Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
All the one's I've seen have a little valve in the middle there. It's for holding system pressure from the draining back to the fuel tank through the WUR's control pressure return line when shutting off the motor.
Without it system pressure would immediately drop to zero when shutting off the motor and fuel pumps and it's not supposed to do that. System pressure should hold around 35psi at least overnight..
So that is why my pressure would not hold.
Thanks, I will get one on order.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
All the one's I've seen have a little valve in the middle there. It's for holding system pressure from the draining back to the fuel tank through the WUR's control pressure return line when shutting off the motor.
Without it system pressure would immediately drop to zero when shutting off the motor and fuel pumps and it's not supposed to do that. System pressure should hold around 35psi at least overnight..
I had fairly low system pressure 5.6 bar (should be 6.0-6.7) so I pulled the system pressure regulator from the fuel head to check and the needle valve was missing. I ordered the assy from our host and It comes with the needle valve, a new cap and a bunch of shims. It doesn't come with the piston and spring but I had that already. I installed the new one with a couple of shims and system pressure pegged the gage. I pulled it back out and removed the shims and it still pegged the gage. POs have done some wierd things to this so maybe the wrong spring? Too heavy or too long? Any Ideas?

Last edited by Hot Euro; 07-16-2014 at 05:28 AM..
Old 07-15-2014, 04:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Here is a picture of my FP reg. let me know if you see something wrong with it, Thanks.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
umop apisdn

The spring looks like it's been stretched

I just pulled the regulator from a spare FD and it's main spring free length measures approximately 22.5mm

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 07-16-2014, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post

I just pulled the regulator from a spare FD and it's main spring free length measures approximately 22.5mm
Thanks for the timely info. I guess the last guy to work on this pulled the valve out and streched the spring to make it compensate for the clogged up WUR. I have been working with the spring, trying to compress it with some success. I have everything in spec for the moment. No telling what I will run into next.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post

Would you like to sell that spare spring? Or know where I can find one? I don't trust my modified spring.
Thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

umop apisdn

Sorry, we need it for the FrankenCIS project

maybe a cheap FD from ebay? a Porsche one probably isn't necessary, 4cyl vw or audi?

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 07-18-2014, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: