Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Rocket Scientist

Play nice, Audi

Somebody is going to get their little rings in a bunch next weekend!

A Le Mans "welcome back" message from Audi to Porsche
Old 06-08-2014, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Nice vid!

Should be a great race.

Thanks for posting..............

1986 930 Ultra-Smith RUF Slant Nose conversion, RUF VB, K-27 HF-S, B&B Headers and Exhaust, RUF Short Shifter, RUF Interior
Old 06-09-2014, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
That wasn't very wise of Audi.
Audi hasn't had much reason to feel good about themselves this year. Toyota's ate their lunch at Silverstone and Spa.
The Porsches are faster then the Audis but not reliable yet. If they get their act together this weekend, Audi could end up third in a three marque race.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 06-09-2014, 04:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
930T Owner

Garage
It's all in good fun. Entertaining video. Would love to see Porsche produce a response
2016 Cayman GT4
2012 911 Cup
Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Am leaving for La Sarthe on Thursday morning! Can't wait to see the new Pork and listen to how it sounds screaming down the Mulsanne....if I get any decent sound clips (it usually works quite well), I'll upload and post a link.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 06-09-2014, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
In order of development: Toyota, Audi, then Porsche...I will be genuinely surprised if the 919 pulls this off...fantastic technology, but the car is still kinda green behind the ears, and needs about another year of development.

Keeping fingers crossed!
Old 06-09-2014, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Large Member

Garage
forkin HELL HAIRY ASS

thanks for sharing

I'm a huge fan of both marques, so for me it'll come down to who runs the better race

pretty cool, regardless

While I just scratched off Montreal F1 off me bucket list... La Sarthe verrrrrrrrrrrymuch still remains in need of a tacklin!

Spenny! Have a blast of a time there, and make us proud!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
forkin HELL HAIRY ASS

thanks for sharing

I'm a huge fan of both marques, so for me it'll come down to who runs the better race

pretty cool, regardless

While I just scratched off Montreal F1 off me bucket list... La Sarthe verrrrrrrrrrrymuch still remains in need of a tacklin!

Spenny! Have a blast of a time there, and make us proud!
Cheers buddy, sure will....not for the lack of last-minute drama though, it's now 02.52 and I need to be at the port in about 3hrs....hmm...not too much sleep happening here! Busy planning a route down there that avoids the autoroutes, too many LeBiB's gunning for the Brit tourists, so looking to go native and use the back-roads

BTW guys, you probably know this already, but Radio Le Mans always put on a stellar show throughout the race, and indeed beforehand with the free practise and night qually sessions.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject
Old 06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

You can catch it all including practice online too.. It's free on vipbox.com
Motorsports - Spin Those Wheels - Free Formula 1 & MotoGP Streaming Online - Formula 1 SkySports Streaming

I watch all the skysports F1 coverage on vipbox. resoloution is just ok but it's free and I like the skysports crew.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

One of the Audis had a serious crash in practice and Toyota has been told one of their braking nannies is illegal so they will have to make changes before the race.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

A Kiwi, Brendan Hartley is one of the 919 drivers. Knew him when he was karting back in NZ. And his dad (engine builder of some note) built a race head for me in my previous track car. He is a nice kid, and who knows, may still have a F1 future. Was test pilot for Red Bull F1 I think it was, a year or two ago. He has got there on talent, certainly not buying a seat.
Fingers crossed for him and the car.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-11-2014, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
the car that crashed was chassis #1, the one from the video.

Karma is a beotch.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
#1 is (fellow Dane) Tom Kristensens car. This sucks.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Evening all, your turbo guy on site checking in!

Well, just bought my entrance ticket, still excellent value @73 for the whole weekend, all areas except grandstands!

Typing this whilst standing on the top of the mound/hill at mulsanne corner, eating my first Sandwich Americane of the race. See what I did there? Nice little link, just for you guys. It was delicious.

Ok, first impressions. Fantastic that the Vettes are back, missed that awesome awesome noise. Of the LMP1 cars, Toyota sounds great. Audi is aweful, but f quick. The 919? Hmmm, Meh! Certainly doesn't scream, neither has it got any sense of "unusual" 4 pot (versus an inline for example), like a boxer 4 would. All the LMP2 sound better if I'm honest. The Astons also have a lovely timbre (!), more feral than the Vettes.

Been 26+ degs on the trip down, had a great hour playing with an XK-R, 997 TurboS and a GTR. The sort of drive where you tremble afterwards, the tyres look like they've done a days trackday duty! Didn't disgrace myself, in fact the GTR driver later got out and was stunned how I hung on to him. Have now run out of brave pills!!

Right, back to my frites, in the evening sun. If you guys are watching live, I'm wearing a black and white tshirt, standing up at the back, lol!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenny_b View Post
Didn't disgrace myself, in fact the GTR driver later got out and was stunned how I hung on to him.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Spenny, it sounds great. I hope to be able to join you, maybe next year, when I am back in Europe.

Enjoy!
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-12-2014, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Quote:
Spenny, it sounds great. I hope to be able to join you, maybe next year, when I am back in Europe.

Enjoy!
Indeed mate, that'd be superb, make sure you keep in touch, we've got a great campsite, "the right crowd and no crowding"

Am once again back at Mulsanne corner, watched the Group C race and the Carrera Cup. A Brit victory in the latter, some loverly machinery in the former; Jaegermeister 962's, Rothmans 956, Silk Cut Jag, Leyton House, etc etc. superb. Also met up some guys who work for Williams F1....some very interesting chats, lol!
Old 06-14-2014, 04:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: