Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
KOZ MO!

KOZ MO!!

KOZ MO!!!

KOZ MO!!!!

KOZ MO!!!!!

KOZ MO!!!!!!





we're pullin here for ya brutha!!!
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-19-2014, 05:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Angry Need to change thread name !

Guy's I hate to say it , but I'm the last one who wants to sit home crying in my beer...

But now with everything is set to perfection 2 problems I have acquired to end the trip for me

1) The " PERMADOOOOM ! " has taken a S**T and that is why it wanted to catch but wouldn't . Random spark on some cylinders and some strong .
2) a fuel line going into the injector with the ball end has split leaking fuel all over my engine .

With only days left to go and still needing c/b and align so I'm on the side lines . I now have to get my car running so I can beg Jacob to ask Amy if there is another day I could come up and pay my money to experience the MMC track first hand . That was definitely on the top of my list for this trip , I pretty much built a race car in disguise

There was 1 other matter I needed to attend to was to pay my beer to...." first running Paul " .... And yes it would be worth every mile to come up and visit you guys you have been a blessing pushing me beyond to finally understand more about my car then I really wanted to .

I have met a lot of new people while trying to finish this car and some of them I will be seeing in the NW when I take the family trip up to Seattle in August . So you guys in the NE I will be wanting to meet when this POS gets running . It will be a nice drive in September so be looking out for a wave by ....
Thanks Again Pelicans are The Greatest

Kozmo

Last edited by Kozmo930; 07-20-2014 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
ugh

that so sucks

really sorry to hear you're having to finally toss in the towel there

that BLOWS (more than Ronnie, even... which is a LOT!)

to What's Her Face's maaaaaaajor chagrin "(it's running, I thought you were DONE now!?!?!?"), I continue to plow hours away on this POS sorting the last few nits and niggles.

The stubby OE oil line atop the oil cooler was the only one I'd not replaced - Len said I should while I was at it even tho it was fine previously, so I tried to break it free from the cooler this spring, and it WASN'T happening... didn't budge. So, of course... NOW it's dripping @ the swage fitting... onto the TIRE. Perfect. I don't dare touch it prior to Thurs for fear of busting something and then being f'd.

My shifter press-fitting busted thru JBWeld endeavor #2, so I cleaned it all off and slathered on #3's worth. I did try drilling through the coupler so I could pin it... my bit literally didn't even SCUFF it. Super. Alas, tight again for the time being:



ideally I'll remove it all and weld it for good, but that's another winter project 8-/

still don't have f'n lowbeams - tried a bunch of things last night to no avail... oy

otherwise, cleaned up some exhaust clamp arrangments and an oil leak or 2 and all seems quite well! Dialed boost up from 0.89 to 1bar last night... whoa momma... thing screams like a scalded cat! Haaaaaaaang onnnnnnnnn!

tick tock... Koz... we'll splash one to the ground for our Homie! Sucks brutha...
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-21-2014, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)
Registered User
 
speednme1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
ugh

that so sucks

really sorry to hear you're having to finally toss in the towel there

that BLOWS (more than Ronnie, even... which is a LOT!)

to What's Her Face's maaaaaaajor chagrin "(it's running, I thought you were DONE now!?!?!?"), I continue to plow hours away on this POS sorting the last few nits and niggles.

The stubby OE oil line atop the oil cooler was the only one I'd not replaced - Len said I should while I was at it even tho it was fine previously, so I tried to break it free from the cooler this spring, and it WASN'T happening... didn't budge. So, of course... NOW it's dripping @ the swage fitting... onto the TIRE. Perfect. I don't dare touch it prior to Thurs for fear of busting something and then being f'd.

My shifter press-fitting busted thru JBWeld endeavor #2, so I cleaned it all off and slathered on #3's worth. I did try drilling through the coupler so I could pin it... my bit literally didn't even SCUFF it. Super. Alas, tight again for the time being:



ideally I'll remove it all and weld it for good, but that's another winter project 8-/

still don't have f'n lowbeams - tried a bunch of things last night to no avail... oy

otherwise, cleaned up some exhaust clamp arrangments and an oil leak or 2 and all seems quite well! Dialed boost up from 0.89 to 1bar last night... whoa momma... thing screams like a scalded cat! Haaaaaaaang onnnnnnnnn!

tick tock... Koz... we'll splash one to the ground for our Homie! Sucks brutha...
Paul why not just buy a Wevo or a Rennshift Shifter and dump the stocker?
__________________
Rey....86 930 "the Mistress"
Old 07-21-2014, 06:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
oh yeah a Wevo's verymuch on my shortlist

alas

it's currently as possible as the solid gold toilet I've been also wanting, soooooo

$$$ I don't have right now unfort, but yeah maybe next year...
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-21-2014, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,250
Mine had a Weltmiester short shift kit in it when I got the car. I brazed the connection you had glued together with JB weld with actylene and oxygen torch and brass rod. It's very solid and not coming apart.

Then to get the shift knob exactly where I want it I put damp towels on the seats to protect them and heated up the steel shifter rod where it bends back toward the driver red hot and easily bent it back and over to the left a little while sitting in the driver seat. Then remove, sand, and repaint the shift lever black afterward so it looks new again or hide the burnt paint area under the leather boot. This worked good and now the shift knob is where I like it. Third gear is not a long reach and it all works great.

The Weltmiester has the shortest throws I've ever felt and the transaxle was rebuilt by the previous owner so all the synchro's and bearings work good.
I always match rev double clutch on downshifts so I'm hardly using the synchros and shifting is always smooth.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
thanks much for the braze tip Jim that's a great idea... sounds like a good plan, MartiniRon has O/A that I can borrow hopefully 8-)

the JBW should tide me over for the short term hopefully... annoying design
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-21-2014, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Mine had a Weltmiester short shift kit in it when I got the car. I brazed the connection you had glued together with JB weld with actylene and oxygen torch and brass rod. It's very solid and not coming apart.

Then to get the shift knob exactly where I want it I put damp towels on the seats to protect them and heated up the steel shifter rod where it bends back toward the driver red hot and easily bent it back and over to the left a little while sitting in the driver seat. Then remove, sand, and repaint the shift lever black afterward so it looks new again or hide the burnt paint area under the leather boot. This worked good and now the shift knob is where I like it. Third gear is not a long reach and it all works great.

The Weltmiester has the shortest throws I've ever felt and the transaxle was rebuilt by the previous owner so all the synchro's and bearings work good.
I always match rev double clutch on downshifts so I'm hardly using the synchros and shifting is always smooth.
By chance is that a 4 spd your running with the short shift kit ? was thinking about the same thing ....or a Hagard
Old 07-21-2014, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Mine had a Weltmiester short shift kit in it when I got the car. I brazed the connection you had glued together with JB weld with actylene and oxygen torch and brass rod. It's very solid and not coming apart.

Then to get the shift knob exactly where I want it I put damp towels on the seats to protect them and heated up the steel shifter rod where it bends back toward the driver red hot and easily bent it back and over to the left a little while sitting in the driver seat. Then remove, sand, and repaint the shift lever black afterward so it looks new again or hide the burnt paint area under the leather boot. This worked good and now the shift knob is where I like it. Third gear is not a long reach and it all works great.

The Weltmiester has the shortest throws I've ever felt and the transaxle was rebuilt by the previous owner so all the synchro's and bearings work good.
I always match rev double clutch on downshifts so I'm hardly using the synchros and shifting is always smooth.
By chance is that a 4 spd your running with the short shift kit ? was thinking about the same thing ....or a Hargett


Paul once again the dead line makes us do stupid stuff ....LOL, got to tell you I tried so hard to get there. So many late nights and to end like this hurts more then you know . Nice to hear the new turbo worked out after all , seen some threads on your MSD install and it was not going to be a easy and fast swap right now . For once I listened to reason ...Seriously have fun and I will hopefully find a day I can talk Jacob into letting me pay my entry fee to have some track experience .

Kozmo
Old 07-21-2014, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
By chance is that a 4 spd your running with the short shift kit ? was thinking about the same thing ....or a Hagard
Yup, stock 4 speed.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38
Hi Kozmo,

Glad I was able to help today. As I said, send me that 20 year old Perma-Tune and I will check it out for you at no cost. Before you send it to me, you may want to check the run on relay. The relay can fail and make you think it is the ignition module that is not working.

Best regards,

Lonnie
__________________
1987 Carrera Targa Heavily Modified
1984 Mercedes Benz 500SL Euro
2000 Monaco Admiral 38' Ford V10 Motorhome
1999 Auto Master 26' Race Car Trailer w/Mech. Shop
1998 Jeep Cherokee Off Road / Dogmobile
Old 07-21-2014, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Problem is , it has spark but not all the time ? a few fire all the time and a few hit and miss... stupid I know but with plugs out turning engine over in start position some fire and some don't . How do I know again call me stupid but holding on to no fire plug turning engine over only shocks the S**T out of me once in awhile

Kozmo
Old 07-21-2014, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #152 (permalink)
 
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
^that's^ klassic, Koz!

another midnight endeavor, another 15 swear job - muther fukking orangeass hose that is EXACT same size ID as the OD of the ducts... and... has razorass sharp fukking metal winding ends that needle you when you least expect it... and... that comes unraveled just by looking at it... and that pops off the top when you get the bottom on / vice versa

field fix, done for time being until I can somehow fab up some ducts to affix to rear of valance:




still don't have lowbeams yet... relays are in at least 8-). Back to Napa for my ninth million fuse purchase in the morning, fingers crossed... hoping my windshield washer pump wires that I'd forgotten I'd left dangling down thar when I'd yoinked all that may have been shorting - can I be so lucky???
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-21-2014, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #153 (permalink)
Registered User
 
jsveb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Norseman territory
Posts: 2,771
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
Problem is , it has spark but not all the time ? a few fire all the time and a few hit and miss... stupid I know but with plugs out turning engine over in start position some fire and some don't . How do I know again call me stupid but holding on to no fire plug turning engine over only shocks the S**T out of me once in awhile

Kozmo
I know it is a long shot, but a mech recently returned my car (no, I don't have my car back), said it was running very rough. I told him, how about plugging in those two spark plug wires?
Two of the plug wires were not properly seated. Easily missed on a somewhat careless QC.
__________________
Jesper
Carrera 3.0 1975
930 1978 OEM Matte Schwartz, ANDIAL IC, BL WUR, SC cams. LMA-3 w. XD-16 and CP transducer
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #154 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 38
Kozmo,

Please do not touch the spark plug wires or the coil primary wires at any time without first disconnecting the battery. You are very lucky to be alive right now. Do not push your luck or you could wind up dead or in the hospital.

In my experience, the Perma-Tune will either work or not. You could have several things going on here that could result in your problems:

Intermittent trigger signal.
Distributor rotor out of phase with the distributor cap.
Intermittent run on relay.
Defective spark plug wire resistors.

I know you said "everything is new" and are assuming everything is right. If new was always right then JD Powers would not give out new car reliability awards. Rather than trowing parts at the car, I recommend using your factory shop manual and the correct diagnostics equipment. And by the way, your body makes a very poor Voltage meter.

Best regards,

Lonnie
__________________
1987 Carrera Targa Heavily Modified
1984 Mercedes Benz 500SL Euro
2000 Monaco Admiral 38' Ford V10 Motorhome
1999 Auto Master 26' Race Car Trailer w/Mech. Shop
1998 Jeep Cherokee Off Road / Dogmobile
Old 07-22-2014, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #155 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma-Tune View Post
Kozmo,

Please do not touch the spark plug wires or the coil primary wires at any time without first disconnecting the battery. You are very lucky to be alive right now. Do not push your luck or you could wind up dead or in the hospital.

In my experience, the Perma-Tune will either work or not. You could have several things going on here that could result in your problems:

Intermittent trigger signal.
Distributor rotor out of phase with the distributor cap.
Intermittent run on relay.
Defective spark plug wire resistors.

I know you said "everything is new" and are assuming everything is right. If new was always right then JD Powers would not give out new car reliability awards. Rather than throwing parts at the car, I recommend using your factory shop manual and the correct diagnostics equipment. And by the way, your body makes a very poor Voltage meter.

Best regards,

Lonnie
LMAO... Yes I know it was a big surprise believe me when I say that...

Distributer was on a dyno machine for setup , so it was firing on all plugs before shipment back to me , Cap/Rotor all new including the electronic module .The over boost relay is new , plug wires are new ,1st and 2nd set of plugs are new , everything inside the dist that is electric is new including advance mech , new harness , new dizzy , all relays are new , even check some of the old relays and no change ... Only comes down to the CDI box . No way Have I thrown parts at it , I have been piece by piece finding one thing after another when testing that leads me to another ask anyone here on Pelican . It has been a painful process to keep chasing 35 years of hacking from PO's ! Believe me I have emptied my wallet at this car trying to sort out and has left me without a ride to "TURBOPLOOOOZAAA !"
So getting this running now is a " got to do thing " but in a timely manner now ...


Kozmo
Old 07-22-2014, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #156 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Kozmo930's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tallahassee , FL
Posts: 551
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
^that's^ klassic, Koz!

another midnight endeavor, another 15 swear job - muther fukking orangeass hose that is EXACT same size ID as the OD of the ducts... and... has razorass sharp fukking metal winding ends that needle you when you least expect it... and... that comes unraveled just by looking at it... and that pops off the top when you get the bottom on / vice versa

field fix, done for time being until I can somehow fab up some ducts to affix to rear of valance:




still don't have lowbeams yet... relays are in at least 8-). Back to Napa for my ninth million fuse purchase in the morning, fingers crossed... hoping my windshield washer pump wires that I'd forgotten I'd left dangling down thar when I'd yoinked all that may have been shorting - can I be so lucky???
By the way Paul keep an eye out , now that I have some time I'm going to try and finish my brake ducs "Carbon Fiber " of coarse with some kind of unit to attached to lower control arms so hose's don't drag on ground . That was a good quick fix

Kozmo
Old 07-22-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #157 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,250
Hi Kosmo, if your Permatune keeps giving you problems I have a new MSD 6AL I'm selling.
It comes in the box with all the mounting hardware and rev limiter pills that come with it. It's never been installed and all the wires are as they came when delivered.
I have another one in the car and this one is a spare I have as backup and I decided to sell it to somebody that can use it rather than store it.

Here's a link to my for sale post on the classifieds.
FS: New Analog MSD 6AL #6420 ignition
Old 07-22-2014, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #158 (permalink)
Large Member
 
krasuskyp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: top of 3rd
Posts: 4,128
Garage
1) Kozmo buys ^this^
II) corner balance / align tomorrow
C) see ya Thurs, BIATCH!!!!

8-)

come ON!!!
__________________
Paul... CT | '87 930 | '07 //S6 v10 JNR | '98 ///M3 vert |
past:

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-22-2014, 10:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #159 (permalink)
beancounter
 
jwasbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Weehawken, NJ
Posts: 3,337
^ unfort Jim is in South Florida and the Kozmic One is in Tallahassee...not exactly around the corner from one another.

I really wanted to see the Koz-mobile in the flesh...I want to see what's going on with your graphics
__________________
Jacob
Current: 1983 911 GT4 Race Car / 1999 Spec Miata / 2000 MB SL500 / 1998 MB E300TD / 1998 BMW R1100RT / 2016 KTM Duke 690
Past: 2009 997 Turbo Cab / 1979 930
Old 07-22-2014, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #160 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:33 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.