Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Cool New wing. Vids and pics :)

Some pics of the new wing. Fitment is good but struggling to fit the cooler inside the wing. See only the 3 screws on the inside on both siden. Any good ideas to fit this?

Just fitted Brians Hooligan exhaust. Sound don`t do it justice!!! PLX wideband will go in tomorrow

The second vid. Please listen for the valve ticking. Got both sides. Is that a valve or something else?

Pics and vids!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108770901508001087971/videos

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108770901508001087971/videos

More tomorrow
Old 06-03-2014, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Mr. C

Garage
Looks and sounds great

Six = Sex
Old 06-03-2014, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oheggem View Post
Some pics of the new wing. Fitment is good but struggling to fit the cooler inside the wing. See only the 3 screws on the inside on both siden. Any good ideas to fit this?
The three studs (screws) on the right look to be epoxied in place, so if it were mine, I would epoxy (JB Weld) a couple more studs onto spots that line up with the mounting holes on the a/c condenser (cooler). The condenser is very light, and if you make sure that the a/c hoses are not adding stress to it (need to secure them so that they are not pulling against the condenser), and then take care when tightening the stud nuts I bet that would work well.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 06-03-2014 at 04:00 PM..
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Thx Ronnie. I`m now considering removing the entire ac system all together as i live in Norway. Will this be a PITA to install later on if i decide to?

Anyone listen to the engine and the ticking? Valve or rocker arm or?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

The ticking sound sounds like an exhaust leak to me - probably be worth it to check for leaks throughout the exhaust system and also look to see if you have a broken headstud (hope not).

I wish I could go without a/c (heavy and adds quite a bit of complexity and maintenance to the car), but living in a climate that is very hot and humid for about nine months of the year, it really isn't an option - no fun driving a no-a/c car that way, and passengers refuse to ride in it.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 06-04-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Old 06-04-2014, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I tried to mount more studs in place so we`ll see tomorrow if it`s up for the task.

I had some paper underneath the car which seemed to get "wind". I think my headers are cracked inside the heaterboxes. Also it explains the exhaust inside the car

So happy i went with the PLX wideband. So easy to install and all the wiring is long enough to stretch where i wanted. Also it`s regular wiring and not fiber which means some soldering and protection and you make it as long as you want. Idles at around 11.7.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Banned

Oheggem, maybe the ticking sound is coming from those suspected cracks - will be interesting to see what you find when you start investigating.

You've probably thought of this, but when you install the condenser, it would be a good idea to not use fasteners with any resistance (no split or wavy lock washers and no lock-type nuts) - probably be best to use plain flat washers and regular nuts - put a drop of blue Locktite on the threads and only lightly snug the nuts down.

Also, 11.7 idle AFR is quite a bit too rich and is just sending unburned fuel out the tail pipe and into the oil. The lambda K-Jet sets idle AFR at mid to high 14s (14.5+) when warm, and that seems to be fine, but misfires ever so slightly (small bit of rough running at idle) - with no lambda, is seems these low compression engines idle best at mid to high 13s (13.4 +/- a couple tenths). Have you experimented with that?
Old 06-04-2014, 01:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Yes i thought of that. My only concern is the hoses giving to much strain. Will investigate that tomorrow.

I had the headers off last year and had to weld two cracks so it`s not really surprising. I don`t have the funds to get new ones now so i will have tocut open the boxes and weld whatever`s cracked inside.

I`ll look into leaning it out a bit. A bit nervous about messing with it because it runs soo smooth. It does use lots of fuel though. A LOT! So aiming for high 14s at idle then. Will that affect the boosted runs? I guess i will lean that out too.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

No, if you lean out the idle AFR (using the adjuster on the metering assembly that raises or lowers the resting position of the air metering arm) it has no measureable effect on boost AFR. Also, that is very easy to adjust, and if it doesn't idle the way you want when you make a change, you can go back richer with no problem.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for that info. Will try it out tomorrow
Old 06-04-2014, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
So i installed the wing after some mods to fit the cooler and also fitted the rear bumper. I think it looks the bomb but every man for himself

When i get a new licenseplate which is much thinner it will look even better

Old 07-04-2014, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Looks good :-)
1986 944 Turbo
Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Nice job. It just never gets old listening to sound videos of a 930. Nothing like it.
1969 Carrera Widebody TurboKraft Custom (Mexico Blue)
2001 E39 M5 Imola/Black-red interior
Old 07-04-2014, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage

My new view

Anyone know where i can get light inserts for my blinkers?

I love the new looks but i need to lower the front end and also start saving up for new wheels!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Did you buy the rear bumper from Erik? Previous red?
1986 944 Turbo
Old 07-05-2014, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Yes indeed
Old 07-06-2014, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: