Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question "turbo tie-rod kit" installed in normal 911...any real benefit?

It's been 4 years since putting an 86' 930 engine out back of my 83'SC, and the steering has always felt laser-sharp and communicated what's going on, with no slop, etc. Car has been in CA all it's life, so never exposed to salt/excessive rain to accelerate rubber bushings, etc.

Has any of you installed this kit on a car that had no previous steering issues, and felt this kit was worth it?
Old 04-22-2014, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I posted this in the general 911 forum as well and the consensus is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
I put them in my '81 SC as part of a complete suspension overhaul. The old arms weren't all that bad and I didn't feel any difference with the turbo arms installed.

Unless the on-center feel of the car is vague and it wants to wander when you are trying to drive straight I'd think you don't need to do anything.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 04-23-2014, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
I put them in my '81 SC as part of a complete suspension overhaul. The old arms weren't all that bad and I didn't feel any difference with the turbo arms installed.

Unless the on-center feel of the car is vague and it wants to wander when you are trying to drive straight I'd think you don't need to do anything.

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Turbo tie rods are thicker and less likely to bend on bad potholes, etc. They don't cost much more so it's a good idea to use them if they need replacing, otherwise stick with what you have.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Tilikum, time to man up on the bogus thread you started in the classifieds. People are gonna find out you're an un-apologetic and neurotic douche.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguy View Post
Tilikum, time to man up on the bogus thread you started in the classifieds. People are gonna find out you're an un-apologetic and neurotic douche.
Don't internalize others problems.

I contacted mreid several hours ago to get to the bottom of who is/was trying to sell me a tach thru money-gram via his PM.

Nice sucker punch...I have to admit...maybe it's the anti-California Crusade.

Now you eating crow for the 2nd post...or is it foul?
Old 04-25-2014, 02:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: