Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Talking Flat Fan plumbing

Hi all just need to know with EFI do I need to plumb and if so where should I run vacuum for brakes.... and on the boost side what should I allow for eg... boost gauge MAP any others ..
Made up all new throttle bodies and I need to know how to plumb it up before install.. will post pictures soon.This picture is with the old throttles..Paul
Old 06-25-2014, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have reference ports for MAT sensor, wastegates, boost guage, and alcohol injection in boost plenums. Then all cylinders are equalized through central plenum from 962. From this I reference fuel regulator and Map sensor under throttle plates.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Flat Fan plumbing

Thanks for the reply.. just to clear things up so MAP, boost gauge, fuel pressure reg.need to go into the top plenum and vacuum for brake booster will need to go under butterfies ... does this need to go to one throttle body or all 6 little confused.. does anyone have a diagram... this engine is for a street car only..Paul
Old 06-26-2014, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Paul,

The brake booster connection is only on one side, in my case in the adapter between the intake port and the butterfly body in line with cylinder #2.

For the MAP, its 6 hoses (1 per throttle) into the MAP Sensor (black hoses with red ends).

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 06-26-2014, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

flat fan

thanks for the pictures they sure help.. will these 6 tubes on the throttles become pressurized on boost...and fuel wont enter them being below the injectors.. thanks Paul
Old 06-27-2014, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche 930twin View Post
... will these 6 tubes on the throttles become pressurized on boost...and fuel wont enter them being below the injectors.. thanks Paul
The tubes are above the injectors and this is a NA so no boost.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 06-27-2014, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Uh, no. As pictured this is not the classic 935 setup. This one has two big throttles, one on each bank. In this case you only need a Tee fitting connecting both banks to one MAP sensor.

The plenums should be connected together with a cross-over damping tube to reduce the pulsation in the plenums. If this is the case, you can take the brake vacuum off the left side plenum and route to the standard 911 location. Alternately, you can buy an electric vacuum pump and mount that under the front hood, near the master cylinder.

Super nice NA EFI install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Paul,

The brake booster connection is only on one side, in my case in the adapter between the intake port and the butterfly body in line with cylinder #2.

For the MAP, its 6 hoses (1 per throttle) into the MAP Sensor (black hoses with red ends).

Old 06-28-2014, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
...Super nice NA EFI install.
Thanks S.S.

Soon I'll be talking about Boost too. I just got my hand on a Supercharger that will double the HP ~425

Might install it next winter. Super Charger ID required

Old 06-28-2014, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
I would rather be driving

I love the build.

Where did you get the TB castings? Those are great.
classicautowerks.com - EFI conversion parts
Old 06-30-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: