Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thumbs up another late night

I could not go to bed tonight until it was mostly together ... 3:46am and I'm finally done . Few more spark plug wire brackets to make and in the car it will go... well maybe exhaust tomorrow but that is quick..

hope for the best .... "Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc"

Kozmo
Old 06-13-2014, 12:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Kozmo

That's getting nicer and nicer. Maybe you should buy a new camera (or drink less beer) to get sharp pics

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 06-13-2014, 02:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Hey - @ 3:53a.m. his pics can look like six bags of ass - he's earned it

Your work there is astounding... shames my measly peasly spiff 'n shine endeavor certainly.

I pulled the plug here @ a whimpy 11:15 last night as the successive 1-3am'ers have kicked me arse something fierce, but the motor / trans are UP... ready to tie in, hopefully tonight.

That was more tedious than I'd expected - 3 floor jacks and the ATV jack, had to get creative w/ my bud John providing voice of reason at key junctures. Def a 2-man job if you're rockin the uberghettofab setup like this

Wow Ken, congrats on the major life change there that's pretty exiting. Def good luck doing the move keeping all them bits accounted for. Good for you tho, that's great...

I too got a yukk out of the drill CF / rivets bit... great way to start the day.

Maybe just maybe I'll fire mine up early next week- shoot - gots to order oil from Amazon today, forgot about that.

Kozmo, I like my bierz tall, cold, and never-ending . Tick freakin TOCK!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-13-2014, 05:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Guys I came in cleaned up and made the mistake of sitting down , just woke up to my daughter jumping on me saying "daddy I want up"
well most cases I would be like alittle pissed but she just started talking so new words are great... LOL

But I check in here ... Paul after reading your post I'm laughing so hard I can't see with tears in my eye's I'm going to have a cup of coffee and see if I can get my motor in.
Just my cell phone taking pixs hard to push button with a beer in your hand
Kozmo
Old 06-13-2014, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
I knew it beer is involved

Old 06-13-2014, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Thanks looks like i'll working on the cayenne this weekend instead of the turbo. the fuel filter which is in the top of the fuel tank is leaking. have to acess it through a cover under the rear seat. That is if the parts and the tool arrive today. Other wise mt fathers day present to myself will be putting the motor back in to figure out the location of the intercooler. All of you guys that have put in the wevo mounts or the rebel racing mounts any of you had the urethane crumble up and fall apart?
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 06-13-2014, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
engine mounts? No failure so far, but not that much km since a few 1000

Old 06-13-2014, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
I will be putting in Wevo trans and engine mounts . This is my first set so I'll have to let you know in the future .They do look nice , easy to fab up for the DIY kind of guy .

Kozmo
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Kozmo,

It looks very very nice!
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-13-2014, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
It has been a thrash to get this done in time . So many small changes make for a lot of thought as you fab stuff going back together . But it is all for the good to make it reliable and last for awhile .
I did put 5gal of fresh 112 Sunoco in it today hoping to fire up this weekend , we'll see ... Can't find my clutch align tool , be a bi$$$h without it .

Kozmo
Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
It has been a thrash to get this done in time . So many small changes make for a lot of thought as you fab stuff going back together . But it is all for the good to make it reliable and last for awhile .
I did put 5gal of fresh 112 Sunoco in it today hoping to fire up this weekend , we'll see ... Can't find my clutch align tool , be a bi$$$h without it .

Kozmo

...thrash, INDEEDEDLY

!!!

rustled me up some time / motivation and harnessed my inner Kosmosis, and just getting in from annnnnnnother marathon eve of fun - productive, at least

nose is 99% hard mounted / DONE

phew

need to eff w/ a fog bracket a shade still but managed to get one H1 I've Summer's Eve'd thus far fully secured after this pic:

need to final hoist and tie in drivetrain, mount mirrors and exhaust / rear bumper, wire up MSD, install rear brakes / suspension...

and then...

(NO AND THEN!)

done

agreed, so many changed variables - shakedown imperative... serenity now! Gots to sched corner balance / align, hopefully within the coming week or so

let's keep our eyes on ze prize, eh?

man I wish I could afford some sweetsweet goodness of that what is 112 - whattasmell upon burn!!!!!! You dawg you.

tick tock it's bier o'clock, muuffuukkaahh!!!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
Once again it is 3:29am DAM!!!!
But Progress ...buddies are coming over in morning to hoist the engine to the jack had to make sure all the bottom crap was on and tight . Still can't find descent wire separators that function correctly . Motor has to be mounted so I can make the new billet inter cooler brackets . Really I'm down to all the tedious crap of changing things you have to make or modify and fire it up .

I resealed trans awhile back still no leaks so it is getting a "rub-n-scrub" and back in the car it goes ...
out of time got other things to do more important like bolt my front suspension on

By the way anyone know if a 1987 spec-2 clutch and PP will fit 3.3 motor, not sure of the fitment but there is 1 for sale here ... just wondering Hmmmmm?

Paul good progress , keep at it the list always gets smaller .... sometimes

Kozmo
Old 06-14-2014, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
Can't find my clutch align tool , be a bi$$$h without it .

Kozmo

The clutch on my 3.2 carrera shares an alignment tool with late 80's honda civic, perhaps yours is the same? Any auto parts store would have one.
Old 06-14-2014, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks I will heading that way soon ...

Taking a little break Le Mans is on ,dam number 14 Porsche already in pits for some reason but that 919 looks fast

Kozmo
Old 06-14-2014, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Well you guys are kicking ass and it inspired me to go down into the garage and start my TK longneck install. The first step is to removed the stock shroud. I loosened the ac line clamp so I could get at the little allen bolts up top, moved the AC line about three inches... and psssstttttt... out pissed my R134 charge personally installed by Charlie Griffith. Griffith's AC upgrade for 930 install threadThe ONE stock thing I reused on my entire AC overhaul was my rear decklid condenser, and a brazed fitting where the hose connector goes decided to quit on me when I moved the AC line.
The upgraded decklid condenser is $499 plus a drive back to Charlie's and a 4 hour vac and recharge.

I just walked away. 10 minutes in and probably $700 later, think I'll go watch some of Le Mans too now...
Old 06-14-2014, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
long night again

wife thinks I crazy ...
split screen live "Le Mans" while I'm putting motor together

Is there a any better way to stay motivated ?

close guys ...real close ....
Tic-Toc-Tic -Toc

Kozmo
Old 06-14-2014, 09:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Garage
Lightbulb Late night

WOW ... these late nights are getting real old
But we have big progress ...
Engine in (need start up oil put that on list !)
Trans in and all hooked up and adjusted (need oil put that on the list !)
rear suspension tight / need height adjustment (The to do list !)

Now for the on going ... where is the frontend "ZINC hardware ? nothing under nose of car yet .
Making new intercooler mount out of billet aluminum with custom left and right threaded rod ends for support struts .
Still making things as I go which slows things down a bit but steady progress .

I was thinking that anyone that is following this will see there old parts mounted , cleaned , powder coated , new stuff made for mounting kinda cool in a way knowing how to recycle old parts correctly . Everything from suspension to engine parts it is amazing what you can find here on pelican .
Kozmo
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Garage
Fitting the new rear tail to the C2 intercooler... another weight reduction , can't believe how heavy a stock rear tail is .
getting closer guys ...

Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc !
Kozmo
Old 06-19-2014, 10:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

With just days to go we are in "RUSH" mode

everything is finally in place ... go down check list
oil
fuel
wire connections
everything tight /and recheck everything is tight
there is no doubt that everyone here has not gone through the same thing wondering what they forgot . I think we spend more time rechecking then actually turning the key to find out .But it is the safe way ...right ? to many late nights makes you always wonder . I bought so many used parts from people and had to make them fit but it all worked out great , in fact "rsrfan" here is a pic of the new intercooler mount I was telling you about..

fit really nice . After Roland showed me a pix of his motor it was just about finding all the right stuff to assb together in a nice package . So with everything in place and everything new including the fuel system fired it up but some kind of fuel issue ... so for once I will be calling it a night a little early today and sleep on it. I will close by saying thanks to all that helped along the way and hopefully the real good start up video tomorrow

Kozmo
Old 07-01-2014, 09:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Kozmo, very very nice. It is so nice to see well thought and out and executed installations. I'm embarrassed at my stainless turnbuckle solution which you have vastly improved upon.

The car is really coming along. I'm enjoying the ride...
Old 07-02-2014, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: