Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Our 930... ruf... tidbits..

I hope you will all enjoy this little tidbit....

This 1986 Porsche 930 is the exact car that inspired me (as the owner of a performance company) to get involved in automobiles- and then become a professional driver (in ALMS LMP ranks) while starting this business that is now CBRD-

My father owned this exact car in 1988-1990 before it had to be sold- and CBRD just recently purchased it back from the same gentlemen that owned it-

Since it's return we have done a motor out (never had distri/rotor/cap/wires etc done)- refinishing everything from tins, valve covers, etc... and fixing some little leaks (she no longer has a SINGLE leak)- we also did a CIS revamp/tweak- our own muffler system (in conjunction with McNeil comp), our own intake plenum revision, and some other tid bits... along with the RUF wheels, and some other bits---

she just recently belted out 290whp/329 wtq at 12.5 psi on our dyno- with a nice 12.0 down to 11.8 AFR curve--- pretty impressive to us-

Up next are the Headers we have in conjunction with MCN- and some other tidbits- but otherwise trying to keep her in good shape-

We are a full service facility in York PA and have a deep motorsport history (championships with Dyson Racing etc)..

Here are some pics of the 930... I hope you enjoy--- and see anyone at the Hershey Swap Meet this weekend!!

photo before the muffler upgrade

In our climate controlled storage area

Engine Compartment Shot!

A nice pic under a 996 TT we are building custom manifolds/turbo setup/etc on

Old 04-16-2014, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nice car, first time i have seen Ruff wheels with a black field.

Quote:
she just recently belted out 290whp/329 wtq at 12.5 psi on our dyno- with a nice 12.0 down to 11.8 AFR curve--- pretty impressive to us-
Nice stock hp number, are those AFR's with a stock WUR?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I've gone native

That's about 330hp at the crank, not bad!
Super nice car. McNeil is the man! How about one info on the muffler?
C

Last edited by Tt surgeon; 04-16-2014 at 06:45 PM..
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrdchad View Post
(she no longer has a SINGLE leak)
So what's the big deal? Like most other 930s, mine doesn't have a single leak either.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Welcome Chad. Now, how much for a bbk full for the 930 Old evo8 owner speaking.
Great car and history.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
Nice car, first time i have seen Ruff wheels with a black field.

Nice stock hp number, are those AFR's with a stock WUR?

I wouldnt consider them "stock numbers" per se-

again car has-

CBRD/MCN- muffler (catless)
CBRD modified plenum (removed oem by pass cylinder and installed a conventional style- was boost leak tested)
BPR8EIX plugs
played with ign advance and mixtures
adjusted CIS via WUR and pressure relief etc
.9 bar spring

This is a STOCK WUR- we did tweak the system- control pressures etc---- and did so also while checking mixtures on our wideband in conjunction with idle and steady state on our Chassis Dyno...

The ruf wheels look nice in black- prefer them in silver as we look back at them-

cb
Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
That's about 330hp at the crank, not bad!
Super nice car. McNeil is the man! How about one info on the muffler?
C
We will post information on the muffler shortly-

We have known Kenny a long time and he came to us to work with to provide solid feedback and input- and we know he knows his way around these cars- I think our experience on newer platforms (making over 500hp per liter) is helpful in terms of development-

We also have some new Headers from Kenny we will be posting information about-

CBRD will be developing a new intercooler design that looks OEM but performs atleast 50% better than stock too-

cb
Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkowi View Post
So what's the big deal? Like most other 930s, mine doesn't have a single leak either.
LOL!!

It's nice to have it on our white shop floor and not leave a drop- most people think something is wrong with it LOL
Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloTurbo View Post
Welcome Chad. Now, how much for a bbk full for the 930 Old evo8 owner speaking.
Great car and history.
HA! nice to hear from you!

We are looking converting the EXISTING K27 housing into a ball bearing derivative with new aero turbine and billet compressor- there are some nice options- but we pride ourselves on this time of modification- we just finished some completely stock housing Nissan GTR turbos capable of 1000hp without changing so much as coolant or oil lines-

Stay Tuned

cb
Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
I've gone native

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrdchad View Post
We will post information on the muffler shortly-

We have known Kenny a long time and he came to us to work with to provide solid feedback and input- and we know he knows his way around these cars- I think our experience on newer platforms (making over 500hp per liter) is helpful in terms of development-

We also have some new Headers from Kenny we will be posting information about-

CBRD will be developing a new intercooler design that looks OEM but performs atleast 50% better than stock too-

cb
Nice, I know Kenny did the fabspeed stuff, which works well. Can't wait.
Is he planning on any 997tt stuff?
Btw a stock 930 puts down about 245ish whp, so 300 is pretty good.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: