Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
BW AGP S200sx_RS_56 Turbocharger

Did my first test drive today but it is a very rainy day
The weather was fine for weeks but today it's horrible.
Looks like the turbo is a beast compared to the original turbo.
Made a little low quality vid but wheels started spinning straight away in second gear.
When it's dry I'll make a new vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxROE_xI3v4
Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

So that was 2nd gear? What turbo did you have before? Happy with speed it comes on to boost?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
So that was 2nd gear? What turbo did you have before? Happy with speed it comes on to boost?

Yes 2nd gear. still had the 3ldz on it. boost starts just past 3000 rpm so thats good I think. My tires did not spin in 2nd gear with the 3ldz and it's now spinning in third gear.
But I need a dry road for a good test. Maybe tomorrow !
Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Awesome. Will be checking in. You see my results of the S366?

I need a good vid yet. Hard to capture boost and tach together in my car.
Cory - turbo'd '87 C3.2 Guards/Blk, 3.4, 7.5:1 CR P & C's, soon to be 993SS cams and GSXR 750 ITB's fed by 964 intake, Borg-Warner S366 turbo @ 1.4 bar, Treadstone full bay IC, TiAL F46 WG, HKS 1 1/2" BOV, twin 044 pumps, MegaSquirt 2 (v3.57 board) w/EDIS, Tramont wheels (285's rr, 225's frt), Big Reds frt, 993 rr., tower brace, MOMO wheel
Old 06-28-2014, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Awesome. Will be checking in. You see my results of the S366?

I need a good vid yet. Hard to capture boost and tach together in my car.
Ow,I think I missed that! Can you post the link again?
What afr's do you get when cruising? Mine looks a bit rich?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W25BfxOMyA
Old 06-28-2014, 12:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Out with the Holset HX40, in with the Borg-Warner S366

You are pig rich. I have EFI, so I'm tuned for 14's to 15's at cruise. Leaning a little may aid spool.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
klefroid

Did you get the s200sx_rs56 with the .82 AR turbine housing?
Old 06-28-2014, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dap930 View Post
klefroid

Did you get the s200sx_rs56 with the .82 AR turbine housing?
yes I did.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I did a test drive while it was dry.
I still have my original IC, only mods so far are 964 cams, headers and muffler, K&N air filter (in original housing)
Didn't get a video yet but that car is pulling so hard that I felt my heartbeat for minutes!
I still cannot believe how this car is going. Still having original waste gate 0,8 bar.
now I still have to lean the fuel. Install bigger IC and dual stage turbosmart boost controller and activate my water methanol injection. But I'm thinking that will be to much power for me as the car is going side ways when pulling on a dry road in 2nd gear. This turbo starts building boost ad 3100 rpm until red line
friend of me got a k27 7200 sc cams and bigger intercooler but mine is pulling much stronger for sure!
This turbo is perfect for the CIS cars.
I'll get it to dyno in two weeks.

Last edited by klefroid; 06-29-2014 at 03:38 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 03:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Good to hear! I'm still concerned why it isn't lighting faster? That turbo should light as fast as a GT35R. Don't want to be a Debby Downer, just wondering. Hopefully tuning your CIS will make come alive sooner.

Glad to hear you're happy! I can't believe how quick mine spools being SO big. Almost defies physics.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

I'm not 100% what I'm talking about, but do you have that relay that delays fuel enrichment? If you're already in the 11's at cruise and you stab the throttle, isn't the AFR's going even lower??

If so, your exhaust charge will be cooler than it would be normally plus the engine will be down on power weakening the exhaust energy.

Just some thoughts.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
my afr goes down to 10 when accelerating so I have to lean it up for sure. need to remove my air cleaner to get easy acces to the adjustment screw. when adjusted it should make indeed a big difference. in 4the gear its holding in at 4000 rpm so clearly to rich!
What afr would be perfect under acceleration?
I dont know if I have that relay

Last edited by klefroid; 06-29-2014 at 08:24 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
My car is screwed up too.
You should have 12/1 full throttle or thereabouts.
There is more response and power higher 10/1. Your problem is the lesser of two evils I commonly see lately with modded cis cars though. Better yours than the ones that get too lean.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Sounds awesome with the turbo, however, as tippy says, you are pig rich. If the video shows cruise, where the AFR is just above 11, then it is too rich overall. I do not believe this is an rpm switch issue. You simple need to lean out your warm control pressure on the WUR.
Do you know what your specs are on the WUR, cold control pressure, CCP, and warm control pressure, WCP?

Looking forward to hearing when you get this leaned out some. I believe you should pick up more power then.
I would aim for mid to high 14s cruising off boost, and mid 11s under load, boost.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-29-2014, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
my afr goes down to 10 when accelerating so I have to lean it up for sure. need to remove my air cleaner to get easy acces to the adjustment screw. when adjusted it should make indeed a big difference. in 4the gear its holding in at 4000 rpm so clearly to rich!
What afr would be perfect under acceleration?
I dont know if I have that relay
I am not sure I understand what you are saying above, but just to make sure, it is not the idle O2 adjuster you need to adjust.

Please note what the AFR is at idle on a completely warmed up engine. If it is good, don't touch the O2 adjuster.

I believe this is a WUR adjustment issue, which does not require removing the air filter.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-29-2014, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
i am not sure i understand what you are saying above, but just to make sure, it is not the idle o2 adjuster you need to adjust.

Please note what the afr is at idle on a completely warmed up engine. If it is good, don't touch the o2 adjuster.

I believe this is a wur adjustment issue, which does not require removing the air filter.
+1
Old 06-29-2014, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

If you think it has power now, wait until you lean it some!

I remember reading about the throttle switch aiding spool so you don't go overly rich in midrange RPM.

But I'll bow out to the CIS guys, they can get you where you need to be.

Can't wait to hear the second grin you'll have.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
I am not sure I understand what you are saying above, but just to make sure, it is not the idle O2 adjuster you need to adjust.

Please note what the AFR is at idle on a completely warmed up engine. If it is good, don't touch the O2 adjuster.

I believe this is a WUR adjustment issue, which does not require removing the air filter.

I got 11 on idle...
Old 06-29-2014, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
never touched my wur ever and it is not adjustable.
Some unskilled people worked on my car and o2 was to far off to get the car running so I did it by feel. Now I have my gauge to make the adjustment so I first have to adjust this and also have a look to adjust the distributor. How much advance should I set it to?
Old 06-29-2014, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by klefroid View Post
never touched my wur ever and it is not adjustable.
Some unskilled people worked on my car and o2 was to far off to get the car running so I did it by feel. Now I have my gauge to make the adjustment so I first have to adjust this and also have a look to adjust the distributor. How much advance should I set it to?
Adjust the idle to about 13-13.5 AFR, using the O2 adjustment on a completely warmed up engine.

Regarding ignition, I believe it depends on what type of engine, effectively your distributor, and what fuel grade you run.
Do some more research in this, but I think (from memory) somewhere between 26-29 degrees is safe.

Once you got your idle and ign sorted, it is time to tune the WUR. This involves either getting it modified or buy an adj. unit.

Fourth edit :
While this is not Porsche specific, it gives a good understanding of the importance of tuning your engine properly:
http://www.contactmagazine.com/Issue54/EngineBasics.html
www.stauningwhisky.dk

Last edited by jsveb; 06-29-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: