Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Car used to have 964 upgrade bits including front and rear bumper,
I replaced those with period correct bumpers but from a later car so i dont have the snorkel jets just the normal ones unfortunately.

People talk about the heat exchangers like they slow down the car,

Not true with Euro because weight wise they weigh about 2 pounds each, over US headers the EURO headers better for 30+hp more
Which is about the same as Fabspeed HP figures
but Euro Headers are MUCH lighter than Fabspeed ones and thats a fact jack.

Aftermarket headers you see from big shops advertise headers with big gains and weight savings, but over Factory Euro Headers there are none, weight wise they cant be beat and are the lightest around.
They will also last forever , i cleaned and sprayed mine with ceramic paint but that was just for looks as dirt doesnt show up as much on a black surface

People always say hey i saw a pair sell for $400 or $200 or whatever but all i have to say is show me

You can't buy these anywhere these are one of a kind and date stamped Feb 1977 These are working Vintage Headers Rust and Accident Free with only small stone dents which is to be expected after 240k

Heres another Fact: No Aftermarket 930 Headers have lasted this long

Price will be $2000 or more the pair plus shipping if anyone interested let me know
Someone has already put dibs on so ill update if available if he doesn't take them

Then i will have enough money to buy some shiny new aftermarket ones(downgrade) that will be good for 10 years and thats enough for me, and change left over to buy last of the parts needed to complete her to do another ten years of driving.

And all will be good in the world again, Because the Bluebird will arise and vanquish all who oppose her in flames smoke and burning rubber.........

Here is a typical upgrade story when someone updated to Euro Headers

My humble review of a euro 930 muffler on an otherwise stock US 930

This is as close as most of you will get to a Pair of Factory Early 930 EURO ROW Headers

Old 10-24-2014, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Banned

Robby, have you again run out of meds like you said you did several months ago? I ask, because your rant above is so full of misinformation that I can't think of any other plausible explanation for it.

For example, in the link you provided, the guy replaced only the muffler, not the headers, and as noted in that thread and elsewhere, the headers on all of the Turbos of the 1980s, like the guy's in that link, are exactly the same as the Euro system.

You 30 horsepower Euro system advantage only applies to the early US Turbos that had the thermal reactor systems (none from the 80s).

And your comment that there are no gains to be had from aftermarket systems, performance or weight wise, is straight up lunacy that flies in the face of readily available data that says otherwise.

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 10-24-2014 at 10:09 PM..
Old 10-24-2014, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
wow, i have to read a bunch of old posts to catch up on this Robbbyg??
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 10-24-2014, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
ok, i give up! Ronnie is maybe the funniest guy i have never met! Robby you have to be joking with all these posts? no? the bolting the roof on and wiping it down with WD 40? have been laughing so hard i was crying. ok continue.....
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 10-24-2014, 10:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Make America Great Again!

There's always a little truth in everything Robby says...Ron just works hard to find it down under.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

I sold a set from my '87 to Chris (ttsurgeon) for 400 bucks. $2,000.00 Robby? Well now I know if I ever deal with you it will be top dollar that you will pay also.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
I sold a set from my '87 to Chris (ttsurgeon) for 400 bucks. $2,000.00 Robby? Well now I know if I ever deal with you it will be top dollar that you will pay also.
Wow your so nice (and also a selfish vindictive type after reading that)

Well i gave my Euro Steel Airbox to a member here so can i have a medal too?
Yours were from a 87, ?
Its a DIFFERENT ENGINE thats y you got $400 its what they were worth and probably also a US car.
before you pipe in with narrow minded "facts" do your homework

Only other set around below see link.
they were off a 1979 a 3.3 engine also

So from what i gather your $400 were worth $1500 based on other pricing and current offers
Porsche 911 Turbo 930 Euro Stainless Heat Exchangers Exhaust System Turbo 914 6 | eBay
Old 10-26-2014, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by j930 View Post
ok, i give up! Ronnie is maybe the funniest guy i have never met! Robby you have to be joking with all these posts? no? the bolting the roof on and wiping it down with WD 40? have been laughing so hard i was crying. ok continue.....
Thankyou very much

Theres a saying

Its not the result that matters its how you get there..

OR maybe its the other way round..,

I look at things in the direct practical way, as im (professionally) untrained (i use the word professional very loosely here)in the areas of Paint, Electrical, mechanical i need to research them alll to find out how things are done, ie;the wd40 you mentioned i got from reading here people using another product, (one that i did not have) so i compromised, the outcome is/was the same, no rusted panels which was my goal

Old 10-26-2014, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Gas View Post
There's always a little truth in everything Robby says...Ron just works hard to find it down under.
Thanks
I think ?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
Robby, have you again run out of meds like you said you did several months ago? I ask, because your rant above is so full of misinformation that I can't think of any other plausible explanation for it.

For example, in the link you provided, the guy replaced only the muffler, not the headers, and as noted in that thread and elsewhere, the headers on all of the Turbos of the 1980s, like the guy's in that link, are exactly the same as the Euro system.

Well how does that help my argument?

You 30 horsepower Euro system advantage only applies to the early US Turbos that had the thermal reactor systems (none from the 80s).

Of course it does the 79 and on are different cars (3.3) you should know that Im talking about whats in my car i cant speak for other systems, like above the dude talking about an 87 , which is also a different car.

Everyone note if it isnt clear im talking about 1977 EURO ROW 930 3.0 Headers

And your comment that there are no gains to be had from aftermarket systems, performance or weight wise, is straight up lunacy that flies in the face of readily available data that says otherwise.
Well i have data that is also ready and it shows no gains over Euro systems , there are gains only over US systems

Pick up a Euro Header and say that again about weight saving im telling you Euro Headers are the lightest when you agree with me after doing some research ill enlighten you on the next point you brought up

Geez i might have to take up on the offer i got just so i can take them out of the car and put them on the scales so i can show you
Ronnie my whole 930 prob weighs less than the exhaust system and head combined
Old 10-26-2014, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
QUOTE From Fabspeed

;Quote
The Header Muffler kit will eliminate the 39 LB Stock Header, the heavy 34 Lb muffler with the stock cat and replace it with our 15 Lb Fabspeed muffler and 17.5 Lb Header

;Endquote

Note their Header weight 17.5 pounds each
so if thats true and if i put their system in my car just the headers alone i will gain a total of

Weight of theirs 17.5lb each total 35lb

weight of mine 2lb each total 4lb
mmm let me work it out hang on ill get a calculator..

ok and ive double checked this Ronnie that theres a difference of

21 no i mean 31 FRIGGIN HEAVY POUNDS to be Gained if i use an aftermarket system.

WTF?

might as well go get pregnant with friggin triplets and drive around hey?

Ronnie ?
or were you talking aobut different aftermarket system ?
Old 10-26-2014, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
What!? I thought we were more advanced in our knowledge of what works and why than this hogwash.
Robby just sell those parts. I'm in serious doubt I'll ever seeing completion of that car anyway. Might as well help others who need your parts.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
$2000 i think is more than a fair price when an aftermarket copycat made to fit the engine A replication of the Porsche factory system already in the car one can cost you even more!??

Not only that but an aftermarket system is heavier than a factory porsche pre 78 Euro system
WTF?

IT seems many people here (not just in this thread) believe things to be true just because a few others say so , so theyre like sheep believing this and that or things that are completely incorrect or unfactual, to make it worse it shows the real nature of many also, how they are quick to jump on the wagon and go along condemning with everyone cos they think theyre cool or they know better,or they are better than others, the same people who take their car to a mechanic for the slightest reason, or they sell parts so cheaply they devalue their pride and joy,
This is half the problem why prices spike then drop , its the attitude of many who say, hey your a rip off, i get it cheaper, i sold it cleaper , cheep cheep 5 dollar cheep mista hey for you i do sprecial
2 dorrar mista? okay akay you for you one dorrar ?? mista??
So go to a friggin Chinese dealer in future and sell your parts cheap but dont post it where everyone can read

Is this is why Ferraris are worth more, ?

Because theyre owned by people with higher regard for their cars and more respect for others.?

And now another hour of my life wasted replying to more crap in the Pelican Parts Forum..

ITs Groundhog day

Again
Old 10-26-2014, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
Robby, many here have both in hand having used both on the same engine, me included. Sooooo. I hate to say it but you're full of crap. And you're ideals are just odd with inconsistencies every time I see a post from you. While your heat exchangers are nice and of nice quality (very sellable) they're not magical. They're actually not lighter. They're kinda heavy just as other blind sheep have said.
Robby, I've said it before but if I were you I'd follow blindly. You'll be better off if you do.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

robby's just taking the piss.

...i hope (who pays that much for the POS stock headers? or believes they are any good). he has a history of being a ****ing retard though.
Old 10-26-2014, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

IF and thats a big "IF" that exhaust was ever worth 2k did you help the value when you spray painted them with BBQ paint?

'73 914 1.7 Webers & Header ... sold
'74 VW 1303S 1600cc DP Web 110 & Solex
Old 10-27-2014, 04:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: