Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I followed Clint's recommendation and purchased digressively valved front Bilstein struts. The idea is that they provide more suspension compression/rebound support at lower speeds and less compression/rebound resistance at high speeds so that it absorbs big hits well (freeway expansion joints etc) but does not allow as much body roll through turns. This is a more 'modern' type of setup.

ORW Bilstein Digressive vs. Linear Valving - YouTube

Shock and Strut Valving | The Ultimate Coilover Guide

I'm glad to be rid of the torsion bars and also used Clint's progressive rate front springs that Yasin is showing.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Registered

Great vid explanation tonger, thank you. I have a feeling I'll be going down a similar path, the advances in shock and spring technology is very hard to resist.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyguy View Post
Yasin, I have followed your cars progress and love the look you've put together. Car looks great and you bring up a valid point with the 'modern' feel of a coil over suspension. I've never had a chance to drive anything but the TB cars but have always been intrigued by the coil over potential. Did you reinforce the rear shock towers? Are those stock camber plates up front? Cheers
Thank-you! I certainly enjoy driving the car with the coilovers and in my opinion further advances the development of the chassis.

I spoke to Clint regarding reinforcing the [rear] shock towers and in his opinion it was not needed as my car is a '89 and the towers are quite "beefy" from the factory. As a reference Clint has a long hood early 911 that he races and he hasn't reinforced the rear towers on that car. I am also running stock camber plates.

My best,
Yasin

Old 11-02-2014, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: