERRY! There was another one @ the polar opposite end of the lot (and in polar opposite condition unfort) in a real cool sahara beige lookin color too.

Kevin... saw yer car in the Concourse area and hung around for a bit (Tim and I were um er uhhh a bit - say - 'distracted' by some Just Not Right jailbait eyecandy so we loitered awhile), but we never saw you. I had tried to retrieve your cell from my PM's prior but couldn't find it. Bummer we couldn't connect, but I really DO hope / trust you WILL be joining us come July - yes!?

I knew things were gonna be kewl Sat when we pulled into the Hilton parking garage Fri night to check in to find this:

Not a Pelican apparently?

Speaking of...

...there are a shiit ton of Not a Pelican 930'ers about certainly... there musta been seemingly a frickin DOZEN Guards Red (er, cough - Indishrot?) 930's there today! Best color, obviously. Was astounding, actually... as nearly all of them were frickin PRISTINE! Saw some real nice ones there today... and well a few fukkin turdz too . Money doesn't buy taste heh heh. But, not cars I recognize from here unfortunately. And a BUNCH of them all from PA, go figure.

Anywho... great meeting youses today, and, VERYMUCH lookin forward to some JNR turboPALOOZA times come July bishes!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Hey Alex-

Sorry about that, didn't mean to imply you weren't I just didn't recognize the car.

Great lookin specimen! Love the tag / stickers 8-).

Hope to meet you sometime... maybe @ July's turboPALOOZA eh???

Old 04-22-2014, 12:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Hey Alex-

Sorry about that, didn't mean to imply you weren't I just didn't recognize the car.

Great lookin specimen! Love the tag / stickers 8-).

Hope to meet you sometime... maybe @ July's turboPALOOZA eh???

I def plan to be at Turbo palooza, see you there. Cheers be well.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: