Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Bumper fitment help needed

I recently replaced my factory bumpers on my 930 with Yellow bird turbo bumpers from TRE Motorsports. I am having some fitment issues with the rear bumper, there is a 3/4 inch gap on the drivers side and about a 1/2 on the passenger side.

Wondering if anyone would have suggestions on how best to fill the gap or rework the bumper.

Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
The bumper rubber seal helps with this.
It's a seal that your car should already have.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

That seal will fill up this gap? the gap seems pretty big. thanks for the comment
Old 09-14-2014, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

Here is the seal that Brandon is referring to. As far as it completely filling up the gap, you'll probably have to test that to see, but it is fairly thick and squishes down quite a bit when installed.

Pelican Parts - European Automotive Parts and Accessories - Porsche • BMW • Mercedes • Volkswagen • Audi • Saab • Volvo • MINI

If that seal doesn't work, you're either going to have to make your own suitable seal, or do some serious fiber glass work on your bumper
Old 09-14-2014, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed964 View Post
That seal will fill up this gap? the gap seems pretty big. thanks for the comment
Gaps look less.........gappy when their filled. But your right it does seem like a big gap. I didn't want to say anything since your bumper looks painted.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Also you might be surprised by how much you can adjust things back there. I'm working a bumper too. Usually not a bolt on thing but close. I had some sanding to do for mine to fit. Then some manipulation of the bumper bars etc.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

cool thanks I'll look into it.

The whole car was paint last winter and I decided to add the yellow bird bumpers. I have read posts from people who had to do a lot of work "reworking" bumpers to fit their cars. So I really reserached which companies folks had a good experience with when using aftermarket bumpers. Hence I used TRE they have a good track record from many of the posts i've read.

Hopefully this seal will do the trick.

Last edited by speed964; 09-14-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
It will definitely help and might even fix it.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I put just the slightest "help" with a floor jack under my rear bumper to get that gap closer before I snug up the bumper shock bolts and the crescent straps that go around the tube of the shock.

If you tighten it while its under its own weight, there's a sag there that the jack can take up.

(Of course, this is with the stock bumper assembly... jacking fiberglass sounds like a different story, and maybe not even necessary given the light weight of it.) But FWIW

Old 09-14-2014, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: