Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

? for WUR experts

1988 930 - in stock form.

I ended last years driving season with an intermittent high idle and I am on the hunt for the root cause of this. The car was running well before but I was not pleased with the gas mileage. So the high idle was the push needed to break out the CIs gauges I had bought and learn about CIS.

I have read a bunch of threads and from this reading think that the likely culprit of the high idle issue is a vacuum leak but have not yet checked for that as I first wanted to check all the CIS telemetry to see what the system was operating at.

The posted pic below shows the WUR diagram for my car and the red notes are the results of my testing. The strange part is that when I first hooked up the test gauges I had a CP of 1.7 which is right within area 1 on the graph for 10dC but I had to quit test work that day, basically just got it all set up. The next day I started with CP test again and now I was reading 3.3 bar with ambient now at 12dC. I made sure to have the gauge at the low point to bleed out air in the lines etc... but after a bunch of re-tests I could not replicate the 1.7 reading. Both the CP and the WP are high indicating, from my understanding of CIS, that I would be running lean under this condition. The gradual increase of WP once I plugged in the WUR heating element shows that the element is functional and the ohm test showed I had 42 ohms for the element.

WUR threads have shown me the guts of these simple looking devices but I am not sure what could be causing a high reading for both the CP & WP.

thoughts and ideas? I sure would appreciate some help with this.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: