Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need Help with Fuel Lines

Hi Need some expertism,

I want to replace the fual hose from the WUR to the Fuel Head
and the long fat one from the Filter to the Fuel Head

Normally i would order replacements from the host but due to distance i need them quicker than they can get here. As ive had a problem with them

So can someone help me in sizing i want to replace with ones off of Ebay the AN type, i just watched a Utube clip and the fittings seem easy to DIY

So when ordering AN what do i need?
Do they have the same size and type of nut to screw into the head?
Do they have correct diameter for the WU

I dont know about conversion or the lingo used,

Can anyone post exact details on what to order to replace those two lines

I know some will point out that im going Aftermarket and curse

well its for a friend of mine
He uses an aftermarket Intake too !

Ive highlighted the two replacements im needing do i need to replace the nuts at the ends as well?

Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would email BoxsterGT for those lines Robbert. When i relocated my WUR i purchased the two fuel lines going from the WUR to the fuel head through him, no issues.
Old 06-09-2014, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You could try a local hydraulic hose supply store or go to your airport and check with the aircraft mechanics and find out where they go for that kind of stuff. Aircraft hoses are top quality and usually dated so there's no old dried out stock sitting around.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Do yourself a favor and don't mess with DIY AN ebay parts on fuel lines in the engine bay. Especially if you are in a hurry...

I highly recommend boxsterGT as well.

Step back and think about how much in a hurry you are. Not enough to compromise on this issue.

Get a tested product from a reliable source and spend some more money on expedited shipping instead.

My 2C
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-09-2014, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
All Good i took my hoses and went to a quality hose place and got a metre of Polymid hose spent all night putting it on the Banjos before getting successful,

In the end i soaked them in boiling water, wrapped them up in tape to protect them , tied 3 pencils around them to keep it straight put it in the stilsens for grip and held down the banjo with the vice before getting them one, Dont want to do that again extremely difficult task that one.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Before you do any aftermarket hoses, try ordering directly from Porsche. I was surprised that I could get all the parts I needed when I replaced the entire set of lines on my car.

Last edited by TT Gasman; 06-11-2014 at 07:36 AM..
Old 06-11-2014, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: