Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Just an update. Re-dropped the engine/tranny. Positioned the fork as described by many. Looked just like kas930's pic. Put engine back in. Hooked up clutch cable and tried it. Fork popped off again! Decided I'd rather ride in my car this sumer than lie under it so will ship it off to local guru to reset the clutch fork and rebolt the engine/tranny back in. I'll finish up the rest. Will post when its all done if there is something new to say about how the re-engage the fork and bearing.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I had your problem once. Re installed engine/trans (had checked thru inspection hole - fork dogs were in place). Tested clutch - no clutch.
What I do every time now is mark which dog goes with which mate . I have permanently marked them. Several installs later, no issue. Weird, but true. Must be a wear issue.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Something is not right

The picture you posted looks very odd to me.. The throw out bearing has a long shaft... I have an 88 930 and here is a picture of mine...now this is from the side and you will notice that there is no shaft on the throw out bearing...could it be this is really a wrong part? I just went thru this several times this past month...so you have to know that these fit tightly and are easily misaligned when you slide the transmission on all the way...

You can test this BEFORE you put it back in the car...just move the shaft with your hand...it should not come out. But your throw out bearing looks very odd.
The shaft it slides on should be on the transmission side not the engine side...
I know there are several different types...but since we have the same car...Im thinking yours should be just like mine.

Look at both top and bottom...Just because the top is in place...the bottom might not be.

1974 Porsche 911 (2003 - 2012)
2000 Boxster S (2006 - 2008)
Old 05-24-2014, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: