Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
schmidlapp

Garage
"red" relay question

First of all thanks to this forum I was able to troubleshoot and isolate an under boost fuel starvation issue to the front fuel pump relay. I am also aware of the difference in the red relay vs the universal black relay.
I happened to have a spare red, installed it and am back in business. While I was in there, I noticed
Both red relays were URO brand. The spare that came with the car is also URO. In doing some research found they are much less expensive than
The OEM relays. I'm now wondering about the potential lack of durability in these inexpensive parts.
When I order spares, which I am gong to do this week what should I look for to be assured I'm not buying junk. Does pelican sell the OEM relay?

Thanks in advance for info...
Old 07-20-2014, 04:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't know if any of them are made in Germany anymore. You could go to a Porsche dealer and ask to see one if they have any in stock. Then look at it, they say where they were made on them.

Somebody somewhere probably has some new old ones that were made in W.Germany. Try asking on the classifieds.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I believe all Porsche Red Relays are now manufactured under the URO name in the PRC.

There has been some talk that the earlier URO Chinese relays were better than their current counterparts.

The strategies of Global Economics will insure there will continue to be less and less German parts on Porsche cars year over year. I am hoping this trend is minimized in the Porsche Classic replacement parts line to insure the quality of the former German Craftsmanship remains.

Last edited by porche; 07-20-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Old 07-20-2014, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

URO Parts: Just Got This In My PM Box Today

Got a NEW&IMPROVED Red-Relay(free)- from Daniel-`APA INHOUSE ACCT/2130 WARDS AVE/SIMI VALLEY CA/93065 after having problems.

So far everything is working well.

Walt
Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: