Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Thumbs up Getting ready for "TurboPLOOOZA"

To all of our Pelican members... it is a pleasure to be part of the small circle of Porsche enthusiasts that circle the globe . Here we can speak our mind
(and sometimes our a$$ ) but most of us are very fortunate to have this in our life . With that said I have to say the next few weeks are going to be very busy trying to get my 930 to "TurboPLOOOZA" . Yes I decided to change all suspension because of the adventure I will be on . Think of this , 1 and I do mean (1) of the best private course's in the country is going to let me drive there beloved asphalt ...in a country back ground with kinda open exhaust (zork tube) gotta love those flames .

This is just the rear , front is on the way to ER for 40mm drop spindle with von struts . Our host has most everything else but it takes time to do some of this stuff. I'm sure most of us have gone through the same thing but just before a big event ... So wish me luck updates to come ...

Kozmo
Old 05-17-2014, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Great stuff. Looking forward to meeting you and the other fellow aficionados of these awesome cars. Your nice clean parts reminded me of a great Smashing Pumpkins line and I thought I'd paste it up for the f of it. It's 1AM and just in from a wedding... Still wired:
"Emptiness is loneliness, and loneliness is cleanliness
And cleanliness is godliness, and god is empty just like me"
Old 05-17-2014, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
After spending a year putting a basket case together I had to drive it . Well I drove it and drove it hard ,whats a Porsche for ...While I was down at the 12 hour last year I be dammed if I over boosted the motor and lifted a few heads after the old head studs just had to let me know there limit. Once again back on jack stands and I'm working on the car . Do we ever stop working on these things ?
With a plan on paper you got to say to yourself this is going be a piece of cake it's just a motor. But as the tear down starts the list of broken parts just keeps getting bigger and bigger ... My god I can not believe how many bad magnesium parts are spilt broken . Burnt valves cracked valve seats , damaged cylinders ,fan shroud broken, alternator bad , wire harness cut up beyond recognition . But it was running ?

So you calmly say to yourself "I can do this" .... "as long as I'm there , lets add 100 extra ponies "

Pelican Parts what a savior those guys have really helped a lot , if they couldn't they knew who could.
then Extreme fixes my heads and cylinders
Now for all the upgrades and used parts that I purchased from most of you out in Pelican land
Thank You very much ! everything has been power coated ,zinc plated , or rebuilt to the highest standard . Made a few parts along the way and now the push is on to get on the road heading north.

Kozmo

Last edited by Kozmo930; 05-17-2014 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 05-17-2014, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
beancounter

Looking good Kozmo...this should be in the "Notable Recent 930 Modification Projects" thread

And yeah, these cars seem to run great, even broken. I did my first 'palooza with 40% leak down on cylinder 6. Drove to the Carolinas from NJ. Ran on the track in 90+ degrees...the good news is they run even better once sorted out. Use quality parts in your rebuild, don't get too greedy with boost and you will be rewarded with a car that you don't have to work on (much).
Old 05-18-2014, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
dewd! Kozmo... man, you're goin to TOWN there

very nice!

love all the zinc... too cool

git'rdun!

If it's any consolation, I'm very much scrambling to get my POS back together as well... making steady progress at least - man is it a TIME VAMPIRE though... crykie! My family hasn't seen me in months! Heh heh...

To say that I'm lookin forward to meeting YFF's is a colossal understatement!

GOOD TIMES... COMETH!!!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-19-2014, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Now that I have new wire harness back I can quit mocking up and take back apart . I can really put things together now to finish assb motor. The rear is together but final assb will be done after ER sends back shocks and dropped struts (matching vonn's all the way around ) . All front suspension is on the way so next week is going to be busy . I am hoping to have this together for align and corner bal in 2 weeks wish me luck.

Family ? wife ? kids ? as Sargent Sults says "I know nothing" and look the other way ....LMAO

Kozmo

Last edited by Kozmo930; 05-19-2014 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: more info
Old 05-19-2014, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
I'll be getting my cb / align ~ same time as you hopefully 8-)

and

you do know

that

The Sarge... is... verymuch my alias! Not kidding!! Sad / true. My alter ego heh heh. Classic!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-19-2014, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Kozmo

That's getting real nice

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 05-19-2014, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Roland ;

The funny thing about the picture of my motor , you sent me a picture of yours and said " this is what your going to end up with " when I was asking about the intercooler.
Got a good one for you ... proto type done check out the weight !

have to finish the mold for the fins tonight give you a finished weight ...LOL !
got some down time waiting for front suspension to get back

Kozmo
Old 05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Looking good Kozmo...this should be in the "Notable Recent 930 Modification Projects" thread

And yeah, these cars seem to run great, even broken. I did my first 'palooza with 40% leak down on cylinder 6. Drove to the Carolinas from NJ. Ran on the track in 90+ degrees...the good news is they run even better once sorted out. Use quality parts in your rebuild, don't get too greedy with boost and you will be rewarded with a car that you don't have to work on (much).
Jacob
When I get the front suspension back from ER I'll make a thread link over there at "Notable Recent 930 Modification Projects"

Nothing like a story behind these cars, for example "made it to the race track ...Kinda " you can see the oil slick in the back ground
Ill fill you in when I see you

Kozmo

Last edited by Kozmo930; 06-05-2014 at 11:25 PM..
Old 05-26-2014, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
center bolt caps

I just got these from one of our fellow Pelicans ...

just like center bolt .. but not , all billet alum

Got tired of people stealing my old ones... I guess that has never happened to anyone right ?

Kozmo

Last edited by Kozmo930; 05-31-2014 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Finished the rear tin with fab'd one and welded new section in place and power coated...

starting to come together now

Kozmo
Old 05-31-2014, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Wow, that is a fine piece of work. It's like a detailed puzzle piece, just making it fit in you have to be 100%. And that you get to pick the material means you probably used something stronger than the stock thin stamped out piece with spot welds.

Here is the whole piece I just replaced with new from our host.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
That's the nice part apart repairing it verse's buying new , you can pick your material . I was going to buy a new one but discovered they are all made for the smaller turbo . So when you put K27 on you have to trim away metal to fit . I built a curved raised area over the turbo and will line bottom with aero space heat barrier to reflect the heat from turbo ... gold space station stuff pretty cool really , I lined my fiberglass bumper with the stuff and even after long drive only a warm feeling to the touch on the outside . The C2 intercooler changed the position of things alittle so all was a most do anyway .

Kozmo
Old 05-31-2014, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Nice trailing arms.. not for everyone but I like mine a little cleaner...

Old 05-31-2014, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Wow, it looks like someone polished the trailing arms. That must have taken a while...
Old 06-01-2014, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
LOL... to clean to be mine

but they do look nice ,I'm liking the twin turbo setup

Kozmo
Old 06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

This has been a good week , parts are coming in and the pile is getting bigger .More zinc plating and Porsche parts from every vender I think that ever made something for Porsche . I need 1 month to get together and July is for sorting out before hauling A$$ up north. I really need to finish some carbon fiber before I can assb engine .

Roland ... I have been putting the brake ducs on hold until I can finish engine stuff... but the finish mold is done for 1 side just not the other . Very time consuming when you are trying to make identical twins from eye sight . Once I get my struts mounted again I can finish the other side I think . But they should look real nice with a few tweaks to improve on some early models I have seen . I think if I can impress you everyone else will be happy...

Kozmo
Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

If that shot is the right side rear of the car, is the transmission upside down? If so, what is the purpose?

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-03-2014, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

They did that on some 935's to lower the motor in the chassis to lower the center of gravity. Doing that improved handling in corners.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: