Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

A/F question

Since last summer I have had this problem. I am running lean up top. Hi 12s when getting close to 6000rpms.
I have a modified fuel head by Imagine Auto, about 5-6 years ago. I also have 2 044 pumps, BL WUR and solenoid to hold off the enrichment till 4500 rpms.
Anyway I decided to disconnected the solenoid to see if I was having a problem with that and I noticed that there was no difference in the mid range at all. If I remember right with the solenoid disconnected I should be running rich in the mid range.
I tested the solinod and it works fine. Could I have a problem with my WUR?
By the way I used to be able to go to 6500rpms and my A/Fs would be 11.8

Thanks John
Old 04-25-2014, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Banned

John, so have you adjusted the BL WUR's full throttle enrichment to its maximum and are still seeing high 12s (can't tell from your post if you have tried adjusting it)? If you haven't, you need to draw the large disc on the bottom (the full throttle control pressure/enrichment adjuster) outward about 2 millimeters to go from high 12s to high 11s at 6K RPM. Doing so will lower the WFO control pressure, and thus, richen the mixture.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 04-25-2014 at 07:59 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Turbofrog

Also check the voltage at the pumps. It might also be related to atmo temps. High 12 is just at the high range of what I call safeish at one bar. Your wideband might also be getting out of calibration so if you have a new sensor you should try it now.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
John, so have you adjusted the BL WUR's full throttle enrichment to its maximum and are still seeing high 12s (can't tell from your post if you have tried adjusting it)? If you haven't, you need to draw the large disc on the bottom (the full throttle control pressure/enrichment adjuster) outward about 2 millimeters to go from high 12s to high 11s at 6K RPM. Doing so will lower the WFO control pressure, and thus, richen the mixture.
Yes I have tried adjusting the WUR I have the disc as far out as it will go. I did not see any difference when I moved it out. I think I have a problem with the WUR. I am going to take it off today and take a look inside and see if there are any problems with it.

I will check power to the WUR. Last time I checked it had power.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
Also check the voltage at the pumps. It might also be related to atmo temps. High 12 is just at the high range of what I call safeish at one bar. Your wideband might also be getting out of calibration so if you have a new sensor you should try it now.
I read your reply to quick. I have power at the pumps I just cleaned and replace the power lines to the pumps with larger gauge wire. 14ga. That made no difference.
I agree with the temps change. It does get richer as it gets warmer out.
I really should run pig rich in the mid-range with the solenoid disconnected and I am not so there has to be a problem somewhere.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I checked everything and it all seems to be good. I thought maybe there was a block in the hose that goes from the throttle body to the WUR for enrichment. So I took the side off from the WUR and tried blowing into the throttle body and it was very difficult. Shouldn't I be able to blow threw it pretty easily? I saw another port next to it that was capped off. Can I use that one. It seems I can blow threw that one much easier. I am thinking I am not getting any vacuum because the port is clogged. It is a 3.0 turbo throttle body.

Thanks John
Old 04-26-2014, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: