Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

14 pin plug wire diagram

Does anybody have a wire diagram, picture(s), or anything that shows or lists the correct wire and pin positions in the 14 pin plug to the left of the motor in a 1987 930?
I've found and saved some for earlier cars from around 1979 but they are a little different.

The 14 pin plug on mine was broken when I got the car in 2006 and I ordered a new one recently but it hasn't arrived yet. I think some of the wires and pins may be in the wrong positions now.
Here's a pic of whats left of mine. It's pretty bad and needs to be redone.
Electrical stuff can be very difficult and confusing.
Thanks in advance for any help with this.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Jim:

Sorry I missed your call, doing the Father's Day thing with my kids.

I think this might help you

:

I have a cast of thousands here tearing the s--- out of my house doing Ice Damming repairs. I'll try and catch up with you tonight.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hi Dave, thanks for the diagram.
I already have that one and if you flip all the wires and pins in it from top to bottom they correlate with the wires in mine accept mine doesn't have the black/purple tach trigger wire in it at all. That pin hole in the plug is currently empty.

I havn't seen that wire in that harness either, maybe the pin broke off and got lost and I have to dig deeper into the harness to find it.
The black/purple wire tach trigger wire is in the harness that went to the 6 pin plug for the original CD box and it's on the back of the tach.

I wonder if the wiring diagram for an '87 is the same?
Old 06-17-2014, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: