Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Rocket Scientist

OEM Porsche parts - Where to buy?

Back in the day, Stoddard was owned by Porsche, and they kept a great stock. Now it seems everything is in Germany. Both our host and any of a number of P-car dealers take over 2 weeks to get things in. Are there any good stocking dealers left in North America?
Old 07-28-2014, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Try Sunset Porsche in Oregon. Not sure about on hand inventory but there prices are really good. At least on the part I bought. 964T rubber intake elbow that accepts the blow off valve was less than $30.00. Got here quick too.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Several years ago Porsche required all the dealers to send the bulk of their parts stock back to germany.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 07-28-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Old 07-28-2014, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
Several years ago Porsche required all the dealers to send the bulk of their parts stock back to germany.
Well, that bites. I like to use the Porsche exhaust nuts and bolts, but not if I have to wait two weeks. Maryland Metrics has the slotted copper plated nuts, so I have that handled. I am having a harder time resourcing some of the studs and bolts.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yeah makes it hard for every one but i think it had something to do with vw aquiring them it happened about the same time but i'm really not sure. Just makes it much harder to get factory parts.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 07-28-2014, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
I've gone native

*********** can get anything. Last yr I got some very hard to find slant nose headlight mech components, they have a pipeline to pcna and Germany. Not cheap.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Worldpac or SSF
'78 930 #441
'87 951
Old 07-28-2014, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pputkowski View Post
Worldpac or SSF
Neither of these sell retail to the public.

Factory parts -- any dealership can get any part in the factory parts catalog IF it is still produced or in stock somewhere in the world. Need it quickly and they can (a) search all dealership inventory across the US, and (b) expedite it from DE for ~15% surcharge which usually gets it here in a few days.

I can't see any dealership in the USA is wanting to stock $$$$$ of classic air-cooled Porsche parts that sell infrequently. They churn inventory for the newer water-cooled cars, ex: 986/996/955. That inventory moves and makes them money. Us air-cooled guys are the oddballs to them. Honestly, how many air-cooled cars are in your local dealership's service bays? They hardly know what to do with a car older than 5 years.

Hardware -- fastener supply companies, like Maryland Metric, are often a better source, and frequently stock yellow zinc plated fasteners which maintain that 1980s-90s engine apperance. The factory has stopped using yellow cad plated fasteners, and new stocks are typically clear zinc or phosphate coated.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: