Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
headlamp question

hi all,
ii have a 1977 911 coupe, I am stuck with a simple problem, i am trying to change the headlamp glass ( the right one is not original and doesnt match the left). i took the counter sunk head screw at the bottom and took the cover out. then i took out the half-round screw at the bottom of the headlamp ring. i loosened the other two screws but they dont come out but just keep turning loosely, and i cant get the headlamp ring off. what am i doing wrong?

apologies if this is a silly question, this is my first porsche and never really worked on a car before but i want to be able to do small things at least until i find an honest and good mechanic who doesnt charge a few hours for even the smallest work.

thanks

Old 10-27-2014, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
The way I see it, with your explanations, the screw at the bottom is the right one to be able to remove the lamp-ring. Maybe it's just stuck there, I know mine were. Try to pull a little more on the bottom half and it should pop right-out.

The other 2 screws are for the headlight adjustments so, it's quite normal that they are turning loose. One is for the vertical adjustment and the other is for horizontal. Looks like you'll have to play with your headlamps directions once the job will be done

Just to be sure, can you post a picture of the part ?
Old 10-27-2014, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
oops Great, I will try this afternoon and post the result. Thanks a lot for the help!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Praetorian930, I fixed it as you suggested, thanks a lot for the help. First job done

Old 10-28-2014, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: