Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Oil druck press problem please help

Hello friends,

Well let me start, i own a 1980 911 sc with a 78sc enginea and i have replaced all the head studs from the one side of the engine and the previous owner has replced the other side head studs.

After that the druck press stuck at 2 at idle and went only up to 4 when i rev up. Before the car was not corectly set up. The mechanic after placing the head studs had made the car start at 2000rpm and at idle it fell after 2 minutes at 1100-1200 rpm.

I told him i thought that was a bit high so i went to a porsche mechanic that specilizes in this sort of models. He told me that my auxiliary air regulator is not working properly and that i could buy a used one for 200 euro. I read a post in this forum that you can try and open the air regulator and fix it. He set up the car to start at 900rpm and adjusted the valves and fuel pressures etc to where they should be and he disconenected the air regulator as i am still decidimg whether to buy a used one or try to get that fixed.

Now the car after the set up runs very nice but it has difficulty to start and makes a bit of a rattling sound from the exhaust when i let the fuel pedal off.
The druck press problem now: when the car warms up it falls below 1 and it only goes up to 3 max, even when i go above 4000rpm.

My mechanic told me that probably the problem is at the bottom of the engine and we have to take it out and open it to see where the problem is. He told me that if i dont get it fixed that my engine will probably go bad at some time.

I think i should manualy check the oil pressure to rull out the case of an electrical problem and then proceed with any further action.

What is your advice? How serious is that?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: