Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Price check please

Hey, Im looking at an 87 930 which was advertised as factory m505 which after further investigation its not. I believe the owner had no clue, anyway I still like the car and it only has 25k miles. Car is super clean and its black/black. Any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2014, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by galileo View Post
Hey, Im looking at an 87 930 which was advertised as factory m505 which after further investigation its not. I believe the owner had no clue, anyway I still like the car and it only has 25k miles. Car is super clean and its black/black. Any thoughts?
If your going to drive it, go for it as it most likely be less $$ than a factory car ( that thought train is still valuable to many )??. Who built it? Some builders had access to the original factory parts. Then it just becomes a question as to where it was assembled ( some care). If you do not care as to whether it was put together in Germany or here, all else equal, I'm pretty sure it will perform the same if the assembler followed factory guidelines in the production process. Wcweu. Look it over and the build records very carefully unless you are knowledgeable. The original built at the factory will most likely be the best for investment but to derive and enjoy you are 2/3 there. Those who just buy for investment are also only 2/3 there.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
I've gone native

The only 930 that isn't gaining value as quickly as others are the conversions, with few notables exceptions (smith, ruf, etc). I would value a conversion at 10% less than a std 930, a 505 car is 10% above, yes a 20% swing.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: