Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I usually don't recommend EBAY but your car has a great appeal to Euro buyers and EBAY has the largest audience out there. You also have a "Hot" car right now and if you look at the number of views any 930 gets you can tell they are getting attention.

What I am getting at is placing an ad on EBAY with a $35 or best offer will give you a great idea what the car should sell for if not get you the money you want. As you can tell the more that car runs or moves the more money you will put into it. Look how quick $3500 went, add brakes, rubber consumables, turbo, tires, alignment, fluids, etc and you will drop $10k more easily.

I honestly think $36 is a bit on the upper end and mid twenties is about right. New owner will drop double that in the first year.

God luck and glad your father got that much use and enjoyment out of it. That is priceless.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANNA930 View Post
I usually don't recommend EBAY but your car has a great appeal to Euro buyers and EBAY has the largest audience out there. You also have a "Hot" car right now and if you look at the number of views any 930 gets you can tell they are getting attention.

What I am getting at is placing an ad on EBAY with a $35 or best offer will give you a great idea what the car should sell for if not get you the money you want. As you can tell the more that car runs or moves the more money you will put into it. Look how quick $3500 went, add brakes, rubber consumables, turbo, tires, alignment, fluids, etc and you will drop $10k more easily.

I honestly think $36 is a bit on the upper end and mid twenties is about right. New owner will drop double that in the first year.

God luck and glad your father got that much use and enjoyment out of it. That is priceless.

Thanks for the idea I was considering that but still undecided... we have gotten 10 offers today already and 8 of those offers were for $30 - $36k so today alone tells me $36k isn't too steep. I just have to verify all of the offers and seriousness of them. My dad certainly did get his use out of it and really enjoyed his 930 a lot!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

I am interested in the car. I would like to restore this car back to it's original condition like when it left the factory. This car deserves nothing less.
Freddie Hernandez
(541) 535-3304
Old 10-01-2014, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Just for some more info about the car... this was the original color of the 930... 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo For Sale in Springfield, IL 62701 | Global Autosports
Old 10-02-2014, 04:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Well today we sold my Dad's 930 for $36,000 + $500 dollars worth of car details from myself. The guy who bought it lives local but he is buying it for someone else who lives in the Netherlands. The car will be shipped there and most likely restored as much as possible back to original... I actually am going to predict a few things right now, I will get a lot of PM's saying 'you would have gotten more if..' This guy was the highest offer out of the 20+ offers I received. Feels good to have it move on to it's new life but it's sad to see it go as well.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
You did a good job. That was a 20,000 car at best five years ago and I know that because I was trying to sell my original owner 1986 (still own it) and the best offer I got was 22,000 and it was bone stock with 145,000 miles with 30k on the rebuilt engine.

I think you did great at 36,000.

PS- The original color for your car looks the same as my 83 pictured on the left... my 86 in the middle. When I bought the 83 it showed "Special color to sample" and the color was "Ascot Grey Metallic" supposedly a BMW color back in the 1980's

Last edited by VZ935; 10-10-2014 at 12:00 PM..
Old 10-09-2014, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Well congratulations...and the best part about this is that my ride is in a tad better state than your dads car, so therefore it must be worth more than 36K whoohoo!!

Gotta like the current trend.

Mark
Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Ceraintly the Europeans see value in your car. With the exchange rate and prevailing EU value of 930s, esp. EU cars it was a no brainer. You will not find a decent 930 for less than 50K EUros in Europe. I have followed this thread from the day it started and would have pulled the trigger on your car but with 6 911s I have to be realistic. I own a 82 Euro 930 with 54000 KM and know what you went thru to sort things out. 36K is really not all that bad. Yes, you could have got a bit more, but it would have come with a lot of hassles, PPIs and criticsm and aggrevation. Moving on is not always a bad thing to do.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Ceraintly the Europeans see value in your car. With the exchange rate and prevailing EU value of 930s, esp. EU cars it was a no brainer. You will not find a decent 930 for less than 50K EUros in Europe. I have followed this thread from the day it started and would have pulled the trigger on your car but with 6 911s I have to be realistic. I own a 82 Euro 930 with 54000 KM and know what you went thru to sort things out. 36K is really not all that bad. Yes, you could have got a bit more, but it would have come with a lot of hassles, PPIs and criticsm and aggrevation. Moving on is not always a bad thing to do.
Xs 100 nice 75/79 930s in Europe often bring 120k +. Gray market 930s really bring the money overseas.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
P-Car

Garage
930s going home.

Well done on the sale. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay, regardless of educated opinion.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josholand View Post
Well today we sold my Dad's 930 for $36,000 + $500 dollars worth of car details from myself. The guy who bought it lives local but he is buying it for someone else who lives in the Netherlands. The car will be shipped there and most likely restored as much as possible back to original... I actually am going to predict a few things right now, I will get a lot of PM's saying 'you would have gotten more if..' This guy was the highest offer out of the 20+ offers I received. Feels good to have it move on to it's new life but it's sad to see it go as well.
I would like to add my thank you for an honest and informative thread.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Hi there is your car still for sale. regards mike.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Hi there is your car still for sale. regards mike.[/QUOTE Read above post!👆
Old 10-12-2014, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Thank you for the interesting thread. There are not too many reports on actual sales of "normal" 930s. Good to have a real data point. I think you did well and it was done hassle free which has value as well.
Old 10-12-2014, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Thanks a lot guys, I appreciate all of the information and opinions I have gotten here on this thread over the months... You guys have all helped in your own ways giving me advice and letting me know a lot of things I didn't know before.. The sale of the car went quickly and smooth and I know it could have been a LONG drawn out process and I am thankful to have sold it to the 2nd person that came to look at it. My mom originally (6 + months ago) thought we would get $20,000 for it and if we were lucky $25k I told her not to jump the gun and let me do some research which paid off.

Thanks again to everyone for their input and interest. Now stay tuned for some before / after shots of a 1979 Targa I am going to be detailing. I will be detailing cars again so if anyone is interested you can let me know after you see my work.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: