Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Interim- Leather Washer replacement

While im learning how to weld to put a roof on my car I'm limited to quick restoration work in the evenings,

Heres some pics of my latest jobs,
It regards those leather washers that help hold the trunk together that go missing or hard , brittle and crack over the years,

I took all of mine off to check and while most got their suppletey back after soaking in various oils and Turps some didnt recover and just broke in two

So i took an old work glove and cut it to shape to replace it,

The bolts that hold them in as with all THREADS i use a copper Gasket Spray, i like it as it seals the threads its also very sticky so will help future slippage and resist rusting it wont wear away over time and will flex with heat and movement if needed.

The TOP of the bolts and the outside of the washers i spray with FISH OIL as it is also sticky , will resist rust etc... dont go overboard with this stuff especially if your using it in the interior- (it DOES smell like fish) lol

Have a noice Day

Old 07-01-2014, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: