Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1986 930 CA emissions CO3

I've been getting a lot of oil in the air filter and found the breather hoses in this configuration- bought the car like this so trying to figure it out.

crankcase breather hose connected to oil filler neck (via metal pipe) didn't take of pic of this before I removed it

Top outlet of carbon canister branches to air filter box and oil tank (?) on the side of the car.

Open port in the top of the carbon canister...what goes there?

Seems like the crankcase breather hose should be going to the canister and not the oil filler neck?

Anyone have a diagram of the whole setup as it should be?

Many thanks!!!
Old 07-20-2014, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Found the problem- previous owner/shop had attached the crankcase breather hose to the oil tank, at the filler neck. Then the Y-hose from the oil separator was attached to the other oil tank port, at the location where it should be capped.

The unused port on my oil separator was where the crankcase breather was supposed to go! So bascially, crankcase gases/oil were pumped directly into the oil tank. Under hard driving, the oil tank contents were then sucked up into the airbox Lucky I didn't hydrolock the motor with it running like this. All along, the oil separator was not used. This explains oil I have found in the air cleaner box and intercooler supply pipes.

This is an image from another Pelican thread

2013 X5 Diesel - Platinum Gray/Black
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: