Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Any ideas where these plugs go into??

So, I'm back to working on my 87 3,2 Carrera that used to have a giant turbo engine. The engine blew, the car sat for 10 years, and then they replaced the defective engine with a stock 3.2L.

They kept all the turbo gauges in place in the cabin, but lotsa stuff was removed in the engine compartment, leaving several disconnected wires/plugs.

So, I'm trying to sort out what these might be for.

Per the pics, there are TWO plugs that stick out on the left side of the engine compartment, AND there are no fuses in the rear fuse panel.

Any ideas what the plugs might be for, or what I am lacking due to the empty fuse panel>

See below pics.

This 3-prong plug is in the center of the pic, alongside the fuel filter in the left side of engine compartment.

The 8-prong plug (center of pics) is likewise by the left side fuel filter.

Here is my empty rear fuse panel -- still showing that it is wired to SOMETHING.

Any ideas about any of these unknowns?

Thanks.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The three prong looks like an O2 sensor connection.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Rocket Scientist

The three prong round connector is for the oxygen sensor connection. The eight pin rectangular connector once connected to a Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) box. The three missing fuses once ran (1) O2 sensor relay (Turbo) or engine blower (Carrera), (2) nothing (Turbo) or engine blower (Carrera) and (3) rear window defroster.

Last edited by Speedy Squirrel; 10-12-2014 at 06:27 AM..
Old 10-11-2014, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: