Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

From up against the inside of the adjustment screw tower..[/QUOTE]

Thank You fasteddie!
I've checked my distributor and is 95mm so it's about the same width.

I thought about it and my first choice is to try a bigger fuel flow pump, maybe this one:

https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/fuel-delivery/high-flow-fuel-pumps/400lph-metric-inline-high-flow-fuel-pump

As You can see on the chart at 6.4 Bar fuel flow should be over 300 liter/h, this is the control pressure on my car.
The 2 original bosch pumps have a maximum of 95 liter/h at 8 Bar.
My pumps are a little noise and I should replace them anyway soon.
I think that this is at the moment the best test I can do.
Before replacement I would do some tests with bottles posting a couple of photos and numbers here.

Old 08-17-2019, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1241 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
More progress.. 1st What do you guys think of the mounting of my IAT sensor ? Any reason this shouldn't work ?

Also I"m pretty sure the source of my high tach reading is electrical noise.. Anybody have some suggestions as I have converted to the MSD 6A Will I need some sort of noise suppression circuit ?
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 08-18-2019, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1242 (permalink)

Garage
Is that the stock intercooler?

Air needs to flow through the open element of the sensor, I'm not sure it is going to mounted there. If you are using the stock intercooler and therefore the intermediate manifold/BOV housing, then I would remove that manifold and drill/tap as close to the throttle as is suitable and provides clearance.
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition, and EBC. SC cams, K-27/29, Tial 0.8bar, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 08-18-2019, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1243 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
Ok so things are progressing (slowly but still). I"m now getting a good AFR signal but my RPMs seem almost double than my actual OEM tach.. Does anyone know what the correct setting should be to get it correct ??
Maybe it thinks it is seeing a half speed cam sensor instead of a full speed crank sensor?
Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie313 View Post
Maybe it thinks it is seeing a half speed cam sensor instead of a full speed crank sensor?
I am thinking that it's a noise problem.. I have it set to Basic Trigger.. Is there any other setting I should/could be changing ??
Old 08-22-2019, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1245 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I am thinking that it's a noise problem.. I have it set to Basic Trigger.. Is there any other setting I should/could be changing ??
There is a setting for tachout speed. have you checked that?
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition, and EBC. SC cams, K-27/29, Tial 0.8bar, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 08-23-2019, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1246 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
There is a setting for tachout speed. have you checked that?
No where is it?
Old 08-24-2019, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1247 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
No where is it?
sheesh, just type tachout into the help search and click
Old 08-24-2019, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1248 (permalink)

Garage
Cold = traction problems even in 3rd

Lot of miles on the car this year as my daily and it has done very well..
It could use some work here n there and maybe a couple upgrades but has been a great success..

Last edited by fasteddie313; 10-15-2019 at 07:03 AM..
Old 10-15-2019, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1249 (permalink)
umop apisdn

sorry folks I've just returned from holidays

Well done Eddie, that looks really good

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 10-29-2019, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1250 (permalink)

Hello there!
Little question: How much "ma" should have a CIS in order to have no fuel at all also at full open throttle?
This question because my idea is to have some fuel only at full boost when the car is on LPG.
From 0.5 bar of boost AFR become lean.
I'm going to create a dual map, one for gas only, the second for LPG with different injection timing and some fuel to help AFR only in the boost area.

I know, It would be necessary bigger system also on LPG but I would try this way first for 2 reasons:

1- Difficulty in finding larger injectors that can be controlled by the ECU.
2- When the car is on LPG the gasoline lines, injectors and fuel distributor are not flushing and the temperature rises to much.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1251 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Hi and Happy Holidays,

Good question, I don't know
For KE-Jetronic (CIS-E) I would try for the default fuel cut setting of -45MA and test
it can be set to go down to near -100MA in the tables if needed

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 12-27-2019, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1252 (permalink)

Hi reanimotion i wanted to send you a pm but not possible

Can you please send me your number i would like to get some more information regarding the modules
As my car already use utcis and electronic dual plug ignition

Thanks
Old 02-03-2020, 03:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1253 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Hi
Sorry, I've been trying to keep the technical discussions on FrankenCIS public for the benefit of the community, so I turned off PMs pretty early in the project.

For specific information on the components we supply, contact Mike at Dkubus here in Australia
sending an email to info@dkubus.com will get to him directly.

For general tech stuff not already covered (or hiding) in this huge thread, ask away

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 02-03-2020, 03:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1254 (permalink)

Mail sent

I understand the frankencis basic module
I understand the ms3 needed to manage everything
I understand the option with the lambda control as a target

But what is the purpose of the dpr module ??

Additional question
I have an electromotive module dedicated for the electronic dual spark control

Can this be done with the ms3 version (control the 6 dual coil, crank control and map to adjust advance)

Instead of having 2 ecu to manage 1 will be perfect (ignition plus digital wur)

Thanks for your help

Last edited by florent78; 02-03-2020 at 04:58 AM..
Old 02-03-2020, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1255 (permalink)
umop apisdn

MicroSquirt - or anything else in the MS2 family is required for FrankenCIS control, the MS3 cannot be used unfortunately.

The DPR is only used in the KE3 or third generation of K-Jet/CIS
these are mainly Mercedes and VW/Audi vehicles from the 1990s
Porsche only used Gen1 (WUR) and Gen2 (lambda) systems

My 928 and FastEddie's 924 turbo are customised upgrades using Mercedes parts and the DPR system, I believe we are the only two crazy enough to do this so far.

Stay with WUR or WUR/Lambda and you can totally ignore the DPR module

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 02-03-2020, 05:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1256 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by florent78 View Post
(control the 6 dual coil, crank control and map to adjust advance)

Instead of having 2 ecu to manage 1 will be perfect (ignition plus digital wur)
MS2/Microsquirt has a maximum of 4 ignition channels, so 3 could be used in wasted spark mode, but it might be a downgrade if you are currently controlling the 6 pairs of coils separately.

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 02-03-2020, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1257 (permalink)

sure i agree

Can i do some mods / you can do and transform the uw cis to a frankencis ?
Old 02-03-2020, 06:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1258 (permalink)

What are the microsquirt i can use with the frankencis

I was thinking the 3 was ok
Old 02-03-2020, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1259 (permalink)
umop apisdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by florent78 View Post
sure i agree

Can i do some mods / you can do and transform the uw cis to a frankencis ?
It depends on the UTCIS version, they made several different configurations, some good, some bad.
if your UTCIS has a separate controller and uses the grey fuel injector and Mercedes metal can pressure sensor, then FrankenCIS might be able to control it.

the microsquirt is here https://www.diyautotune.com/product/microsquirt-engine-management-system-w-30-wiring-harness/

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 02-03-2020, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1260 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: