Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Ubuntu is a more secure operating system as opposed to windows
it is less likely to get hijacked or infected it is open source and Free.

Packets get filtered by an IPS.

Intrusion prevention system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The IPS must have filters and those filters must enabled to specifically stop what you want to stop ie Google analytics

The smallest one we sell is the S10

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Specifications | HP® Official Site

Tipping-Point was acquired by HP

we sell to all the BIG Gov 3 letter acronyms ..the real ones that existed before homeland security

This will slow down or stop advertisements in your browser

https://adblockplus.org/

Now back to Porsches !

Old 11-06-2014, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakthor View Post

Now, that's a prrrrrreeeeeettycool shot! Regardless of the Russian...
Old 11-06-2014, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Maybe could've moved the chair...
By United States Marines.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Russian women are hot
Old 11-06-2014, 01:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

Even weirder is when i surf russian bride sites and the Pelican banners show up.

I am joking of course about the bride site, but not joking that Pelican ads show up for me on other places. I wish Pelican didnt participate in that stuff.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Funny true story; a few years ago a fellow who worked for me got mixed up with a Russian female on the Internet. One day he went to lunch and didn't come back. Got a call that afternoon from the FBI who were waiting for him at his bank where he received a money order from her and was turning into cash to send back. Turned out his beautiful Russian babe was a hairy old guy from Tennessee.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
I keep getting the Cougars one...."Cougars don't play games". Anybody else get this?

'80 911SC Targa
'06 997 C4S Coupe - SOLD
'07 997TT Coupe
Old 11-06-2014, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Download these excellent well known free programs and run them once a week. They will find and clean the tracking cookies, adware, malware, and viruses out of windows.
Spybot ©
https://www.malwarebytes.org/
Avast 2015 | Download Free Antivirus Software for Virus Protection

For defragmenting and optimizing your harddrive(s) this free program is very nice.
Download Auslogics Disk Defrag version 4.5.4
Old 11-06-2014, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
YAHOO! about 10 years ago started pitching to me DIRECTLY in my e-mail that Russian girls had just arrived in LA and were looking to hook-up...

Now this was not spam, but a direct pitch FROM Yahoo.

I called their headquarters and asked them WTF where they doing stooping to such a low level? Their response: immediate cancellation of my e-mail account which I had for almost a decade with all contacts, etc.

REASON: I "violated" my contract with them.
Old 11-06-2014, 04:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
I ordered three of them. They are out in the garage right now measuring conrod center to center lengths, wearing only those furry Russian hats.
Littttterallly ROFLMAO...was boardin mah plane and folks around me staring.

Mmmmmmm... cookies...

Btw... zero ads here...

| '07 S6 | '98 M3 vert | '01 M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 S8 | '95 S6 6gang | '88 M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 11-06-2014 at 09:08 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Hat View Post
Ubuntu is a more secure operating system as opposed to windows
it is less likely to get hijacked or infected it is open source and Free.

Packets get filtered by an IPS.

Intrusion prevention system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The IPS must have filters and those filters must enabled to specifically stop what you want to stop ie Google analytics

The smallest one we sell is the S10

Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Specifications | HP® Official Site

Tipping-Point was acquired by HP

we sell to all the BIG Gov 3 letter acronyms ..the real ones that existed before homeland security

This will slow down or stop advertisements in your browser

https://adblockplus.org/

Now back to Porsches !
Cool. I've heard of tipping point. Security is difficult because the tail is so long.

In case someone needs another reason to be scared: I once bought an old router intending to reflash it into a bridge. Searching for tools to reprogram it I found an exe from Korea that sent a 128byte packet to the router that enabled an undocumented root account with hard coded password! (played with it before using it.) With that root account I could reconfigure the router as a bridge and anyone else could also totally own the box. The device was utterly unsecured if you knew the secret (fixed!) code.

If you want something to be private you don't put it on a computer.

Wish I had Russian bride ads. Or cougars! I get ads for books of poems?
Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post

Btw... zero ads here... and my browser ain't exactly innocent lol...
So Paul, you expect us to believe that you don't get adds for "alternative lifestyle" products?!?!?!

I get hammered with adds on the Pelican site - have not seen one for Russian brides but have seen some for the Asian equivalent - all manner of products (except the ones Paul gets BUTTofcourse!!). I've tried a couple of different anti-tracking/anti-add programs - they work for blocking the adds but then also block youtube vids posted here . . .

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 11-06-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-06-2014, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Garage
I am using Ubuntu for years not only for this reason, will never ever return to Microsoft.

On the other hand, dating sweet russians...

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 11-07-2014, 02:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Chain fence eating turbo

Brian is trading in the ol' lady.....
Old 11-07-2014, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
What in the heck are these clowns grabbing? Unless my 16 year old son is looking for a Russian bride on line there is nothing to associate with this goofy stuff. Now if he IS looking for mail order brides we have a bigger issue ...
thats funny.
back in the 90's when AOL chat rooms were popular one of the guys at work said to another, " hey john, isnt your sons screen name ^&$%? well he is in the room lesbians looking for lesbians." john said tell him i said "hey". so he got in and said hey mark, your dad says hi. he was gone.

it would tell you when friends were online. i found one of the guys i worked with in men looking men. i signed in under another name to see what he was doing. he was really 39 years old but was telling people he was 24 and a buff surfer dude.
i never said anything.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 11-12-2014, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Woo!

Just today I started getting the banner ads for Russian women (they make the best wives?? I thought they became babushkas), also for Asian Beauties.

At least the machine learning matrix has decided I'm somebody now!

Old 11-16-2014, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: