Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
took the 930 on VT foliage weekend for anniversary, ran into a Pelican

What's her face agreed to take the 930 to VT last weekend for our annual foliage / bed & breakfast trip for our 16th anniversary.

Which... poses... a mixed bag.

Yeah, I got to spend 3 days in it cavorting throughout some stupendously twisty backwood roads in the 930 - racked up 450mi even!

Alas... all of ^that^ was tempered by exclamations of "you're hurting my neck" (accelerative G's), "you're hurting my ears", "I'm hot", "I'm cold", "I'm hot AND cold" (my HVlackofAC is the sukk - needs attention), and "you're a jerk" (for any disapproved maneuver).

Translation: nearly all of the 450mi was spent @ like 1200-1800rpm lugging in too high a gear, coasting, and @ 80 and under on the highway - sigh.

Tho, she does admit kinda sorta enjoying alllllllll the attention the car garners (and surprisingly isn't jealous of it?!)... we had folks walking up to the car in traffic to talk to us, pointing, waving, thumbs up, etc., literally everywhere we went. And, from all ages - from as young as 4 to as old as 70+. Gotta love it.

As we ventured thru Manchester for Her Majesty to do some outlet shopping (Fme), we were walking between shops and stumbled upon this:

Shiny!

Damn, what are the odds?

I get my phone out and begin to position for an obligatory pic, when I'm immediately greeted by a friendly couple walking up - it's the owner. Crazy timing eh?

Had a brief cordial chat, sorry I forgot your name but you're from Montreal and were also enjoying your 21st anniversary in VT. Said he was a lurker here, small world.

The '86 had received fresh paint last year and looked fantastic. Sounded a treat too as we parted ways and you trolled past up the street.

Later as we departed in mine, we passed e/o going the opposite way and exchanged a flash and a wave. Great running into you folks.

Funny, I thought your car looked soooooo low and hence really wide - as we passed by you, my wife commented "why does yours look wider?" (car, you pervs). I explained, maybe the black vs. red reflects the light differently, or my 18s change the lines, etc. Yours looks killer tho IMO, the Forgelines look awesome and the ride height rules.

Here's a couple lame shots:

And, finally - damn, a picture simply doesn't capture the thick layer of FILTH smattered allllllllll over the rear haunches of my car. Lots of rubber behind the 295s, and the rear bumper / tail are coated in a glorious mist of road & engine detritus.

Love it. Again, pics do nooooo justice to the splendor!

I've washed it a whole 2x since getting it back LAST MAY (and yes I know my rear trim plugs aren't yet installed, on the shelf). Still donning Monticello remnants... I like it this way - concours junkies, eat yer heart out...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 10-17-2014, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Alas... all of ^that^ was tempered by exclamations of "you're hurting my neck" (accelerative G's), "you're hurting my ears", "I'm hot", "I'm cold", "I'm hot AND cold" (my HVlackofAC is the sukk - needs attention), and "you're a jerk" (for any disapproved maneuver).
HaHa...I feel you Paul. I thought working A/C might make the 930 ride more palatable for my wife. Nope. She really does not like riding in it AT ALL. On the plus side, I've finally got her somewhat interested in a Cayman when its time to replace her Mini Cooper S. She wants something stylish, with luxury, not boring, not too large...and she wants a manual trans (like the Mini) - I've pointed out that with those requirements, P-car has to be top of the list.

VT foliage tour is always fun. Very minimal LEO presence, and (little known fact) its perfectly legal to cross the double yellow for passing.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The VT annual foliage tour !!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 10-17-2014 at 08:11 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
The VT annual foliage tour !!!!!!!!!

I'd rather have a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Cole
Ok Mr. Bah Humbug...don't knock it till you try it. I lived in Vermont for 10 years. One of the most beautiful places in the world IMHO, kick ass rural roads, practically non existent speed enforcement, unlimited passing . I was a motorcycle nut back then, have fond memories of abusing the back roads of that state. The abundance of maple trees make for pretty spectacular scenery whilst blasting around said back roads in the fall.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I really miss the fall colors up north and in the middle states. Down here in Florida it's the same all the time...
At least we have a mini cool front upon us at the moment and the weather is beautiful for a few days with sunny skies, temps in the 70's or low 80's, and low humidity.
Drive carefully and enjoy your scenic fall country drives.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Cole... bwaHA! Perfect response from you. Awesome. Somehow I now read your posts in your voice. Classic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Ok Mr. Bah Humbug...don't knock it till you try it. I lived in Vermont for 10 years. One of the most beautiful places in the world IMHO, kick ass rural roads, practically non existent speed enforcement, unlimited passing . I was a motorcycle nut back then, have fond memories of abusing the back roads of that state. The abundance of maple trees make for pretty spectacular scenery whilst blasting around said back roads in the fall.
ohhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah... verrrrrrrrrrymuch ^all that^

Couldawouldashoulda been more WOT fun, but the Rev Limiter / Fun Inhibitor kept me on short chokechain...

which..

beats...

choking...

my own chain, what with anniversary weekend extravaganzadanza weakend and all.

My patience and restraint was well rewarded heh heh...

It truly is gorgeous up there this time of year, we always enjoy a new B&B and some local charm. Can't always be assgassandcash WOT w/ our hair on fahr. Unless you're Petey... which even then, a little birdie (pete) just told me... got married last weekend (!!!)...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 10-17-2014, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm with Cole, I'd rather slam my nuts in a sliding glass door then spend three days with the old ball and chain at a fall festival. Great reprieve that you ran into another 930.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Paul, you're a super swell fella and all but you need to paint those headlight rings...stat.

https://medium.com/@crashingdoor
Old 10-17-2014, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What's her face agreed to take the 930 to VT last weekend for our annual foliage / bed & breakfast trip . . .
Paul, that's one of the funniest things I've read in a long time (in a point- n-laugh sort of way, BUTTofcourse) . . .

Quote:
. . . and this is one of the funniest things I have EVER read (in a holy ****, you are one creatively hilarious MF) - no homo, bish!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Banned

Old 10-17-2014, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

That's a very nice house you have... she looks good too.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Should have driven a little further north.........you'd have found a few more P cars.
Fewer leaves though.
And you'd have been the only 930 in the group
Old 10-17-2014, 02:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I really miss the fall colors up north and in the middle states. Down here in Florida it's the same all the time...
Just like Hawaii. Same *****, day in, day out, but look at it this way, we don't have to clean up all those leaves.
14 535i M Sport

Last edited by WPOZZZ; 10-17-2014 at 09:50 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Lol, Paul- that conversation could have been the transcript from one of "our" rides! We were 20 years last month and she still doesn't care for my driving, truth be told. And yes it might be a bit ticketable, but it isn't reckless go through red-lights stuff. She should take one lap in a track car with Jacob and maybe recalibrate the point where she uses the words "madness" and "death-wish".

Anyway- car/wife/vacation in NH... two big thumbs up. You're doing something right pal.
If that's your house, you suck.

The rims on the black car look sinister! That car looks like it's all business.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Ball and chain...hmm I think it looks great. I still need to travel that part of the US.

A year back I took the wife on what is a 30 min drive over Laureles grade to carmel valley for lunch, she hated it.

I think you did good. Time well spent and maybe even an investment worth while.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 10-17-2014, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
That's a very nice house you have... she looks good too.
ROFLMAO

yeah

that house is mine

um...

no.

Yer funnay... that was the parent to the place we stayed in down below w/ the rest of the Pleebs.

Thanks on the Wifely compliment - What's Her Face and I are on like our 25th yr (16 married) - and... she... still looks like an 18yroldprnstr. Just sayin. Muwhahahhaaaa...

Again, jah - my patience paid great weekend dividends. Naysayers, it was werthit.

Kenster... ha... exactly. Amen brutha, nail / head, all that. Funny tho you sayin that about my car bein setup (thanks)... I was thinking the same on yours all weekend this summer. Still quite glad we got to trade rides betwixt a number of us!

Shannon... um, yeah... you mean like these?

Long story - 1) while I do dig the chrome and the brightness / bigness of the face it gives the car, and they do compliment the wheels (which too if I had my druthers the lips would be matte anodize)... the painted rings are goin back on (note, you don't paint the chrome, you mount rings over the rings). They just seem more right / me. I'm the antibling. My wheel lips look somuuuuuuuch moar bettererer all brakedustylike IMO.

Again, long story, filled with I rule'ism.

B) they're H1's and get away with 'it' despite anything and everything. H1's. Say it a few times, it's just right. H1's. FTMFW.

Jesper... def should venture up these here parts. Some nice bits we have up thar, fersure. Always some fun JNR times to be had, assuredly...

Still laughing about ^that^ bein my house. Youses guys is funny.. in my pretend world / happy place, definitely.

Ronnay... FU, just because.

Last edited by krasuskyp; 10-17-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Missed you by 2 weeks.
From 6h to 23h30 non stop
From Swanton to NH
4 gaps lots of fun
Even climbed Okemo ski resort by car wow.

Love VT.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
^cool^

that's a lot of good seat time in your car

yeah, the mountain access roads can be a hoot - we did the Skyline drive one near Stratton in my TR3 years back, was lots of fun

the Mount Washington Auto Road run during Climb to the Clouds was about as close to Pike's Peak as you'll get:

Old 10-18-2014, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

with me owing Paul a beer it might be the longest bet I have ever paid off...
But I'm sure in the end she had fun , P cars tend to do that

But as for the ball and chain ...LoL.. my wife doesn't even like it when I was breaking in the motor in the garage , I'm sure me just leaving for a few days would give her some peace and quiet... what do you think Paul , a few track days at the Glen ? just sayinnnn

Kozmo
Old 10-18-2014, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Nice Paulie! I miss the East Coast, though Michigan is sweet in the fall.

"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 10-23-2014, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: