Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 turbo, scavenge pump back up..

Anything over 2000 RPM's my 930 would blow blue smoke down the road. I found my breather to the scavenge pump was overflowing with oil. So far I have replaced the scavenge pump and all the lines from the pump and on. To me its seems like the turbo is getting to much oil. Pressure is 25psi at 750 RPM's and 60 @ 3000 RPM's

Has anyone seen this?

Found a video on Youtube and my car flows 2-3 times that amount.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-QnnNnsY6s

thanks.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
aka 'vageen'

Garage
Yup, I tore out hair with this last year... It turned out to be a loose connection between the scavenge tank and the scavenge pump. This was allowing the scavenge pump to suck air rather than oil. When I would get on boost, the pressure would push oil put of the vent hose and make a big mess.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: