Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
Not mine, TRECUP built it, I believe.
Hopefully built for a woman!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
I don't do Photoshop, but I have a crude photo program I use for rough stuff.

Porsche Photos by kach22i | Photobucket

I'm not a huge fan of either one.

Maybe the plasti-dip suggest isn't such a bad one after all.
George, Architect
Old 05-31-2014, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Make America Great Again!

I don't think you're helping there Kach22i, my nieces 2 year old draws better between the lines.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Banned

Now now, Rich (has) Gas - you need to include a laughing and/or mooning emoticon with a post like that or folks will think you are a big ole RICHard head (although some here will, regardless of emoticons or any other obvious humor indicators) !!!!

Like this, for example (this guy knows how to draw a straight line, too) -

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 05-31-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Old 05-31-2014, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Hi Ronnie...whoops...just kidding Kach22i....I actually love the rims, and quattrorunners car as well. Anyone willing to stuff a Turbo on a non-turbo car is in my camp. The gold rims look awesome too, though...old school.
Old 05-31-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
I don't do Photoshop, but I have a crude photo program I use for rough stuff.

Porsche Photos by kach22i | Photobucket

I'm not a huge fan of either one.

Maybe the plasti-dip suggest isn't such a bad one after all.
It's helpful though. Thr red one looks cool. Thanks for doing that.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Old 06-01-2014, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Maybe do the flag mirrors too?

It just needs a little more accent to bring it all together.

This is a GT3 feature as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gas View Post
The gold rims look awesome too, though...old school.
I was trying to pick up the yellow in the plaid seat, but there is not enough there to pull it off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the solid monolithic look this car enjoys is partly because the window trim is painted the same color as the body, right?

Even the wiper blade look gray, not black.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 06-01-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Maybe add a Carrera or Turbo script?

George, Architect
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
What about the lips?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Now you're talking Kach22i...I think you're correct on the accents...even the front lip and the shark fins aren't black black...more like gray black...
Old 06-01-2014, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
A red hood stripe coming down from the vent might be a bit much, but something to consider.

I suspect that the actual red used will be best if darker, richer, deeper in color perhaps boarding on a burnt red or maroon.

I'd shy away from lip stick colors and glossy metallic colors myself.

I'd focus on how the red of the interior looks in shade and shadow verses in broad daylight, in other words match the more muted tones.
George, Architect

Last edited by kach22i; 06-01-2014 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

I love lipstick colors!!! Stay with the gold centers...timeless
Old 06-01-2014, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
I need to do something with the lips I have two brand new lips but the other smaller ones look bad. I need consistency and a nice look. If I leave the centers, I still need to do something with those lips so that they look good and stay good.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Since everybody loves to have an opinion......

I'd keep the accent color down low on the car, wheels , rocker panel/bottom of the door height. I would not do the flag mirrors or the rear tail lip. This would look too in your face, kinda like chrome wiper arms and chrome door handles, just looks too added on, instead of a blended appearance.

Are you staying with the polished window trim work? As this accent on it's own, changes the entire overall look of the car.

Are completely set on the gray exterior, if you are I would definitely paint the window trim to match, or anodize it gray.
Just remember, you can only anodize aluminum, then the color is actually a tint applied after the anodizing process. The tint adheres to the anodic surface. If you then want it shiny, you would need to have the trim painted with clear.

I know a gentleman with a medium gray 930 with medium red painted Fuchs, looks ok, but having the entire wheel painted red, is a little too much in my opinion. Very retro look though, with the Fuchs.

And just for Ronnies sake...I think Fuchs are ugly anyway, and way too small in diameter, having tiny diameter wheels with real tall rubber, just does not say performance, just says old school...:}

Mark
Old 06-01-2014, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Here's my weak attempt... I'm not feeling it...

'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 06-01-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
And just for Ronnies sake...I think Fuchs are ugly anyway,
Mark, in light of that blasphemous statement, I take back my previous compliment - you sir, most definitely do NOT have it like that!

Quote:
and way too small in diameter, having tiny diameter wheels with real tall rubber, just does not say performance, just says old school...:}

Mark
Yes, Fuches say "old school", but then so does the entire shape of the car! Given that, Fuches are indeed a perfect match for our favorite road-going relics!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
HA...I knew I would get a rise out of you with that, if nothing else you are consistent. carry on, carry on...nothing more to see here.

Gotta love this forum!!

Mark
Old 06-01-2014, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
HA...I knew I would get a rise out of you . . .
Mark
Mark, do you have an errrrrrr, ummmmm webcam set up over here? WOW, I better find and disable it before you post up pics/vids (just think of all the jealousy those would create) !!!!!!

PS for Rich - did that make you fell all funny inside?!?!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 06-01-2014 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-01-2014, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Garage
Painting various body parts is not going to pull off the high performance look.
For that you need to strip of all the ugly black rubber and vinyl bits the factory put on the base 3.0L RSR body to make their 930 Turbo cruiser. The better way is to bolt on proper fibreglass front and rear bumpers, take off the rocker covers and dump the wing with rubber edge. Years ago guys were making full glass tails of the street wing.
Of course it's hard to sport the look with one of the infinite shades of silver metallic one sees on Sport Utes and vans in every parking lot. Way too conservative for a performance Porsche guy.
If you are going to shoot color, shoot color not metal flakes.
Sometimes you gotta say "what the Fuch!"
Old 06-01-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: