Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
umop apisdn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spjuvern View Post
Steve could you please describe what steps i need to do in the tunersudio if i chose SPAREADC2=pin17 to get it up as kjet Systempressure just for logg it.
Note Pin 17 is WLED, - SpareADC2 (MAF) is actually on pin 5

Just connect the sensor to pin 5

SpareADC2 is already setup in the firmware to log as "System Pressure" and there is a selectable Gauge input in Tunerstudio if you would like to use it on the dashboard display

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 09-25-2020, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1321 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
MAP based AE is all 0 and the blend is set to 100% MAP based. TPS is greyed out.

My revving is just fine so I haven't played with MAP based AE at all.
Could you Please show how this 3 setting look like on your car?
My is still not perfect when cold and hot start.

At cold start it does not matter how move the throttle the rev do not increase at first
I have to wait and then slowly build up revs by gently push throttle several times.
After revs come up for firs time over about 3000 it runs fine.

At hot start I need to push down throttle at least 50% to make it start
And now it does not run clean so it need to free rev over 3000 some times to run fine again.

I have tested some different settings but canít make it as good as I want

Old 10-11-2020, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1322 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Could you Please show how this 3 setting look like on your car?
My is still not perfect when cold and hot start.

At cold start it does not matter how move the throttle the rev do not increase at first
I have to wait and then slowly build up revs by gently push throttle several times.
After revs come up for firs time over about 3000 it runs fine.

At hot start I need to push down throttle at least 50% to make it start
And now it does not run clean so it need to free rev over 3000 some times to run fine again.

I have tested some different settings but canít make it as good as I want

pm your email and I'll just send you my tune
'86 no-sunroof 930 coupe: Emissions removed, FrankenCIS controlling eWUR, lambda, COP ignition. Tial f46P 1.0 bar spring, SC cams, K-27/29, lightweight clutch, TK Longneck intercooler, RarlyL8 headers and dual-outlet hooligan
'14 Jaguar XK-R: Bullet proof windscreen, rotating number plates (valid all European countries), martini mixer, whatever you do don't press this red button!
Old 10-11-2020, 06:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1323 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightlead404 View Post
pm your email and I'll just send you my tune
you have PM
Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1324 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Can you tell me more about this I would like more fuel at the hi rpm
I am using a adjustable WUR and the frankencis/ lambda frequency valve for tuning
The more fuel you dump out of the frequency valve the more fuel will flow out the injectors..

Turn the duty cycle for the freq valve way up for your target rpm/load range, or even give that rascal +12V to open it straight up, lol..
Old 10-15-2020, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1325 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
youtube.com/watch?v=POVuP3VRAlg

Need a bigger gauge...

Last edited by fasteddie313; 10-15-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 10-15-2020, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1326 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Bump..

Nothing going on at all?
Old 02-01-2021, 05:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1327 (permalink)
umop apisdn

No news is good news
so not much to do here as it all seems to be working correctly

Do a search for FrankenCIS as there are other threads here detailing installs

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 02-02-2021, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1328 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reanimotion View Post
No news is good news
so not much to do here as it all seems to be working correctly

Do a search for FrankenCIS as there are other threads here detailing installs
Smile Wavy
Old 02-04-2021, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1329 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Iíll read your thread

Seems another 924 buddie (Mike9311) is gearing up to put another system together like mine..

Iím very excited because unlike me, being a rat rod hack, he is incredibly technically intelligent and precise in his works.. Not to mention having access to all sorts of high end machining equipment..

Me.. Iím just crazy and will try crazy things, but maybe thatís what it takes to blaze a trail..

Now Iím shopping for a 400-450 HP kkk compressor, because their must be something wrong with my head..

Trying to think of a good place to post to find one..
Maybe something 930 guys or 951 guys run..

Last edited by fasteddie313; 02-04-2021 at 06:11 AM..
Old 02-04-2021, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1330 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie313 View Post
Iíll read your thread

Seems another 924 buddie (Mike9311) is gearing up to put another system together like mine..

Iím very excited because unlike me, being a rat rod hack, he is incredibly technically intelligent and precise in his works.. Not to mention having access to all sorts of high end machining equipment..

Me.. Iím just crazy and will try crazy things, but maybe thatís what it takes to blaze a trail..

Now Iím shopping for a 400-450 HP kkk compressor, because their must be something wrong with my head..

Trying to think of a good place to post to find one..
Maybe something 930 guys or 951 guys run..
Good luck with your search and start a thread on your project !
Old 02-06-2021, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1331 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrpet View Post
Good luck with your search and start a thread on your project !
I have one here..
924Board.org :: View topic - Stage Next...

I can hardly believe itís been almost 5 years in the making already..

Is anyone else doing CIS-E?

Last edited by fasteddie313; 02-06-2021 at 09:06 AM..
Old 02-06-2021, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1332 (permalink)

Registered

Hi everybody from Italy!
My Cis-e Frankencis Mercedes is working great but now I need your help...
I'm going to install a boost actuated exhaust flap to reduce loud sound at low rpm (new bigger steel exhaust is mounted). It should be opened and closed from a solenoid controlled by microsquirt
Due to the fact the spare outputs are all used I have only available the "tach out" signal to activate a relay.
It seems that tach out provide a 12v pulsed current that I could turn to continuous if necessary.
Now comes the question:
I've checked the signal with an oscilloscope and I read a pulsed current that goes from 0 to about 60 millivolt and not 0-12v.
Any idea? Something to do with the firmware?Now 5.5.6
I really appreciate any suggestion!
Old 03-02-2021, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1333 (permalink)
umop apisdn

that side of the firmware is original MSExtra code so should behave as per the microsquit manuals

NOTE: tachout is ground switched with a tiny 1k pull-up resistor to 12v
I have no idea how long the pulses are though
with some minor changes it should be able to provide a ground to a smallish relay
the relay must be fed with switched 12v (same as the ecu or better still the fuel pump) as it will back feed the ECU via the unprotected pull-up

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 03-02-2021, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1334 (permalink)
Registered

I'm converting my '82 US SC to Microsquirt FrankenCIS to get better control of the WOT AFRs I see when racing the car. No connection to the ignition planned other than getting a signal from the tach.

1) Is there a discussion limited to normally aspirated engines? I find references to Franken, but nothing like this discussion and related discussions on the turbo forum. Of course, one would not expect so extensive (and intensive) a sort of duplicate discussion. And by and large I suspect most of the issues are the same.

2) I ordered the Toyota pressure damper. What I got was a part which appears to be a superseding part. I am concerned that its screw in part is too long, so it won't seal to the Frannken WUR block. Its construction is such that if you blow into the bare unit, the air just comes back out, so the seal is critical. If it won't screw all the way in to the WUR block, I'll have to use a spacer or get another part.
The Franken WUR is in transit, so I can't just see for myself. Do I have the right part?

3) The vendor sent an O ring with a different part number, and not the seal PN I had specified. What is the likelihood that I can just fabricate a seal from some gasket material?.

Old 03-12-2021, 11:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1335 (permalink)
umop apisdn

total length of the screw in part should be 24mm
the non threaded portion should be 9mm from the nut shoulder to the beginning of the threaded bit. there is some designed in leeway in the eWUR port for the damper so a mm or two difference shouldn't be a problem

throw the o-Ring away and get hold of the proper crush washer from Toyota
its designed to self center and allow fuel to pass inside the seal

100psi of flammable liquid is going to blast right through any tiny little gaps in the seal, and as it's a screw in fitting the gasket must be able to handle both crush and twist, some paper or similar material isn't going to work

www.FrankenCIS.com

Last edited by Reanimotion; 03-12-2021 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-12-2021, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1336 (permalink)
umop apisdn

23232-41081

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 03-12-2021, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1337 (permalink)
Registered

Thanks - the damper measures out right.

I never throw good parts away, but I'll put the O ring in the O ring drawer, and get the right washer.
When the FWUR arrives I'll doubtless understand the design.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1338 (permalink)
Registered

Got the proper washer seal.

For my K-Jetronic Labda system, I'm using the MicroSquirt-module V2.2M board, not the assembled MSqrt, so I am going by its pin numbers, not the wire numbers from the big 35 pin plug on the assembled unit. Some slight difference.

Can I use the SPARADC as the control pressure sensor signal when using MAP and not TPS?

Can I use VRin2 (cam)+ as the tach in? Without using the VRin2- (can that just be hooked to the main ground)? I'm expecting to use the tach signal from the distributor reluctor via the circuitry of the 6 pin CDI box as my RPM signal, but I am not controlling the ignition with the MSqt. On my car the tach signal from the CDI box is a nice 12VDC square wave to the tachometer. The instructions are all based on guys using the MSqt to control ignition. I just need the tach signal for the fuel tables which need RPM.

I'm using the Bosch CIS ECU connector and ECU case, which only gives me 14 pins to connect the MSqt board to the car. I have a function for 13 of them, and would like to use the 14th for future expansion.

But how would I update firmware? Is that what the bootloader pin is for? If the unit I just purchased has the firmware I need, maybe I don't worry about this?

Can I attach my MAP sensor to the distribution side of the air box? Can the cold start valve's gasoline get to the sensor and damage it? The air box under the throttle body has a "port" on its left side, which on the '82 US SC is plugged. I suppose I could use a fitting and vacuum hose in this port, and mount the MAP sensor elsewhere?
Old 03-25-2021, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1339 (permalink)
umop apisdn

SpareADC is the standard input for control pressure, TPS is rarely used, MAP only is normal

you will have to load FrankenCIS firmware, what came with the unit is not suitable.
The bootloader pin will be needed the first time you do this, subsequent updates don't require it though as the MSExtra firmware we use as a base is more advanced and can change modes without a hardware signal.

Running in basic mode with the tach signal on OPTO is a simpler option, basic trigger mode in the ecu settings and no need to worry about ignition
follow the MSExtra instructions for all but the CIS wiring and you will be fine. The folks here can help with 911 specifics, hunt around the install threads for wiring configurations.

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 03-26-2021, 04:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1340 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: