Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Sponsor
 
Fabspeed Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 155 Commerce Drive | Fort Washington, PA 19034
Posts: 106
Fabspeed 930T Long Neck Intercooler

Fabspeed Motorsport USA designed this intercooler in 2010. It is USA manufactured and pressure tested for quality.

Fabspeed is the worlds only company that designed a 930 intercooler with NO O-RINGS and we eliminated any and all possible boost leakages.

We designed shrouding to be installed to the rear deckid with rubber gaskets that SEAL the top of the intercooler to the decklid so cold air must pass through the intercooler and NOT around it. Those parts were not displayed.

Fabspeed designed all silicone 4 ply hoses to eliminate BEER stiens and parts for a complete simple no nonsensen installation.

We consulted with Dwain at Vision on this intercooler design and improved upon the Kokelyn design 930 intercooler.

Fabspeed added a threaded water methanol injection port for guys that want to run seriuos boost pressure and use water-methanol injection for added protection.

The Fabspeed 930 intercooler comes with all hoses and parts ready to install on any 930 engine and allows the stock airbox to remain. We can powdercoat black, piant to sample and or mirror polish the tank if you would like.

We have intercoolers in stock and ready to ship along with K27 turbos.






__________________
Paul Aguirre | Exotic Car Performance Specialist
Fabspeed Motorsport
paul@fabspeed.com
www.fabspeed.com
P: (888) 646-4945 x108 |
Old 05-22-2014, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,219
Garage
free bump for owning one of these. Alex was great to work with also!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Alex what sort of data do you have on engine temps with and without the shroud? Talked with one guy who said shroud cooled intake air a bit more but engine ran hotter. He removed the shroud. (Not your product BTW). Anyone tracking with one of these?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: san francisco
Posts: 118
AJ, what do you mean by "nor was the shroud idea effective?" Is the shroud unnecessary? What is the price on your IC?
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Rockwall, Texas
Posts: 8,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@Fabspeed View Post
. . . nor was the shroud idea effective.
A statement such of this is lacks credibility unless you back it up with data (considering it doesn't make sense). How did you determine that intercooler shrouding was ineffective? The only legitimate way would be to measure intercooler core, and/or air, temps with and without the shroud in place (in exactly the same operating conditions, of course). Is this what was done?

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-22-2014 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-22-2014, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 1,655
Garage
Quote:
AJ@Fabspeed



. . . nor was the shroud idea effective.

and
Quote:
We designed shrouding to be installed to the rear deckid with rubber gaskets that SEAL the top of the intercooler to the decklid so cold air must pass through the intercooler and NOT around it.
Don't exactly agree with each other. Which is it?
Old 05-22-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Sponsor
 
Fabspeed Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 155 Commerce Drive | Fort Washington, PA 19034
Posts: 106
sorry guys to specify my information earlier was incorrect what i should have said is the shroud is necessary to keep the hot air from reaching the inter-cooler. as for problems with the engine temperature being effected, we have not had any issues with running hot or overheating. we have had our shop car on the track multiple times and we have a handful of customers that run there cars on the track with no issues. i ment to say that the intercooler shroud had no effect on engine temperature.
__________________
Paul Aguirre | Exotic Car Performance Specialist
Fabspeed Motorsport
paul@fabspeed.com
www.fabspeed.com
P: (888) 646-4945 x108 |
Old 05-22-2014, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus
 
fredmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD, USA
Posts: 2,184
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@Fabspeed View Post
Fabspeed Motorsport USA designed this intercooler in 2010. It is USA manufactured and pressure tested for quality.

Fabspeed is the worlds only company that designed a 930 intercooler with NO O-RINGS and we eliminated any and all possible boost leakages.

We designed shrouding to be installed to the rear deckid with rubber gaskets that SEAL the top of the intercooler to the decklid so cold air must pass through the intercooler and NOT around it. Those parts were not displayed.

Fabspeed designed all silicone 4 ply hoses to eliminate BEER stiens and parts for a complete simple no nonsensen installation.

We consulted with Dwain at Vision on this intercooler design and improved upon the Kokelyn design 930 intercooler.

Fabspeed added a threaded water methanol injection port for guys that want to run seriuos boost pressure and use water-methanol injection for added protection.

The Fabspeed 930 intercooler comes with all hoses and parts ready to install on any 930 engine and allows the stock airbox to remain. We can powdercoat black, piant to sample and or mirror polish the tank if you would like.

We have intercoolers in stock and ready to ship along with K27 turbos.






Can you post the pressure drop and efficiency data for this intercooler? Alot of engine and turbo sizing programs require this info in the calculations.

Thanks,
Fred
__________________
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-22-2014, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Jeff NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NW NJ
Posts: 1,101
Hi AJ, I am definitely in the market for a longneck intercooler. A few questions about your dyno chart.
Is the only difference between runs the installation of your IC? Same car, same parts otherwise and it gains ~30HP over 4k rpm? Was the base run a bone stock 930? What were the ambient temps for each of the runs? I typically see the temp/humidity data on charts.

Why are you down HP/TQ from stock from 3k to 4k rpm with just an IC change? Doesn't make sense to me.

thanks
__________________
1988 930 Venetian Blue
Old 05-22-2014, 02:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Sponsor
 
Fabspeed Motorsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: 155 Commerce Drive | Fort Washington, PA 19034
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
Hi AJ, I am definitely in the market for a longneck intercooler. A few questions about your dyno chart.
Is the only difference between runs the installation of your IC? Same car, same parts otherwise and it gains ~30HP over 4k rpm? Was the base run a bone stock 930? What were the ambient temps for each of the runs? I typically see the temp/humidity data on charts.

Why are you down HP/TQ from stock from 3k to 4k rpm with just an IC change? Doesn't make sense to me.

thanks
The only difference between the 2 runs was adding an intercooler. The car was 100 percent stock to my knowledge. It was also ran back to back with same weather conditions for both runs.
__________________
Paul Aguirre | Exotic Car Performance Specialist
Fabspeed Motorsport
paul@fabspeed.com
www.fabspeed.com
P: (888) 646-4945 x108 |
Old 05-23-2014, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered User
 
TurboKraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,392
Approx. 280hp/315tq to the wheels all stock...
__________________
Chris Carroll
TurboKraft, Inc.
Tel. 480.969.0911
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 05-23-2014, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:18 AM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2017 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.